World Series-Phillies Vs. Yankees

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Oct 26, 2009.

?

Which team do you want to win?

Poll closed Nov 16, 2009.
  1. PHILLIES

75.0%
  2. YANKEES

25.0%
  1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I was really hoping they'd get their 27th Championship and now my dream has become a reality.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Once they went up 2-1 and grabbed that first victory in Philly, I knew it was theirs to lose.

To bad Ryan Howard pulled an A-Rod and disappeared in this series. A-Rod finally wins with the help of a good lust charm in Kate Hudson. he could have won the MVP if Matsui hadn't knocked in 6 runs tonight. Matsui is a free agent, maybe the Tigers go after him???

Hi paid CC Sabathia didn't win a game, but that didn't mean a thing...I didn't really like him until I saw him on MTV Cribs last week, now I want the Tigers to get him too once his contract runs out.....:)

Notice how Fox showed 20 different camera angles of the last play??? Surprised they didn't have a camera at George Steinbrenners sick bed to see what he did when the last out occurred.

3. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

People can throw the whole "they bought the team" argument all they want, but the matter of the fact is that there's more then just picking up some free agents.

Before the all star break, the season seemed like a disaster. A-Rod and the steroids news, Wang getting hurt, and Joe Girardi looking clueless at times.

But then after it, things started to click and everything came into place. I was scare when the Yankees had to face the LAA since they basically have been the team knocking the Yanks out of the playoffs this decade. But beating them just shows it was destiny.

I'm glad as hell, this team gel in one season and was able to win the championship, too.

Props to the Philles, but their pitching without Cliff Lee isn't anything to brag about. Nice trade though, he has a 8 mil option. What happen to Ryan Howard? From being so hot to now this. Oh well.

I would have given the MVP to A-Rod, but Matsui did a hell of a job tonight.

And now I will go and be happy with #27.

4. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Just going to be too much for me tomorrow. Half the school are Met fans and other half Yankee fans. I remember 2000 World Series, it was an unbelievable time. We decorated rooms in Met blue or Yankee blue. My neighborhood is Mets country so it is very quite outside. I will try to muster up something to say nice about the Yankees tomorrow.

5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Pfft... F the $ team

6. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

It's amazing how you can completely miss these unpleasant happenings if you exercise selfdiscipline and put yourself on a media blackout for the duration. I can assure you that I have gone through this entire period of time and not seen one picture on a newspaper, television or magazine of an aspiring or celebrating Yankee. This gives me much satisfaction. I was able to do the same thing when North Carolina won the NCAA most recently and when the Pittsburgh Stealers (I was from Seattle when they really did steal it) won their latest SuperBowl.

Watching the Dastardly Spurs win their last Championship was the last time I felt sports related trauma from a disliked rival team's victory.

Now...it's as though these events never happened in my life. No suffering. :)

7. Latinoking90

Why don't you look at the 2009 World Championship roster and tell me one by one where they all really, really came from...

Phil Hughes, Joba Chamberlain, Andy Pettitte, Phil Coke, David Robertson, Ramiro Peña, Brett Gardner, Jorge Posada, Melky Cabrera, Alfredo Aceves, Robinson Cano, Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera all came up from the Yankee farm system.

Don't underestimate the Yankees farm system.

8. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hey, LK, I'm curious - why don't you root for the Knicks instead of the Pistons? Or on the flip side - why don't you root for the Tigers instead of the Yankees?

9. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

and if they had all been drafted by say the marlins, twins, or a dozen other teams they would have been great for them for 4 years.... then as they would come into there own they would have shot off to NY or Boston because there own team wouldn't have the money to offer them the going rate.

Money has so much to do with so many levels to do with things..... Cleveland was a contender only 3-4 years ago with two stud starters... where are those starters now? Hint both started and were studs in the world series.

I will give credit to the yankee's they got george out of the picture so now they keep there own young talent, instead of trading there young talent for other teams old talent. But when Free agents they target come up.... how many teams are they actually bidding against? less then 5 normally. While great for Yankee fans its terrible for the game.

10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Woke up and checked the score first thing. :(

Bummer. No repeat, but worse yet, they lost to the Yankees.

Oh well. Phillies went to the championship as did the Spartans basketball team and the Red Wings. I guess I can't complain too much. :)

11. Latinoking90

I wasn't raised up a Knicks nor Tigers fan. I do mildly support Tigers though.

12. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

All you have to do to stop the Yankees from winning the World Series is elect a Republican to the White House. The last 8 times the Yankees have won it all, there has been a democrat in the Whote House. The Last time they won with a Republican in the White House was with Eisenhower as president...Before Joe Girardi was even born. When they won in 2000, Clinton was president, but they met George W. Bush for the White house ceremony. In a stunning comment, Bush told Steinbrenner, "Not even the Boss gets to interrupt the President." When George S. wanted to make a point while the president was talking to some players. The players roared with approval, but went into a drought on the field during his tenure.

13. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

so thats a for sure platform to run on as a repuplican.. we have to asume there are more yankee haters then lovers in the country...

read my lips no titles for the yankee's while I'm in office.

14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Darth Tater likes this.
  15. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor