WORLD SERIES!!!!

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by detteam, Oct 14, 2006.

1. detteam

detteam All-Star

2. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

They said the Tigs would be waiting about a week which helps with injuries to Casey and Zumaya. The way we are playing hopefully it doesn't effect our momentum. Tigs in 6 and Leyland wins the Governor's office with write-in votes.
  3. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

The Tigers were the losingest team in the majors over the past 13 seasons and they were written off by the entire baseball world. They proved them wrong. The Tigers have won seven straight post-season games. They knocked out two tough teams in the New York Yankees and the A's. And now there back! The old English "D" on there jerseys stands for Detroit and Destiny now!
  4. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

I saw an interview with Sean Casey yesterday, after the game, and he stated positively that he will play in the World Series. For sure!!!

He said that his leg feels better each day and with the almost week to get it better, he will definitely be ready to play.

As for Zumaya, I think his injury is far less dangerous than that of Sean, but I have not seen an interview with him where he promised to be ready. I have to think he will be, though. How many times do you get a chance to play in a world series?
  5. linwood

linwood All-Star

This is a good article about the Tigers game from the local Seattle paper:

...Ivan Rodriguez, whose signing in 2004, followed by Ordonez a year later, started the Tigers' renaissance, flashed immediately on the handful of players still around from the nightmare season of 2003, when the Tigers needed to boost their image just to qualify as a laughingstock.
    "I tell you what, when you're in the World Series, it's awesome," Rodriguez said. "I feel very happy for some of my teammates that were here when they lost 119 games, and they're all part of this celebration. This World Series is for them."

The Seattle Times: Larry Stone: Tigers take fairy tale to Series
  6. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I am so glad the Tigers won. Going to games during the losing years was tough but I am not a fair weather fan. However, I am just one example of the thousands of Detroit fans. We support our team 110% even when we don't like what is going on cough cough see Lions.:cold:

GO TIGERS!!!!!:MusicBigGrin:
  7. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Man I love this pic... you can feel the crowds anticipation when it left the bat.

Another good thing about sweeping is there's less risk of injuries... keep an eye on players from N.Y or St. Louis getting injured giving extra effort.

68 revisited would be sweet... Tim McCarver will have nightmares... How bout Lolich hitting a couple dingers to help his cause.... Willie the Wonder nailing Lou Brock at home to save the game.
  8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

9. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

A's manager Ken Macha was fired, too. I can't say I'm surprised though. Losing 4-0 like that. I realize Detroit is better, but the A's pretty much laid down. Shoulda released Frank Thomas while they were at it.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Nice link DeTT. If Lolich was getting his foot stompped back then maybe he had already started his career of evil. Sad.
    Twinky's dead.
    A's dead.
    Yanks dead. Wonderful!
    One of my good friends is an A's fans. Needless to say I laid into him with both hands.
    From years of abuse.
  11. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

The Mets forced a game 7 with a victory yesterday. We get to find out the Tigers next victim after tonight...
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I don't know the answer to this, but is this long a rest generally considered a good thing for pitchers? Are we going to start the series off with Kenny Rogers?

Is Casey going to play? Zumaya?
  13. detteam

detteam All-Star

From reports, Casey and Zumaya will both play.

I can see Casey doing all he can to be in there...I think he'd hop to first base on one leg :) I'm more worried about Zumaya cuz I've never seen him throw 100 MPH left-handed :wedgie:

BTW...I don't know if anyone else caught Denny McLain on Drew & Mike a few days ago, but he claims that the current speed gun is 4-6 MPH too fast. He implied that Bob Gibson was faster than Zumaya and other players since. No one can say Denny ever shied away from controversy :rolleyes:

Trivia question I don't have the answer for: Anyone know when radar first came to baseball?
  14. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

1968 revisited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!
  15. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

It's Tigers vs. Cardinals! World Series 2006
  16. detteam

detteam All-Star

As an 'ole timer'...I'm luvin this! For you 'youngsters'...what is to come, are memories to be treasured for years...enjoy :)
  17. Darth Tater

I hope not.

I don't want to fall behind 3 games to 1 before coming back to win the last three games and winning the series. I'm not sure if my heart can take it this time around. I'm a lot older now. :pound:
  18. Darth Tater

Actually, the teams also played a world series in 1934 (we lost). I believe Roscoe36 was a bat boy for the Tigers in that one. :lol:
  19. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Pardon The Interruption recently did a little segment on how the radar they use on the Fox broadcasts might be "jacked up" by as much as 3 or 4 mph.
  20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Since the Tigers have closed out the last two playoff series on a Saturday, I am going out on a limb here and saying that thay will close out this series next Saturday 10/28 with a 4 games to 2 win at Comerica Park.

It is their destiny to win and close this series out again in front of the long suffering fans!!!:winner_first_h4h:

Champagne for everybody!! :party: :cheers: Go TIgers