Would the real Tayshaun Prince please step forward?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Superstarov, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

So Tay has been on a good run lately.

But I looked at his stats this season to see if he has been gradually getting better...

His stats are really up and down all season long.

But let's hope when the playoffs hit we get the Tay we've grown accustomed to in previous years.

Here are his stats for the season.

2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I noted the other day that TP's minutes are basically the same as last year (down one per game). Given that the accepted notion last year was that he was worn down in the playoffs, I find that fairly concerning.

A handful of twenty minute games over these last seven might be a good idea.

3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Tay was worn out deep into the playoffs last year, maybe it was due to his defensive effort and not necassarily minutes played. His defense has dropped off a bit this year.

The Pistons are actually giving Tay the green light to be agressive on offense calling isolation plays for him, and putting him on the block. The only problem is, Tay is not a very good passer when double-teamed, and the other Pistons stand around and watch instead of cutting to the basket.

With Tay being this agressive on offense the lineup of Tay, Sheed, Billups, Dyess, and Rip can be awfully potent- if a little more defense is needed insert Ben for Dyess or Sheed as needed.

I think Tay has found his groove and will be consitent on the offensive end, I would like to see his defense improve however.

A sweep of our 1st round opponent would really be nice!:)

4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

tay has been great lately. he's realizing that everyone else looks for their own shot at times, and no one's going to yell at him for shooting. he's got a good looking shot and doesn't force anything. it's either an open jumper far away, or a drive to the basket with a high percentage of going in. hopefully he continues this throughout the playoffs.