Would you trade Carlos Arroyo?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by puertoricanballer, Nov 6, 2005.

1. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I vote no.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

As much as I'd love to have a player of KG's caliber on this team, I think we'd have to give up too much to get him. However if it didn't cost us much (which I can't see), I'd make the trade in a second.

I wouldn't touch anyone on our starting 5 right now. KG is better than any of them, but I wouldn't trade their playoff experience and chemistry together for anyone at this point.

How about KG straight up for Davis?? :nod:

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

What if they throw in a Happy Meal and a Latrell Sprewell Bobble head doll. :confused:

3. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

I'd love to have Watson as our backup. He makes things happen and he understands his role as a backup. I don't know his game intimately, but I've always been impressed when I've seen him.

As for Arroyo, I don't have much hope for him. He just doesn't get it. He sees the floor pretty well, but his decision making instincts are weak. The biggest problem is that he'll be useless in the playoffs. again.

4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

yes

for Eric Snow

5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

me 2. x 10!!!!!!!

and welcome...would u trade Los 4 James?my bruddah?

6. AnthologyCT

AnthologyCT Second Round Draft Pick

Los 4 for James

with some reluctance, yes.......I would make the trade.

I think about when James was on our team in the championship year. LB put him in the game strategically to give the team a decided advantage. Be it to give pit bull defense, or instant offense, he gave it, and we could clearly see an advantage.

I only see carlos maintaining the offense. I don't see any advantages he gives us. He's a good ball handler, doesn't turn it over, can score.........but he's not instant offense, and his defense is horrible. But, he's getting better.

that being said, I don't think Carlos Arroyo will ever be a good point guard until he gets his own team again. Being a back-up is not his forte. It doesn't alllow him to showcase the advantages he does have. FOr all my puerto rican bruthas in teh forum, carlos is well capable of running his own team. But as a backup....... he's being asked to change his game. tough to do.

7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Nice post. I'd do it, albeit reluctantly, too.

8. AnthologyCT

Arroyo for James

Also, I'll add............Carlos has the potential to be a top 10 point guard if he continues to improve.

he had excellent opportunities in the past working under Sloan and LB, to learn to be a "PURE" pg. Hopefully he's matured since his Utah and LB days.

Look at Chuancey before LB got there. I think that if you asked the GMs around the league, they'd rate Chauncey as the best PG in the game.

that leads me to question posted in teh DetNEws forum when asked about Chauncey being ranked 6th amongst his contemporaries.

That's BS.........Iverson, Nash, and Kidd can have all the ESPN highlights they want........they don't have Finals MVPs, and Bling! and no realistic chance of gettin' any of that anytime soon.

If I were building a team, I'd have the following:
    1. Chauncey
    2. Kobe
    3. Marion???????? Hmmmmm? gotta think about that one for a minute.
    4. Duncan
    5. Big Ben

What say y'all?

9. AnthologyCT

Marion.......hmmmmmmm?

Lemme take that back

If KG is considered a Small forward, then I'd put him there in Marion's place. If he's a PF, then I gotta go with Duncan.

10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

hmmmmmmm

PG- BILLUPS
    SG- GINNOBLI
    C- DUNCAN
    PF-GARNETT
    SF- MARION

11. AnthologyCT

Ginobili & Marion

All depends on what positions we're saying that players "realistically" play. Duncan can of course play center, but he never does.

Marion plays PF, but he's really a small forward.

his a 2 guard trapped in the forward's body. He can actually play 4 positions.

But Ginobili? Come on man. I'm not dis'in my boy, he got skills, but how good would he really be if he weren't on the spurs? Could he carry a team? He gambles big time on defense.......and that helter skelter style of his gets him in trouble a lot. If you gonna reach and get Ginobili, why not pick Dirk while you're at it. But, would you really take Ginobili over Kobe?

Marion is a highflyin' scorin' machine..........ESPN top 10 highlighter everynight. But can't play a lick of defense........ Bowen TOTALLY shut him down from 20ppg to 7.3ppg in the Conference Finals last year.

12. puertoricanballer

puertoricanballer First Round Draft Pick

Very nice

I completely agree with you. Carlos needs playing time to feel comfortable at PG. I have to say, though, that James is capable to put some points on the board, but have to consider he's playing for the Raptors and he is expected to score, because they need it. CA is expected to run the offense and limit the TO. So far, IMHO, he's doing a good job, been 2nd to Billups on Asst/TO ratio in the Whole league.

13. puertoricanballer

puertoricanballer First Round Draft Pick

My team

PG Billupps
    SG Kobe (as much as I don't like him)
    C Shaq (again, as much as I don't like him)
    PF Duncan ( yes, he is a PF)
    SG T-Mac

14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Hello all been MIA for a while but here I is!!!!!!!!
    Hell yeah I'd trade Arroyo, I wouldn't shop him, but if my phone rang......here are the players I'd say yes to
    1)Devin Harris
    2)Jason Terry
    ----Dallas is going to have to make a decision eventually on one of them.
    3)Earl Watson,after much thought.

15. himat

himat Bench Warmer

shaq is dominant, but he is old and injury prone now and i would not pick him up, yao is way too soft for me, and amare is having a knee injury so i would be reluctant to pick him up. so i would have to go with ben as my center. duncan is too soft and from what i've seen he can't make many clutch plays so i would go with KG at pf. i would have chauncey at the point, AI at the 2 gaurd, and T-mac at sf.

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Not clutch?

What about that shot he hit to win the game against the Lakers, when Fischer got off the .3 second shot to win it back? That was clutcher than Ben would have been with 2 seconds on the clock from 15 feet.

17. himat

himat Bench Warmer

that was a sick shot he was going sideways for goodness sakes that was a lot of luck. i have not really seen him make too many big shots though. he also to me is a pretty soft player, but he's good.

18. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

My trade offers an unrealistic deal. I still want Jalen and Mike James from toronto. Arroyo would start. darko would play good minutes and Delfino would play as well. Yes, those 3 for 2. I already said it was unrealistic.

19. detteam

detteam All-Star

I would settle for Mike James...Jalen's outta reach$ and over the top.

MJ alone could make this team competitive against SA.

The big question is what Toronto would want in addition to Arroyo...even tho salaries are comparable?

20. detteam

detteam All-Star

addendum to my last post

The trade I would really like to see is Arroyo, Evans/Delfino, & Darko for Mike James & Mo Peterson.