Why do people think KCP is a bum?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Mark V, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Mark V

Mark V Bench Warmer

Alright, I've got some venting to do lol. Why the hell do fans think KCP is a bum?!?! My goodness, I was on another forum and everyone was in agreement that we should've drafted Burke, someone even suggested trading him for yet another Michigan player -_-. Anyways, what's so great about him, his 5 assists per game? Hell, Jennings averages more than that!

Also,KCP is a near elite defender and he's only a rookie! He's currently top 3 in turnovers and steals. I don't know what more you can ask for him. All I know is I'd take KCP over Burke 10 out of 10 times.
    brofmfa likes this.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I am not too big on KCP because he doesn't look like a scorer, which is what we needed much more than a defender at the 2 IMO.

I am not sure he is a bum, but a starting SG who averages single digit scoring isn't much help to our team.
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Taking him out of the starting lineup took the spotlight off of him a bit. I think he's in a good place mentally. He just needs to hit his shot at closer to 40 percent and he's the player we were hoping for. Afflalo improved his percentage over time.
    brofmfa likes this.
  4. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I like KCP. I think he will come back strong next year and improve.
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I like KCP, dare I say, a lot.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This is a team that is in the bottom of the league in several categories, shooting, 3pt shooting and free throw shooting and the most disheartening...W-L record. With that being said, we are in dire need shooters and I believe KCP was drafted to be a shooting guard....the problem is he shoots and mostly misses. He doesn't drive enough to get to the line say like Rip did or even Stuckey does, so we are getting minimal offense from him.

If he can't shoot by his second year, then he becomes another Michael Curry....someone who starts just to defend the other teams starting guard and then gets pulled when we need offense.
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Actually, KCP shoots at a higher percentage than Stuckey at both 2-pt FG (.458 vs .452) and 3-pt FG (.311 vs. .276).

KCP's shooting percentages are not great, but they aren't much different than say a Chauncey Billups at this age. The difference is that KCP is only averaging about 5 shots per game.
  8. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'm down with KCP (yeah, you know me).
    blueadams, The Panda, del and 2 others like this.
  9. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

I read this as I was scrolling to the top, came back down to upvote. Nice. +1
    roscoe36 likes this.
  10. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

He's a rookie. He's far and away the best defensive guard the team has, he's an outstanding rebounder for his position, and he has nice shooting form; if he can just develop some consistency shooting then he'll be a hugely valuable asset. I think his upside is much higher than Burke's, frankly.

And the team is better with him on the floor - he has the highest +/- of any rotational player, and I think that's mostly because he's actually capable of preventing other players from scoring.

He's not amazing, but again, he's a rookie. As always, wait at least three years to judge.
    The Panda and roscoe36 like this.
  11. max

max All-Star

He came out as a Sophmore so thats probably most of the problem. Instead of being a Junior he is on a dysfunctional team with sporadic playing time. His draft prospect
    was that he is a very good shooter so he does have the potential. I would give him another chance next year instead of moving him for some stupid 2nd round pick or something.
    BillLaimbeer likes this.