With all the downers this year.... here's something positive to look forward too....

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by round, Mar 3, 2011.

1. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

On-court moment shows Pistons' Monroe developing as player, leader | MLive.com

I'd love to see this thread talk about the positives that we might find with the team, I know the team will only give fluff about players. But how can we not be happy with Monroe? looking foward to watching him be a building block as the team works back towards better days.
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Re: With all the downers this year.... here's something positive to look forward too.

Why wouldn't we trade him for fluff like A.Afallo ?
    Don't get attached to him because there isn't much in our recent history to suggest he'll stay.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Re: With all the downers this year.... here's something positive to look forward too.

Let's stay on the positives. There are hundreds of other threads you can be a spoiler in.

@round, I am really impressed by Monroe. I am happy we drafted him.
  4. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

This thread and the bacon thread are the only two positive threads going. Monroe has been the silver lining in the Pistons season. Next year maybe we can really start putting a young team of the future on the court.
  5. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Watching Monroe grow is probably the only good thing about this season. I think that between Monroe, JJ and Daye, we're set for the 3 & 4 positions.
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I love Monroe. My favorite Piston without a doubt. Honestly, I've mostly been following him for fantasy basketball purposes since I grabbed him for my team. But you learn a lot sniffing around for information that way. I love his statistics and he seems like a pretty nice kid who is still developing and improving his game by leaps and ...ahem..."bounds". I'm glad Detroit drafted him.

2. Sometimes things happen and it really tells you that you've got to change things. I think there will be changes and I think things will get better. Ownership is changing. I think Dumards will be shown the door and when he does Gores will make his biggest decision he may ever make as Piston owner after purchasing the team. (who to hire in Dumards place...firing Dumards won't be an easy one, but I think he will see it is necessary).

That's all I can think of. Besides, I've got some bacon on the pan and it is at the crucial frying point.
  7. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

He is a filet -o- good player.

I can really wrap my brain around the idea of building a team around him.

He really can sizzle when he's hot.

He's smokin good.

For a big, he's really lean...

He'll be paired with a scrambled up team next season.

And...I predicted his drafting by the Pistons....
  8. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I like Greg Monroe alot too. As you know, I am a big time Sheed lover and have probably 200 or so pictures of him on my screen saver at work. I have some really good ones too, he had so much expression. Just this week, I finally broke down and started adding some shots of Greg in action and he is looking good! He is blending in quite nicely with my man SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.
  9. max

max All-Star

Sheed looks like a model citizen with all we have had to endure this year.

Positive. Yes on Monroe, team being sold soon, we still have JJ, Daye, Stuckey is getting better at SG, Will better at PG, team being sold soon ( did I say that already? ), we currently have the 7th spot in the draft. Only 2 more years left on Rip's contract after this year, maybe the new CBA will have a one time clause to buy out a player without it going against the cap.
  10. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I have nothing to really base this on but I'm still looking forward to the possibility to see Terrico White worked in to the lineup this season.
    I remember watching that footage from rookie photo day of him dunking and I can't remember having a Piston dude that was that athletic for quite some time.

Right now, we have no idea what this guy is capable of.

YouTube - Rookie Dunk Off
  11. Brap

Brap Starter

Agreed. He has the potential to be a big surprise for us. I've always held a baseless hope that he'd team with Stuckey in an interchangeable, very big and very fast - and especially in White's case, a super-athletic starting backcourt. White is a much better shooter coming into the league than Stuckey, and he's been vociferous about how he considers himself a PG. Stuckey prefers shooting guard, and is willing to play where he's asked to play. The two would be a formidable defensive pairing.

If White can play, then a 3 man rotation of him, Stuckey and Bengo makes a lot more sense, than one with Bynum, Stuckey and Bengo.
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Just because it's Roscoe posting doesn't mean he has the gavel in his hand. Sometimes it's just one Pistons fan talking to another. No need to get your undies in a bunch about it.
  14. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

If White is all that, Bynum becomes expendeble and we'd be better off as a result.
  15. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Team Thompson likes Greg Monroe, that's a BIG positive.

I was upset when he wasn't getting time earlier in the season, but now I'm happy to see him with his warmups off.

He could be a surprise guy next year IMO. "Most improved" candidate if the correct pieces are put with him.
  16. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I've got a message box full of the gavel pictures Roscoe has sent me. :cold:

He's wearing a judge's robe and looking quite spiffy, I might add. :)
  17. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Judge Rascoe. Sounds like nightmare material to me...

[​IMG]
  18. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Rascoe is good at sniffing out trouble......

He has the vision....

[​IMG]
  19. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Really happy with Monroe and hope we can hold onto him, as well as Daye and JJ. Have also been holding out hope that White can add to the team and also hope he gets a chance this season.

Been going on about Daye since the start of the season to my housemate and he has really started to like him now after a shakey start - despite him saying that he only watches the Pistons with me cause he like to razz me up and watch them lose. Got such a nice shot and good to see him hit 22 last game.

A young, improving team based around Monroe, Daye, JJ, Stuck, BG and possibly White doesn't look too bad. With a changing ownership and possible management and if they show some chemistry and decent play next season they can make the frachise their own going forward. This would help put to bed the very poor professionalism shown this season and hopefully make it more attractive for us to add more pieces.

A lot of is, buts and possibilities and no mention of Hamilton/Prince there but I have always been a glass half full bloke - especially with my sporting teams.
  20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

If I was bossing you around, there would be no try. ;)

You're entitled to that opinion. But this ain't the thread for it. This is a positive GM thread.

You ain't the only one.

It's a character building experience.