Zeke Charged With Sexual Harrassment

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Darth Tater, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

2. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

Re: Oh Isiah! Lawsuit.

Id say there was no claim to these allegations if it was some low level employee looking to make some cash, but this lady was a Senior VP in NYC. Makes it a little more legit.

3. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Story contains this little tidbit: The lawsuit also alleges that Thomas told Browne Sanders he was pushing for more home games at noon on Sundays. His plan, according to Browne Sanders, was to have opposing players go to certain clubs, including strip clubs, that Thomas had connections with on Saturday nights and get them drunk so they would be sluggish for the game the next day.

How can he get opposing players to go the clubs with which he has connections?:confused:

4. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

Mr. Thomas I knew Joe Dumars, and Mr. Thomas you are no Joe Dumars.

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

What else is there to do in New York?

6. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

7. buddahfan

Why is this thread on the Detroit Pistons forum. Last I checked Zeke is employed by MSG and not Mr. Davidson.

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It's a gray area. Zeke is also a former Piston. However, you did amazing work with your best starts thread, so your wish for a move is granted. I'll assume the OP of this thread won't mind.

9. Darth Tater

Yeah, I was thinking that too.

I don't know how much truth there is to these allegations, but I was thinking that NOBODY would even think of making those kinds of claims against Joe. For one reason he would never do that sort of thing. Secondly, even if the woman is lying, she would know that nobody would believe her if she made up a story like that against Joe.

10. Darth Tater

I don't mind the thread being moved at all. I wasn't sure where to place it. Isiah will always be a Piston to me even if he is wearing another teams colors and even if these allegations turn out to be true.

I sure hope it's not true, but I'll never hate the guy. He brought me too much joy in my life, and in my opinion he built the Pistons and made them what they are today. Greatly disappointed ...yes. Hate him...it would take more than this.

11. buddahfan

I find it very interesting to notice the difference in the way the press is approaching this Zeke situation from what Kobe did.

It was very clear that Kobe was presented as the innocent victim and the woman as the guilty one. Another example of the public's and press love of Kobe.

Yet Zeke is already being raked over the coals and found guilty in the press and the woman is being presented as some kind of super corporate executive harrassed by a man of more power in the organization; i.e. Zeke.

Another example of how the press outside of Michigan and maybe Indiana has always hated Zeke.

The whole thing is pretty disgusting. I mean the press approach. But that doesn't really surprise me.

12. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I think the guys in the league that go to those type of clubs already have the locations discreetly maped outfand have perfered customer status. They don't need a an invite it is already on the itinerary.

13. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

All of this will force Zeke to be fired at the end of the season and good old Larry will be named GM. Has anyone heard Larry's tongue and cheek support for Zeke?

14. Pastor Flournoy

think I heard it before but sounded more like this "One more thing guys.....I love you" and as the team hits the floor he ponders" "I wonder what Zeke is doing"

15. Darth Tater

16. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

The funniest yet most cogent defense of Isiah came in one article where an unnamed GM said that none of the players needed to be "led" anywhere -- not only did they know where the clubs were, but that's where they'd be going anyway.

17. Pastor Flournoy

anyone know if the story (new york daily news) about Zeke being a no-show on his Son is true? If it is I withdraw myself from his fan base and I hope they take his jersey out of the Palace. I can't cheer for anyone who knows they have a child and does not take time to be in their life. I hope it is not true.

18. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Here's that article, Pastor. More Isiah stuff, from the NY Post. I'm a total hypocrite for posting this because I've bashed others for posting Post articles (sorry Zoso), but I thought this was an interesting read:

January 30, 2006 -- ALOOF & ABSENT ISIAH 'HASN'T BEEN A GOOD DAD': SON
    BLOOMFIELD HILLS, Mich. — Isiah Thomas' secret love child broke his silence yesterday — revealing how his famous Knicks-boss dad has never once tried to contact him, and even ignored recent messages he left with his secretary.

Marc Edward Thomas Dones, 19, told The Post that he couldn't care less about the embattled Knicks president, who stands accused of sexually harassing a former team executive.
    "I don't care about what's going on with him now — that's his concern," the aspiring writer told The Post yesterday while walking his dogs outside his suburban Detroit home. "Our lives are separate. He lives his and I live mine."
    "He hasn't been a good dad to me. He's never returned my calls — that's just him."
    Dones, whose arched eyebrows and high forehead make him the spitting image of his dad, said he'd left at least three messages for Thomas in the past month in hopes of speaking to the absent pop before his birthday Feb. 6.
    "I rang because, you know, I'm turning 20," Dones said. "I think I deserve two words from him — 'hi' and 'goodbye,' something like that."
    Last week, former Knicks executive Anucha Browne Sanders, 43, filed a scathing federal lawsuit against Thomas, accusing him of calling her crude names and asking for sex.
    Sanders says she was fired from her job as VP for the team's marketing and business operations after she rebuffed his romantic advances in the sensational lawsuit.
    The Post revealed Sunday that Thomas had a love child more than 19 years ago after a reported two-month affair with another woman while he was engaged to be married.
    A spokesman for Madison Square Garden yesterday said Thomas did not wish to comment on his son's allegations, or the sexual-harassment or paternity suits.
    Yesterday, Dones described how his mom, Jenni, whose last name he took, was a strong single parent who provided all the support he needed.
    His mother had made sure he knew about his father as soon as he was old enough to understand.
    "She's a strong woman," he said. "She told me as soon as I was cognizant. I've learned to live with it. My friends know and don't care. Those that care aren't my friends."
    Jenni Dones never married and has lived with her son in a two-story town house abutting a golf course.
    The woman filed a paternity suit against Thomas when she was six months pregnant in December 1985, just four months after the then-Pistons star married his wife, Lynn Kendall.
    "I think they went out for a couple of months while he was engaged," Dones said. "I don't know if my mother knew about [Kendall]."
    Thomas — who has two children with Kendall — settled the suit in 1987, agreeing to pay about $52,000 and provide $2,764.78 a month until Dones turned 18.
    At that age, he was supposed to receive a lump-sum payment of $100,000.
    Dones said he had gotten used to his absent father's fame after spending a lifetime reading about him — and his other family — in the press.
    "I read about him and his kids, and I don't even think that they really know about me," he said.
    He said Thomas' family had not even acknowledged him when they lived nearby.
    "I suppose it hurts to see how he's treating them and how he's treating me," he said. "I am just as much his child as his other kids are."
    While Dones' half-brother, Josh Thomas, 17, rushed to his father's defense over the sexual-harassment claims, Dones had no such words of comfort.
    "I think he should just be a good dad," said Dones.
    He said he has taken a different path from his sports-hero dad.
    "We're different people," he said. "We have different lives. I'm a writer. I'm not into sports. The concept of pushing a ball around is foreign to me."
    Dones said he had deferred his university plans until fall but hoped to be accepted to the University of Michigan.
    "I've traveled a lot and don't plan to live in Michigan for the rest of my life," he said. "Who knows where I'll end up?"
    Dones said he was trying to get work at a library, so he could be around books.
    In the future, he hopes his memoir will be on those shelves. The determined author already has an agent in New York for the tell-all tale that would include details of his father's refusal to acknowledge him.
    In the meantime, the aspiring author says he has penned many poems. One is dedicated to his high-school boyfriend, Ethan.
    "I like poetry because it's free," Isiah Thomas once said. "You are not restricted or confined in any way."
    His estranged son, however, pointed out yesterday that poetry doesn't pay the bills.
    When asked what was the one thing he would say to the dad he has known only through the news, Dones yesterday declined to answer.
    "What I have to say to him I'm not going to say through someone else," he said. "He's never been a part of my life. My mother and I are strong people. There's no reason to be upset about it."
    heather.gilmore@nypost.com

19. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I guess when it rains, it pours...

what else do they have on Zeke?

did he kick a nun on his way to work?

is he in league with Osama Bin Laden?

Oh Isiah..Isiah...Isiah. :(

20. Darth Tater

Yeah. You said it. :(