YKW is dying to get out of the NBA...

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Pwn Toney, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

2. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What a loser.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He really is giving no effort this year whatsoever. All he had to do was beat out and injured, out of shape, Eddy Curry, and he couldn't even do that.
  5. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

If Smoko can't play for D'Ant. He can't play for anybody. Sounds like he wants to be a PC (Point Center).

...that article link to the picture of Millicig and Delf sitting poolside is pretty funny though.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think that my favorite Darko moment was the tirade to the ref with that horrible translation.
  7. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

From my point of view, his failure is no more spectacular than that of the NBA teams who paid him millions of dollars and never gave him the PT the time to allow him to be a good NBA player.

Even if you go by this year with the Knicks, there is no way he should not be playing his way into the rotation when all he has to beat out was Curry. He could not beat him out when he got no PT.

When he came here he did things that he does not do now because he is riding the bench.

He is certainly not blameless but when teams are paying him millions, they must take a portion of the blame when they fail to get some of their moneys worth out of him.

I agree that he should be here in Detroit; he never would have asked to leave in the first place if he had had a chance here.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

OMFG!!! I can't believe how some of you all still make apologies for this dude. The reality is that HE CAN'T BALL!!! Tell me when he balled in his career, anytime, please tell me. When Joe drafted him it was on all this alleged potential he showed in 2mins of playing time back in Serbia, at no time in his hoop career has he ever delivered the goods, NEVER!!! The same BS about how coaches don't play this great and talented Dirk Garnettesque type of player was said in his Serbian JV league, enough is enough already.
  9. HarryFWong

HarryFWong First Round Draft Pick

I can't believe some people continue to make excuses for this guy. He's on his 4th team now and has never done jack (don't point to those robust 7ppg 4rpg days in Orlando and Memphis where they even allowed this scrub to start some games). We're talking 3 crappy teams that don't mind playing young guys. He did get PT. It's his own fault it wasn't 40mpg.

This guy was obviously never hungry and never will be. He'll never make it in the NBA as anything more than a journeyman. Let him go to Europe where even guys like Stephon Marbury are revered. They'll hand him the keys over there just for showing up. and it will be against this inferior talent that he will finally get his minutes and his 14 points a game and 8 rebounds.
  10. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

This is Larry Brown's fault. He crushed the spirit of the young kid fresh from Hemofarm who could run like a deer.

And then that first dunk attempt got blocked by the rim and that wasn't fair and that hurt him too. When he finally made his first dunk, Lee made that post about the ten best things about Darko's dunk and that set up some false expectations.

Then the crowd cheered too loud for him to come in for garbage time and he didn't want to play hard during gt because it's a cultural thing. And then he was diagnosed with bloodflow problems and that made it hard for him too.

Then when he did get in the other players were jealous and wouldn't pass to him. And then guys like PJ Ramos and that Zarko guy had big games against him.

And the last game of the Finals when he broke his hand and wanted to come out of the game but bastard LB made him stay in and play the right way.

Then he goes to Orlando, Memphis and NY and the screwed everything up too.

The kid never had a chance.
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I hope he is still in the Guinness book of world records as the worst 2nd pick of all time~~~ in any sport~~~ real or fantasy:sssh:
  12. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

link please...:)
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

In 1989, the Green Packers selected Tony Mandarich with the #2 pick. The Lions took Barry Sanders at #3.
  14. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Darko is seriously cursed, he's played for four or five coaches, where none of them have wanted him from day one, and insisted on doing their darnedest to bury him, no matter how well he played.

I live in NY, and I follow the Knicks and listen to the media. No one in the media believes Darko is DNP'd because he can't play. The reality is two things.

One, NY needs to desperately dump Jared Jeffries and Eddy Curry, and will do anything to make them look better.

Two, D'antoni hates centers, loves small ball, and for some reason has decided he doesn't like Darko.

Believe me or not, but Darko played well at the beginning of the year, was benched, and a lot of NY articles were asking why. Jared Jeffries is beyond awful, yet he gets pt over even the Knicks #1 pick, who'd you'd think should be getting some burn, even if he wasn't as good as Jeffries.

If any of you guys follow the Knicks, you'd know that at the beginning of the season D'Antoni said Hughes was useless, and he wouldn't bother playing him, now he's starting. And Toney Douglas who was playing well is now getting the DNPs. Of all of Darko's coaches, Coach D may well be the craziest.

The Knicks are a disaster this year, and I'm not sure anyone can blame Darko for wanting to bolt this team.
  15. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

BTW, the article originally quoted, quoted an article that quoted an a NY blog. It'd be nice if things were put in context, but that will never happen with DMC. Original article, written by someone with no pro or con bias, puts his current situation in a little better perspective.

Darko Milicic Ready to Head%Home? - Posting and Toasting

There are two sides to this story, both reasonable. Darko's right that he's never quite gotten a fair shot in the NBA. Team after team has benched him, with the Knicks being no exception, and disappointingly so. I
    Darko's a talented baller, but he seems too meta-conscious, too brooding, and too engrossed in personal slights from coaches, teammates, and referees to be fully effective on the hardwood. He's a singer-songwriter trapped in a 7-foot frame.
  16. BillLaimbeer

This has all the makings of a made-for-TV Lifetime original movie. They could probably get a bunch of those dumb Baldwin brothers to play the numerous clueless coaches that poor Darko has had to "play" for.
  17. linwood

linwood All-Star

I find it amazing how many completely incompetent coaches there are in the NBA. With less than 30 job opportunities available in the country, you would think that teams could find someone who could perform. Truly mind blowing.
  18. BillLaimbeer

I heard all of the great coaches are hidden in Serbia and Argentina.
  19. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but this quote has been taken from so many articles, here's the real orginal:

Darko Milicic Eyes a Return to Europe -- NBA FanHouse

And here's another Knick blog:
    The Knicks Blog » Milicic Back To Europe Next Year

To be honest, I am not really sure what happened to the big man this season. I for one thought he played well enough to have a spot in the rotation, especially considering he is the only big man that we have on the roster who can hold his own in the paint defensively. Think about all of the games where the Knicks were dominated in the paint. Milicic never got the chance to stop the bleeding.
    ...Well actually, I guess the reason why Milicic doesn’t see any time is the simple fact that the Knicks are too good of a team to be able to give a 24 year old 7 footer a chance. That must be the reason. The same probably goes for our lottery pick Jordan Hill.
  20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ok I vote Alec Baldwin plays LB, Steven Baldwin plays Stan Van Gundy, William Baldwin plays D'antoni, Daniel Baldwin plays Flip, Adam Baldwin plays Ivaroni, and James Baldwin plays Lionel Hollins ..:)