Will The Lack of A Legitimate Big Man Put Us At A Disadvantage During The Playoffs?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Feb 10, 2008.

1. max

max All-Star

Re: Will The Lack of A Legitimate Big Man Put Us At A Disadvantage During The Playoff

Does Stern control the Refs or do the Refs control him? You can't always assume the obvious.

I don't think there is a grand scheme to deceive the public however I have seen enough games when the Pistons do not get enough respect from the refs. A big thing going against us now with the refs is that we have Sheed.

2. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Re: Will The Lack of A Legitimate Big Man Put Us At A Disadvantage During The Playoff

Before Sheed their was the Bad Boys.

There are still a numbers of officials around that worked the NBA back in the Bad Boys era.

We continue to play tough defense and they continue to call games against us like they have for the last 20 year plus.

We just have a reputation and our biggest stars over the last 20 + years have never been media favorites.

Even Big Ben was at best neutral with the media as far as I could tell.

Joe D. was kind of like Rip and C-Bill. Efficient machines from Motown that basically just get passed over by the media.

Even D. Howard gave us no respect today on NBA access coming from N.O.

The NBA guy asked about the EC race and Detroit and Boston. Howard said. "We just got to keep working hard so that we can get to the Celtics level"

It was like in his mind that Orlando was already better than us.

:hoops:

3. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

ah, take it easier, buddahfan. From player's perspective those questions a la "what do you think of..." are surely annoying.And they are not paid to worry of other teams, instead of Howard I would have given the same answer.
    :rant2:

4. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I was just beeching about Dunkin.

:hoops:

5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Thats odd. I did mention Hunter, but that pargraph did not come thru. I said that if the other point guard, or backup point guard, had a susceptability to full court pressure, put Hunter on the roster for that series. (Or something to that effect.)