[Yahoo! Sports] Seahawks 9, Lions 6 (AP)

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by roscoe36, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Re: Boobirds in Detroit

Jammer repeat after me.......................

My name is Jammer and I am a Lions Fan................Admit it, it`s the 1st step to recovery...............

Honestly, I know where you are coming from, but the problem with this team, these players, is discipline. The penalties are killing this team year in and year out. How can you put a drive together if you can`t move the chain 2 or three times without losing more yards than you gain???

We got Chicago next week though...........:stirthepot:
  2. Media Guy

Media Guy First Round Draft Pick

The Seattle Seahawks got to celebrate at Ford Field -- seven months too late. On the turf where Seattle lost the Super Bowl to the Pittsburgh Steelers, Josh Brown kicked a 42-yard field goal on the last play of the game to lift the Seahawks to a 9-6 victory over the Detroit Lions on Sunday. When the game ended, the Seahawks jumped around, hugged and shouted.

Link To Original Article
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Re: NFL Sunday Countdown ESPN

I feel worse. I have Shaun Alexander. The worst case scenario happened. The Lions stuffed Alexander AND they managed to lose the game.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Last 5 Superbowl runners-up haven't made the playoffs...
  5. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

I really hope that this is not just the same old start to the same old type of season. So often, teams who are supposed to be on the rise lose a tough game to a power and everybody says that they barely lost to a good team, they will be OK.

But they continue to lose to teams who are not that good and pretty soon the season is over.

I keep telling myself that will not happen this year. :burp: !!!
  6. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

Agreed on Roy Williams. He's good for 1 or 2 3TD games per year against the Cardinals and other dreck. Otherwise, the drops and the catches cancel each other out. We should trade him if possible, which is difficult in the NFL.
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

You guys need to back away from Roy for a while. He's our only game breaker for now. At least we didn't get blown off the line of scrimage.
    Starov beat me in the Fantasy matchup...I'm so ashamed I might quit.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I couldn't watch the game. Were the Lions THAT good on defense... or was Seattle just ineffective.

I'm afraid we're not going to score any more than 6 points next week against the Bears either.
  9. roscoe36

Don't quit. Losing one week is nothing. I just got annhilated in my baseball league, and forgot to set my lineup this week so I will get knocked to the bottom of the playoff standings. From 4th to 6th. But I'm still gunna trash talk.

The Lions defense was the best I have ever seen. It was amazing how good they were. Like Tampa under Tony Dungy.

I don't think we will score at all against the Bears. They're a machine right now. Definitely ahead of the Lions in all 3 phases of the game.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

--------
    I don't like being abused.:MusicBigGrin: :gun1: Fantasy
  11. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Mariachi?
  12. roscoe36

Mariachi
  13. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

TJ Duckett might pull of a big night tonight. And you might end up winning.

Is there something especially humiliating about losing to me?
  14. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No, he was the one blowing off the line of scrimmage. Early I might add, on a running play that was on the other side of the field. Negating a 20+ yard run.

Mistakes happen though - especially in the 1st game of the season. I like Roy Williams. I just wish he showed more passion.
  15. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

There's some of the passion and accountability I was looking for from Roy! From MLive. MLive.com: Everything Michigan

[​IMG]
    [FONT=arial,sans-serif]Roy rips WRs, himself, before prediction
    Steve Pate of the Oakland Press provides more information from the media session with Roy Williams than just the quote saying the Lions will beat the Bears, that's making it around everywhere. Williams spent a good deal of time ripping himself mainly, but also the other WRs.
    [/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif]
    September 12, Oakland Press: "Sucked, terrible, bad," Williams said. "Running game, we sucked. I'm talking outside (blocking), I'm talking receivers only. We sucked as a group. But especially me, myself. I've got to play to a better standard. I'm (teed) off about it today."

After watching the ugly truth on film, Williams headed for the indoor practice facility and ran with a few teammates until the sweat poured down his face. Then he relived a game he's ready to forget.

"(Mike) Furrey played well, had some mistakes but overall played well," Williams said. "Corey (Bradford) played a little bit better than me, which is terrible, as well. I sucked. All day. My run blocking was (really) poor. I showed my run-blocking skills in preseason; I don't know what was going on Sunday. I don't know if it's I didn't get my first ball in the third quarter or what. I don't know."
    [/FONT]

I just wish he would have shut his trap before his stupid guarantee!