YKW is dying to get out of the NBA...

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Pwn Toney, Dec 1, 2009.

1. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Walter...I see what you are saying but have you ever watched Darko during warmups?

2. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

LOL. Just one day old and another Darko topic has five pages already. This kid sure does bring out the passion in people! FIVE YEARS LATER!

:pound:

What removes my laughter is when I think about how pumped I was to have the second pick going into the draft right when we were killing everyone. I mean, it would take a moron to screw that up.

Uh, sorry Joe. I still think you are a great GM. Everybody needs something to keep them humble. You have yours, Tiger now has his, and I have mine.

3. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I'd say the fact that Darko is a $****y player is a pretty good reason.

4. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I gotta wonder if other teams still have fans carrying the torch for the likes of Pervis Ellison, Dennis Hopson, LaRue Martin, or Olowokandi.

This is magnificent.

5. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Darko's biggest contribution to NBA was when Memphis auctioned off his ripped jersey after the Hulk Hogan impression.

6. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

It is still a fact that virtually every pro basketball person asked said that Darko was most likely who they would have picked, as well as JD.

The problems began after he was drafted.

They did nothing but compound after that.

At the time, I did not think about having him stay in Europe for a year or two, but the way things turned out, it would have been the best thing in so many ways.

He was just too young and inexperienced (and coming to a completely foreign society); he would have missed LB.

Having said all that, if Darko really had the heart to play in the NBA, those things would not have held him back after the second season, at least. He does not have the inner strength to overcome his early treatment.

Mehmet Okur went through some of the same things; has a playing style and a lot of the same strengths and weaknessesl But he has progressed and become a solid NBA player. Darko should have been able to do the same.

But so far, he has not.