[Yahoo! Sports] Seahawks 9, Lions 6 (AP)

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by roscoe36, Sep 10, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

NFL Sunday Countdown ESPN

Ah, the smell of napalm in the morning!

The first SUNDAY of 2006 NFL Football!

WOOHOO!
  2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Re: NFL Sunday Countdown ESPN

Ah yes, I am not much of a Football fan, but I am a sports fan. Another NFL season is on the horizon. Another year of despising the Washington Redskins here in the DC area.

The fans around here are insane, I guess fans of other NBA franchises that reside in Detroit probably say the same about Piston fans.

Well, here I am waiting and in my own crazy way, wishing that ticker that comes across the screen will say the Lions have won. Lol, but once again, it says another loss, down by 14, or another turnover in the final seconds, Damn.

Folks around here know I am a Piston fan so they assume I am a Lions fan also. It`s very difficult to convince them I hate the Lions as much as the Redskins.

Well at least I am safe here as a Redskins hater, a couple of hours north down I-95, I would be beaten silly rooting against the hometeam - that would be the Philly fans. Those people are mentally challenged when it comes totheir sports teams. One year they beat a fan dressed as Santa Claus to a pulp because he was cheering for the opponent!!!!!!!

He was taken from the game on a stretcher to a chorus of cheers, no lie.
  3. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

Yep, the air is crisp with autumn just in time.

The Wolverines beat the tar out of CMU yesterday.

Brewing a pot of tea to take the chill off.

Fantasy football line-ups researched and set.

The Lions are on in an hour.

And the ceremonial, 1st pot of Chili of the season, is in the slow-cooker (much to the chagrin of Mrs. Superstarov).
  4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ah the smell of chili and the agony of defeat. Yep, its football time!
  5. roscoe36

Oh man, this is terrible. The Lions actually look competitive, and the offense "decent".

I think I am getting sucked in again... :(
  6. jammertime

The entire half I've been thinking "Don't get sucked in again. There going to blow it in the 2nd half. Don't get sucked in again." :frusty:

Bryant has looked GREAT. Making key plays, solid tackling. Of course he also pulled up lame, and hasn't been back since. Talk about injury prone.

Shaun Rogers has been his usually dominent self.

Kevin Jones is a tough runner. He's like James Stewart with speed. Too bad about that fumble, but he's broken a dozen tackles already.

What I've been impressed by has been the poise and discipline the team has shown so far. Only 1 penalty for 5 yards.

"Don't get sucked in. Don't get sucked in."
  7. Superstarov

Funny, my wife can't figure out why I watch the Lions.

And I can't even really explain it.

She doesn't follow sports much, but she knows enough to know that the Lions are one of the laughing stocks of pro sports.
  8. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

and they blocked two field goals, which is excellent. Now it all depends on the second half...
  9. roscoe36

Roy Williams and KJ are overrated. I said it last year, I'll say it again. Roy makes a tough catch or two a game, but you can't count on him to get 8 or 9 catches a game. Strictly a deep threat.

And KJ, geez man. Don't get me started. He's got a lot of concentration problems.
  10. Superstarov

The worst thing for me is that Hasselbeck is my fantasy QB and their kicker (Brown) is my fantasy kicker.

This kind of sucks actually.
  11. Superstarov

Boobirds in Detroit

Well, it only took until the 3rd quarter of the 1st game of the season for the home fans to start booing the Lions/Kitna.

All I can say is that I'm not sure who the back-up is, but I love him.
  12. roscoe36

Re: Boobirds in Detroit

Of course you do. You're a Lions fan! :rofl:

They are starting to look like the Same Ol' Lions now. Too many penalties, no offensive execution...

If they could put a drive or two together, they would be burying the Hawks.
  13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

They were booing :nerner:the HS cheerleaders before the game just for warm ups:pirates:
  14. roscoe36

Same Ol' Lions GEEZ!
  15. Superstarov

:lol:

:rofl:
  16. Media Guy

Media Guy First Round Draft Pick

[Yahoo! Sports] Seattle 9, Lions 6 (AP)

The defending NFC champions got off on the right foot Sunday when Josh Brown kicked a 42-yard field on the last play of the game to lift the Seattle Seahawks to a 9-6 victory over the Detroit Lions. The Seahawks, who led the NFL in scoring last season, started the game-winning drive at their 20 with 3:13 left after Lions' new coach Rod Marinelli decided against a long field goal attempt.

Link To Original Article
  17. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

For some reason I actually watched the whole game.Prolly to lazy to get up. Liked the defensive pressure but the offense, :cold: as ice. Leave the defense on the field to long they get tired other team goes on a game winning drive. Sound familiar? Mariachi needs to :director: right into thier rearends. He made Williams inactive which was a good start because we don't want him turning into C.Rog attitude,Williams is still moldable hopefully. I hope Mariachi turns this organization around like he helped do in Tampa if not :help2: . Maybe we can get Cullen as our next head coach. Could you imagine him leading the team onto the field?:burp:
  18. jammertime

Re: [Yahoo! Sports] Seattle 9, Lions 6 (AP)

Tough loss. I was expecting a blow out loss, so the Lions surprised me today.

I'm not impressed with Roy Williams though. Sure he's a great talent, but IMO, he isn't a team guy. Definitely not a leader. Neither is Dre' Bly for that matter.

There was a play in the first quarter - it might have been the Alexander fumble - where they showed the Lions sideline. All of the players and coaches, about 10 of them in frame, were jumping up, pumping fists, etc. Excited over the play. But there stood Roy Williams, COMPLETELY emotionless. Not even a smile.

Then on his couple of drops, not so much as a head shake. He just walked back to the huddle with a smile on his face.

I remember last season, when he ran the wrong route in the endzone and it was picked off. Again he showed zero emotion. He didn't even make a play on the ball. Kevin Jones ran up to him and gave him @#$% for it.

You don't have to be screaming and acting crazy after every play, but at least show SOME emotion. Heck, even Barry "Stone Faced" Sanders would get excited when the D made a great play.

If you make a mistake, show some remorse. Shake your head or something. Say "my bad". ANYTHING. Just show that you give a crap.
  19. jammertime

The offence was crap, but so was Seattles. They kept Alexander in check all game and limited the Seahawks to their lowest point total in years. One of the best offensive teams in the league.

If the team that almost won the super bowl last season, a team with the same coach, QB, running back and most of the same O-line can have a bad game, so can a team with a new coach, new QB, new offence and new WRs.

I like the direction the team is heading in. I still think they'll suck this year, but it will be a tollerable suckage because I can see a light at the end of the tunnel in a year or 2.
  20. jammertime

I agree with you on Roy Williams but not KJ.