Whoa! Charles Rogers...

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Suspended 4 games for violating NFL substance abuse policy. See what theLions will do to a person? LOL, don't even blame MSU!!!!!

Reported on WDFN...my streaming finally works

2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Just what they needed...

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Charles Rogers - Dope Fiend

WDFN is reporting that Charles Rogers will be suspended for 4 games following a failed drug test, apparently for a street drug (the inference being, not steroids).

So not only was this guy stupid enough to complain about playing time and balls thrown to Drew Sharp (let's face it, he went to MSU, he should know the local writers) but now he is a loser in the worst sense of the word.

This Lions team is self destructing, and as far as I am concerned, the worst thing they could have done was extended Millen's deal prior to the season. The only way I will be ok with that re-signing, is if he cleans house in the most brutal fashion imaginable and makes use of his extension to start over CORRECTLY.

Man, I am so mad.

Btw, Roy Williams took the blame for the loss, saying he should have caught that early TD pass, but then he went on to cut up Joey with some comments on passing. I don't like Roy, and I am starting to hate Joey but bottom line, this team lacks leadership and the coach obviously has zero control over his players.

MOOCH MUST GO!

4. roscoe36

More info

ESPN.com news services
    Oct. 3 Detroit Lions receiver Charles Rogers has been notified that he is being suspended for four games because he is in violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy, sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

The suspension could be announced this week unless Rogers appeals, the sources said.

Under the policy, Rogers' suspension means he has had at least three positive tests of an illegal street drug. A fourth positive test will result in a minimum one-year suspension. Rogers was unavailable for comment, as was his agent.

Rogers was the Lions' first-round choice in 2003, the No. 2 overall player chosen in the NFL draft. That year, ESPN reported that Rogers was flagged by the NFL's medical advisor when he provided a diluted urine sample at the NFL Scouting Combine before the draft. The result placed Rogers in the substance abuse program, which made him subject to random testing.

5. Darth Tater

Well that sure explains why the Lions weren't using him (he was using), and here he was the other day doing the "poor me". What a jerk and a loser, And it kills me to say that about an MSU guy.

I hope he bounces back, but I guess I just have a low tolerance for that sort of thing.

6. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Ok I think he's a stoopid acehole.Bottom line is he plain let himself and the team down.But when you pay some of these guys so much money before they even step onto the field sometimes you get burned.

Did he do it because he was down emotionally with the injuries or just he felt like it?Who knows but there ain't no excuse as far as I'm concerned.You get paid to produce and abide by the NFL/team rules.

By the way the rest of the team should all get tested today the way they have played.Oh Mr.Ford come back here your first in line.

I hope he comes out of this as a person not just cuz he is a player.Just kills me not because he is an athlete,he coulda been a guy on the corner who never had nothing or a chance.But he has a chance to make a difference in other peoples lives with his position.Detroit athletes have done alot for the community hopefully he rebounds and does the same.

7. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Darth,

I was actally feeling sorry for Rogers. Now I have little simpathy. He has tested postive 3 times now. What makes me angry is that this is likey the reason Mike Williams was drafted. Millen should have ditched Rogers during the draft or in the preseason when his value was decent. Now we won't get nothing for this loser except a cap hit.

8. Darth Tater

Big Daddy: I agree with you on all of that stuff & lmao at Ford getting in line.

Winless: I dropped Witten and added M.Williams back to my fantasy team (Last week I dropped Williams for Witten, lol).

9. Winless Wonders

These young guy's now days don't think. They live in the moment. They don't appreciate the opportunies they have been given. It is a total embrassment on the Lions organization to have a #2 overall pick end up turning out like this. It would be different if he was a 4th or 5th rounder. We have a lot of money sunk into him.

Hopefully he can overcome this as a person and learn from it. However I don't think he will be in Detroit too much longer. Perhaps getting away from the bad influences here would be best.

10. Darth Tater

That's true Winless. He probably has a lot of friends in the area from his MSU days (did he go to H.S. in Michigan, I forgot). So getting away may be best.

Yep. I can imagine there are lots of pressures on a kid being a college star and a pro athlete and having millions at a young age. Still...no excuse for his behavior, None.

11. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

Rogers

Well at least his collar bone will make it past the halfway point of the year.:laugh:

12. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

This story makes me want to vomit.

We waited two years for this Bullcrap?

13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I hope its just diluted samples.

They put him in the program because his test was diluted-with water. To my knowledge they haven't found drugs in him.:confused:

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Medical

I'm sure it was medical weed for the chronic pain in his collar bone. He has taken a lot of hits this year without re-injury, so it must be working.

15. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Rogers is a baby

The guy is a loser. I don't feel sorry for him at all, especially after his recent comments - just before this latest news came out.

"Maybe I ain't the guy for them. Maybe they're going a different route with it. All I can do is sit back and do what they're asking of me."

Yeah, I guess you could sit back and sulk, or maybe you could show a little freakin fire and FORCE them to look in your direction again.

"My (practice) reps are getting shorter. I don't know what they're trying to say. Nobody has told me my role. Nobody has explained to me what they expect from me this season. So I'm just feeling my way through this myself."

Your role???? You were the #2 overall pick in the draft. You were the #1 receiver on the team before you ever played your first game. What do you think your role is???

1. RUN THE ROUTES 100% RIGHT, WITH 100% EFFORT, 100% OF THE TIME! Don't take plays off and don't cut routes short because you don't think they're going to you.

2. GET OPEN! Some seperation would be nice, considering all your "track star" hype and your height.

3. CATCH THE FREAKIN BALL! I realize that this was always a knock on you, but this would be a good time to change.

4. STAY HEALTHY! I realize that injuries are a part of the sport, but this is rediculous.

5. DON'T GET HIGH! I guess we now know why you "bulked up" coming into this season. It wasn't to prevent injury, it was from getting "the munchies".

"It's been like that all season, man," he said. "I don't know. Like I said, maybe they're going in a different route. I don't know where they're going with it, but maybe it just don't involve me, man."

Yeah man, its a total downer. Like, I'm totally high right now man, and this is really killing my buzz.

16. Darth Tater

Jammertime

Good post. Your list makes a lot of sense and sounds very reasonable (although I don't know how much he could have prevented the injuries). I don't see how that... :censored: (I'm censoring myself here) could act like he didn't understand what was expected of him. Just lame excuses from a user I guess.

17. roscoe36

Just another symptom of the root problem. Total disarray in the front office and coaching ranks. You cannot tell me that the front office did not know that CRog was going for suspension when they lost Bryant to IR and signed a WR (Scotty Vines) from the practice squad.

More BS. Again, how does Mooch and Millen not know that he has failed TWO tests prior to the latest one? He's played less than a dozen games, and this guy has already failed 3 tests.

But, the good news is that his contract is so heavily front loaded that the cap hit to lose him makes it look like we are married to his sorry behind for 3 more years (6 year rookie deal). :doh:

This is 100% on the guys who drafted and handle him. Millen and Mooch. Rogers may be a loser, but I haven't seen any indication that these clowns have a clue when it comes to running a franchise.

:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

18. Winless Wonders

Mooch, Millen and WCF are all freaking dummies. I have given up on the Lions they will never have a winning season with these bozos.

They continue to make poor decisions and ignore the simple facts that this WCO offense does not fit the players they have drafted.

Rogers just wanted to collect a check. Nothing more. He has done that so he can care less about football it was his meal ticket.:nod:

19. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Darth Tater

True. I don't actually blame Rogers for the injuries, that was more just out of frustration.

P.S. Bring back your Vader Avatar!

20. Darth Tater

lol, ok. I'll just use the MSU one right before and after a game.