who will have the better year

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by doublead, Sep 24, 2006.

1. doublead

doublead First Round Draft Pick

flip murray or nazr
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

both of them
  3. pass99

pass99 Team Captain Forum Donor

Naz will have a solid season and if he gets at least 32-35 minutes should be close to a double-double every night. I am predicting a 12-12. I think he will rise to the challenge of being the main man near the basket and he will get more offensive rebounds which will be a nice change for the pistons.

Flip comes from a different direction. He will not start initially, which I hope will change as the season wears on. He might get 20-25 minutes max.and this is substituting between Rip and Tay…which should easily get him at least 10-12 points and more rebounds than Sheed. This is of course assuming no injuries, which is unlikely.

I hope, after the first of the year, the coach initiates a higher gear offense style and lets Rip-Flip open up the middle and everyone gets more fouls. The key to avoid last years melt-down is getting more fouls…and this will be my key indicator on how the offense will be clicking come playoff time. By Feb. this should be all evident. If not, then I expect JD will make some moves…if not before then.
  4. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Start in place of whom?
  5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

neither. both will be unimpressive due lack of regular role/minutes.

Doublead, what do you think?
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

They replayed games 6 and 7 of the Finals between the Spurs and Pistons on NBAtv last night. I watch Nazr a lot, and it was difficult to find a play that he was involved in. He set some nice screens and seemed to hustle... but he was usually on the weak side and didn't get many passes. He looked quicker than I remembered and it seemed like he had a good attitude. But it was not enough to give me confidence.

I really hope he sheds his hands of brick reputation this year.
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Bold prediction there pass. That's outscoring and outrebounding Ben.
  8. pass99

The untouchable one…Tay.
  9. pass99

I have never underestimated my players and I pride myself on being a realist. CB will set it all up and I expect that he will be the best PG in the league next year. This is why JD will sign him. You still have to have one big man and a point to build the core around and there is no immediate help at the #15 pick…dream-on all you want.

A whole lot of lamenting about the rookies dropping off radar screen. Do me a favor…go through all the team lineups and start calling out the slots occupied by national players. Hard-nosed, full throttle defense and can shoot. Sorry, I am not impressed with double wheeled dunks…like Larry Bird said, “…in our league its hard to find a guy who can hit a midrange jumper. It’s embarrassing, frankly.”

It will be up to the new guys and perhaps a bench player to revitalize mental conditioning. If they win games by each team playing in the ‘70s’ or even ‘80s’ you can expect some serious moves in February, because it won’t take you beyond.
  10. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

That's Rip. Rip can hit a mid-range jumper. He is the most undervalued starter. Yet when it looked like he might be out in the first round of the playoffs, before we knew whether Arnie would be able to work his magic, there was a general consensus that without Rip our playoffs were over. The man is a warrior with great heart. He went cold at the same time as everyone else on our team.Playing tight or tired legs or flawed mindset, take your pick. But Rip can hit a mid-range jumper night in and night out.

:focus: Nazr will have the better year. He will be ready to show what he can do. Flip probably won't utilize him as well as he could, but I think he'll do okay. I'm not a Flip Murray fan because I don't think we needed another guy who never saw a look he didn't like. Especially the trey attempts with the long rebounds.
  11. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Nazr with Flip running close behind. Flip equals the second coming of the microwave Vinny J.