Would That Fake Trade be Good..Im bored

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by kpaav, Jul 18, 2006.

1. kpaav

kpaav Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I like Harrington, but he wouldn't want to come off the bench and teaming him and Sheed together would be very weird. No points in the paint and a lot of missed rebounding. Plus I don't want to lose Delfino or the 2007 picks.
  2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

No it wouldn't be good. That fake report spiced things up a bit though.:biggrin1:
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I almost made up a thread with that exact same title.
  4. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I didn't like that fake trade. In that fake scenario we gave up too much for Baby Al. I like the fake trades where we give up guys we don't want for Kevin Garnett.
  5. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

my sick feeling in my stomach is slowly going away.

that trade would not be good at all. mcdyess and delfino are two of my favorite pistons. it seems like i have the curse of the favorites. the guys i like only get to prove themselves on other teams. i really don't want mcdyess traded cause i think ben leaving will really free him up to give us more.
  6. kpaav

kpaav Bench Warmer Forum Donor

True, but I see Harrington a lot in person and the dude can ball. Hes not strictly a jump shooter which was my opinion when he was the Pacer's Sixth man. But your right, giving up Delfino and a 1st RDER along with MCDyess is too much.

I knew the trade was bogus becasue McDyess would never waive his trade clause to go to Atlanta. Maybe in three years when their good, but not now.
  7. crumbs

crumbs First Round Draft Pick

It was way too much* to give up for someone that wouldn't start. Besides, I don't think Harrington (and whatever his contract would be in the fake scenario) is what the Pistons need.

*Remember that the fake trade also included Davis and a 2nd Round pick
  8. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Hear hear. Or for AI. Or for Steve Nash AND Amare Stoudemire.
  9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

You hated Ben and he left though.:)
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I would do that trade in a heartbeat. Don't ask me twice!
  11. Hobbs

Hobbs First Round Draft Pick

There's no way you get Harrington without giving up that much and it's possible, even probable, that that isn't even enough.

Harrington isn't a star, but he's a guaranteed 15 ppg and a matchup problem for other teams. We'd be very versatile offensively with him on the team.

Losing Dice would hurt a little, but Nazr would be a fine 6th man. Delfino, well, the longer he's here and not playing the less likely he is to work out here. The pick is not that big a deal if it is our pick (not the Orlando one).
  12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Ditto...
    What's Al 27 now... and Dice?
    Delfino is good?... jury out.
    As mentioned before we can not trade out 2007 1st rounder.
  13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Hobbs you're joking right? I think if Dice got some calls and more pt he's way better than Al let alone giving up Dice, Delfino, Dale, and draft picks. Dice will do better because he'll have more consistancey, Delfino if he gets the time will be great, Dale did good in Indy and now that Ben is gone he can also give us something.
  14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Al is 26 this season.
  15. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

That trade would give us more versatility on both offense and defense, plus it would turn the hands of time back 6 years on that position on our roster.

I've been a huge fan of McDyess, as a person and player, before he ever came to the D; nevertheless, I would have to be in favor of that fake trade had it not been a big fat lie.
  16. Hobbs

Hobbs First Round Draft Pick

Dice will never get calls. I think that should be established by now. Refs just don't give him the benefit.

And, yes, I'm serious. As others have mentioned, we're shaving years off in the process and we're also lessening the risk of injury (Dice does have a history and does need to be coddled to avoid a recurrance).

Dale is unlikely to play much. He's still behind 3 guys that are obviously better and we should be looking more to the future for the 4th big anyway.

I like Delfino a lot, but I just don't know if it is going to work out for him here. Flip obviously has issues with him otherwise he would have played a lot more last year. Delfino is dangerously close to the breaking point in dealing with the team. He's been jerked around a ton and any further setback might be fatal to his chances.
  17. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i wouldn't do that trade. harrington is way overrated right now because the free agent crop is so WEAK.
  18. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Al's an excellent inside/out player and he can defend well... I don't know what's left.... he's not a good passer... just like Dice.
    I do think that Al, Dice and Murray would not be a good fit... too many black holes.