Whoa! Charles Rogers...

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Oct 3, 2005.

1. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

All very good points. I also thought it was very odd that they would add a WR to the mix, I guess now we know why. I hadn't made the connection until you mentioned it. They must have been expecting this and wanted Vines to get some extra work in.

I have no doubt that drafting Mike Williams was insurance against Rogers, but I had assumed it was injury insurance. Now with the news about all these failed drug tests, I can imagine that factored into their decision as well.
  2. jammertime

WOW, what service! I wish the Lions were as accomodating! :laugh:
  3. detteam

detteam All-Star

See also, FIRE the Fords!!!

More than a million bills per game...probably close to a million a catch so far. Rogers is on his way to being the Bill Gates of football. (Mid-80's, I bet Bill was tooting a fatty while playing with a Mac..."Windoeewwss....." eyes rolling back in his head).

Again...see FIRE the Fords!!! They're the idiots that just 5-YEAR extended their butt-boy Millen.
  4. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

rogers

does anyone know if you can suspend a player for longer? or lets say cut him for using and not take the salary hit? the lions should fine his butt for most of this years salary he sure was not showing up before and i dont see any reason he will now.
  5. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

He does not have to worry about the Lions fining him or suspending him.
    If he tests positive again or even misses a random test he will be suspended for a year without pay.

What are the chances that this will not happen? Come these are the freaking Lions!!! :frusty:

I expect him to be suspended for a year two weeks after he returns for testing positive again.
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

7. jammertime

Rogers

I can guarentee that the Players Union would file a grievence if we cut him. Not to mention the fact that it would be a huge cap hit.
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Apparently CRog apologized to the entire team today and even went into details of his drug usage.

Doesn't mean squat to me unless he comes back and makes good on the money he makes and potential he has.

Interestingly enough, WDFN had short interview from the locker room and Jeff Backus sounded quite disappointed. In fact, most of the guys were pulling for him, but they all sounded disappointed.

Mike Williams was on WDFN as well and gave a tremendous (IMO) interview. He sounded very mature, intelligent and professional about being a football player.

Apparently the QB and wideouts are putting in extra time to get their timing on track and had a special meeting today. Sounds to me like both the QB and his receivers aired some greivances and came to the conclusion that only hard work and refocusing can get them back on track.
  9. jammertime

... and a miracle the size of Shaq's bra.
  10. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

He should have been sorry when he turned in that diluted sample at the draft combine or when he was notified he tested positive the 1st time.

He is only sorry because he got caught and is now going to lose a $100K a game in salary plus a couple of grand in incentive money that he could have bought more drugs with that's all.:doh:
  11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Sounds about right! :nod:
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I thought he was a good pick

When we drafted CRog, I liked the fact that he was a Michicander so maybe we could keep the talent. It's hard to get and keep talent in Detroit because the city is so run down. And no beaches etc. I gave him the benefit of the doubt on the drug test. But I'm not close to the people around him, who should have known. A. Johnson [Houston] is bigger and stronger and would have been the smarter receiver pick.
    ...Someone noted CRog and RWill are home run hitters in a football scheme so why use them in a dink and dunk offense? Cause Millen and Mooch aint on the same page.:confused: