Wizards 10/13 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'October 2009' started by Slippy, Oct 13, 2009.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Gordon was no better going 3-11, in 32 minutes but 7 of those shots were from beyond the arc. Looks like he and Daye will be our three point weapons this year and Will Bynum wiil be our new bad boy Microwave.

Prince hurt his foot in the first qtr, hope it is not serious.

Looks like former Flint and USC star Pam McGee's' son Javele McGee was the key to the Wizard victory scoring 8 pts in the 4th and blocking 2 piston baskets down the stretch. AT 7 ft, he out matched Max, Daye and Jerebko when it counted.

Guess Flip hugged Rip and Tay, but wonder if Big Ben just ignored him....

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

What an annoying loss...only because its the wizards. The box score has a lot of good things to take away: We got more O-rebs. We took more shots. We shot more free throws. Under Flip, the line was...we just didn't hit our shots. But the tale of the tape said we got less offensive rebounds or shot less free throws.

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The big difference between those years and more recent years was that those bench players weren't unproven rooks. They were guys that a coach felt like he could trust. Especially Campbell, Hunter, and Corliss. Memo was young, but a 7 footer than could drain 3's? Future all-star.

Now we have similar bench potential with Gordon, Bynum, Wilcox, Maxiell, and Ben Wallace (I'm assuming Charlie V and Kwame end up starting).

These guys have a rep and know what their role is. The coach knows exactly what he's getting from them. No deer in the headlights situations. Easier to plug them in and trust them.

4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Jerebko was all over the place making hustle plays.
    Stuckey & Bynum shot poorly... the difference was that Bynum got to the line and had 4 assist (no t.o.s).
    Kwame played well (near a double double)
    Summers DNP.
    McGee came up big (biggest wingspan in the NBA)... he'd be a good FA pickup... he's played well each game so far (according to Wizz kids).
    Oberto has also been playing well... so far he's ahead of McGee on the depth charts.
    It is a traveshemockery that the league can't show these games... the Dallas game will be on NBATV... FSD will show the last PS game.

5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Agent Zero with 24, I feel better.

6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

AM I THE ONLY ONE who knows its exhibition season? :pound:

Or is it 'exhibition season' for reviewing games as well...especially when they are viewed BY BOX SCORE!!!

also, why am I in the mood to watch The Little Rascals?

7. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Maybe you like Small ball. :pound:

8. crumbs

crumbs First Round Draft Pick

Managed to make it to the game last night, but had to leave after the third quarter (still getting over a flu bug from last weekend). Some quick observations:

- Rip started fast with 10 points in the first quarter but didn't see much of him the rest of the way.
    - Jerebko looks like a rotation guy to me, he was always around the ball making plays. He still makes some rookie-type mistakes and his free throw performance was weak, but he was aggressive and has a well rounded game. If I was Jason Maxiell, I would be worried about minutes.
    - Neither Gordon or Stuckey could buy a bucket last night. Stuckey was getting to the hoop, but nothing was falling.
    - Kwame was our best big last night, Ben and Wilcox didn't do much, although Wilcox did display his athleticism while committing goaltending during the third quarter.
    -Daye didn't play much while I was there, his points must have come in the forth quarter.
    - The game was slightly delayed coming out of the half because the halftime entertainment broke one the nets and the folks at Van Andel Arena apparently did not have a spare. Instead they sent some poor fellow up to repair it, but the Pistons were all waiting for him to finish so they could warm up. During the wait, Tayshaun came over and talked to the fans, and was nice enough to shake hands with my little sister (She was wearing a Prince jersey).

This is the second time I've seen the Pistons in Grand Rapids, and both times they stunk. Both times the team was flat and the crowd never really got into it. Perhaps Van Andel is just not a great place to see a basketball game, but I have to remind myself that it's just preseason basketball and I shouldn't expect too much.

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Thanks for the report Crumbs!

10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-
    You take what we give you Skoo.:MusicBigGrin:

11. lovingj

lovingj First Round Draft Pick

Internet TV stream?

Will Justin.tv or anybody be webstreaming the live NBA tv coverage?

12. lovingj

lovingj First Round Draft Pick

13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Thanks lovingj!

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Re: Internet TV stream?

I don't think it is predictable. Justin.tv seems pretty random to me. It depends if one of their users actually goes through the effort of posting it to a channel. There are definitely infringement issues if they do that.

Just FYI, pretty interesting story behind it-
    Justin.tv - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

15. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Re: Internet TV stream?

Justin.tv does enforce the copyright laws. Some people are just good at using 3-4 channels to actually show the game, etc.

The NBA should just stream the games, and make people watching the stream watch it with an ad or something. Embrace the Internet.