Yahoo computer glitch

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Darth Tater, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Good news for some...bad news for others...

There are no results posted from yesterday (Sunday, March 6th). The stats from yesterday will be added to your weekly stats on Sunday March 12th (next Sunday).

Click on Research and Analysis and it will show you all the stats to be updated for each player.

I don't know what happened...I only know what is supposedly being done to rectify the error.

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

A press release from yahoo stated that technical difficulties were incurred Monday morning when segments of the scripting codes that pull the information into the Yahoo servers were re-written. Yahoo representatives were unsure who the perpetrator is but they said that it was obviously someone with "dark side force powers unhappy with last weeks results."

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

In further news, it was discovered after lab analysis, that fragments left at the scene of the crime (Savvis Forth Worth Data Center) were in fact not crumbs from Saltine crackers but rather greasy pieces of potato chips.

FBI sources claim that "this has narrowed our search for the perpetrator down to the state of Idaho, the home of greasy people, and greasy potatoes. Mashed, boiled or fried, the Idahoans are notorious for their Intarweb mischief and tasty 'taters."

Stay tuned for further updates.

4. Darth Tater

LMAO Slippy. Damn! I meant to input deleting Sunday's stats not the Monday stats. Did you do some Jedi mind trick on me?

Great come back and last minute heroics by Slippy last week. :hail:Even my bad advice couldn't stop you from pummeling me. I hope to see you one more time.A fter all...the original Star Wars movies had 3 parts & not just 2!

Yahoo now is saying that the Monday stats will appear on team rosters today...so I don't know what is going on. They may just put them on the rosters but not add them to the totals until next week. Anyhow, the problem looks like it will be fixed sooner or later.

5. Darth Tater

I heard those Tater chips were planted there by another source. They say it took a computer genius to throw the entire Yahoo system topsy turvy. Folks in Idaho can barely turn their computers on without a "how to" book. Only one mind could be capable of developing such a diabolical scheme...

Professor Micro Moriarity!!!!

6. Darth Tater

Problem is fixed.

In the words of Roseanne adan Adanna (or whatever)..."never mind"!

7. linwood

linwood All-Star

I figured that The Allstars were beat so bad by the Wombatz that it crashed the system:

Error: DOES NOT COMPUTE.

8. Darth Tater

LMAO. Actually, the shock of you beating him again may have actually done it.

5 games for Duncan this week! Will lightning strike twice?

9. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Lightning does strike twice, believe it or not, there are tens of strikes for every 1 apparent strike that the human eye sees, however this time it will take more than the luck of the irish rubbing a leprechaun in a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow on st.patricks day to win this one for Linny...

10. linwood

linwood All-Star

Since my guys don't have much of a real chance at the playoffs, I think I will just take it easy and rest them up for the NIT tourney. You know, tank it for draft picks. Pull a Brian Hill. Sandbagging... yeah, thats it, sandbagging!