With the 1st pick, Who's your "GUY"?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Stephen Swiss, May 4, 2013.

1. pass99

pass99 Team Captain Forum Donor

Good chance he will be available. Should not be there after 7th pick. Time for Pistons to go big. and this is a very good year for such an option.
  2. max

max All-Star

Could also fill the teaming water with trade options for a halfway decent shooting guard which is what we need. From what I can see in the draft there really only one real good guard that is supposed to go top 3 ( too lazy to lookup name now ). So unless we get really lucky
  3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Oladipo then CJ.
  4. pass99

pass99 Team Captain Forum Donor

Oladipo will be gone by seven. Like I keep repeating, the direction of the draft pick will be determined by our poor guard situation. If the Piston decision makers want to mark Knight as a 6th man, then one should get an idea of direction for the rest of the summer. Hence, they should pick Len. After all, did not Gores send the message that climbing out of Alice's abyss is to spend?
  5. blueadams

blueadams Team Captain

Did Tony Mitchell just create an account and make this his first post?
    The Panda likes this.
  6. blueadams

blueadams Team Captain

I love this board sometimes lol. What a community.
    Mogilny and coynejeremy like this.
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This guy will fall into the 20 to 25 range. If he fell to #38, it would be nice for Detroit. Many reviews have Mitchell as a SF/PF tweener. Joe D likes tweeners.
  8. blueadams

blueadams Team Captain

I'd be surprised if we get someone other than Shabazz or McCollum.
  9. BillLaimbeer

With Anthony Bennett just having surgery, perhaps his stock will fall. He would be another steal if he dropped to the Pistons.
  10. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

Rotator cuff surgery, depending on the extent of the cartilage damage, makes him a big risk.

To be honest, and I may be repeating myself here, I really don't particularly like have a lottery pick in this draft. Outside of Oladipo, Porter, McLemore, Noel (as trade bait) and maybe, at a stretch, Burke. It feels like every pick beyond #2 is just a horrible gamble on the next NBA journeyman. It just isn't a good look.

None of the top 8 on the big board will net much back in trade deals. And no one is going to make a big impact on our game, definitely not straight away, outside of Oladipo and some solid defense. Shabazz might be a decent scorer, but he just screams personality problems. Everything just looks like such a damn toss up.
  11. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Don't worry. In a few years, we'll all act like we knew exactly what was going to happen with these players' careers all along.
  12. BillLaimbeer

Except Wiggles. He already knows.
    basketbills and Walter like this.
  13. J-Train

J-Train Bench Warmer Forum Donor

If it's the #1 pick, then you would have to take Noel. He's the only guy in this draft who would be considered a top three pick in a normal draft. Of course, with today's CBA, you would have to trade him. There's no reason to develop a player that you can't afford to pay, and you can't pay three bigs. If you get Noel, then you trade him immediately, when his value is highest.

McLemore is a nice player, but I'm not sure that he's a 20 point scorer. He reminds me a bit of OJ Mayo. All of the tools are there, but he rarely asserts himself. If he's there at #2, then take him, and look for a trade partner.

McColumm is the player who I think helps us most. He can shoot the three. He can stick it off of the bounce. He can come off screens. He can take you off of the dribble. He's efficient. He's unselfish. He can rebound. I think that he's my guy this draft. I can see the Steph Curry comps.

If not CJ, then I'm liking Burke. He's just an all around good PG. I'm not worried about a small back court. Brandon Knight is a better defender against SGs than 90% of the guys who are taller than him.

Oladipo seems like a super-duper role player. If we take him, then fine. I'm just not that excited. He's raw, man. Maybe he works himself into an all star?

Shabazz has the tools, but I would have to actually sit down and have a conversation with him before I gave that pick a thumbs up.

As for Zeller, I'll have to go with the words of the immortal Eazy-E and say, "HELL NO!"

Alex Len? Again, why develop a center that you won't keep? He won't really help us for a year or two, and then what's his value? I think that he has mad upside. I just don't know if he's right for us.

MCW has game, but can't shoot.

KCP could be a player. I've only seen him a few times, but he looked like a lottery guy when I saw him.

McCollum and Burke are my guys right now. That could change after the combine and workouts.
  14. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

BadBoys described him as "A chunkier Charlie Villanueva."
  15. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Pre-sauna Charlie.
  16. BillLaimbeer

Pre-planking Charlie.
  17. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I can see why Bill likes Bennett. The positives about this guy:

Check the article to read about the red flags...

NBA Draft 2013: Anthony Bennett's DBB scouting report - Detroit Bad Boys
  18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Shabazz has the coolest name. We should pick him.
  19. BillLaimbeer

The fact that Bennett's most similar NBA comparison is Jason Maxiel is alone enough to scratch him off your draft board.

Anthony Bennett | NBADraft.net
  20. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Joe will pass the chance to draft Bennett and he'll end up becoming the next Charles Barkley.