Will we see new Flip?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mikhail1973, Oct 31, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

For me the problem has been lack of developed talent to come off of the bench prior to this year so that is why Flip did not play them.

Maybe these guys who a number of us thought should have gotten more minutes the last two years weren't developed enough or good enough to get the extra minutes that we thought that they should get.

Also, developing young players when you have 4 guys who have been all stars in your starting lineup plus Tay is not exactly the easiest thing to do so developing a player like JMax took about 1.5 years.

Finally, Hot Rod and AA are better as rookies than any other rookies we have had in a very long time.

So this year is sort of a convergence of having the best rookies that we have had in a number of years, plus the development of 3rd year plays; i.e. JMax and AJ, along with the addition of Hayes who can score as quickly as anyone on our team when his shooting game is on. Add Murray to that who got some decent minutes last year and there you have it.

:hoops:
  2. buddahfan

Nice adjustment by Flip on the fly, or maybe Uncle Sheed called the plays. LOL

PISTONS CORNER:: Hayes enjoying his role as go-to scorer; 'Sheed on why he kept his cool Sunday

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Gotta admit that was some pretty sweet play calling at the end.

Way to build up the confidence of a player too.
  4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Is this a sign of things to come?
  5. buddahfan

It also makes him feel a more important part of the team, which as you say helps to build not only his confidence, but almost just as important the confidence that the other 4 guys on the floor and Flip will have in him.

Hayes can fill it up and as we are learning can do other things very well to and definitely fits the Pistons mold a lot better than Delfino.

Champion also picked up on that mismatch even before Hayes took his first shot with the mismatch.

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I would like to think that the Wizards would have gone to Hayes if he had a 5'11" guarding him in crunch time, but it sounds like that is not the case.

The Pistons are already very good in the clutch because we have so many options and are willing to use them. Add one more option to the list.
  7. mikhail1973

I used to be one of the Flip's supporters. However, now more than ever I'm joining the camp of everyone who thinks that he should not be allowed to waste the talent on this team. I don't know how much more benefit of the doubt I could allow him. He needs to show something now, or Joe needs to make some changes. Current coaching is just not going to cut it. And it looks like Flip is not going to change.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You could wear your "Fire Flip" Pistons t shirt to tomorrow nights game and make sure you walk by the bench so he sees it.:MusicBigGrin:
  9. mikhail1973

It may be a difficult feat to accomplish as we have the upper bowl seats.
  10. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I've always supported Flip also. I am waiting til February to pass judgement. By then, I'll have a feeling if he really integrated the bench into the game. My guess is that Joe will give him til February also.........
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nice thread title....

So far Both Flip Jr and Flip Sr are reprising their roles of yesteryear so nothing new yet....
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

There are certain things that should take months to accomplish. Integrating a new software system, adding 10 lbs of muscle, containing gorilla resistance with a troop surge, etc.

Playing Amir, Maxiell, and the rest could conceivably be done tonight. Why does something so simple require projections and 2-month timeframes?

He's either wants to do it or he doesn't.
  13. buddahfan

I believe early on maybe even as early as the pre-season Saunders was quoted as saying that he doesn't play both of them at the same time.

I don't agree with this, but of course that won't change Saunders mind.