Who should go?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Tha Locstah, May 30, 2008.

1. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

BIG SHOT?

RIP?

SHEED?

TAY?

DYESS?

ALL OF THE ABOVE?
  2. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I'll vote to keep Blaha and dump everyone else.

George is the only one that didn't let us down this year
  3. Tha Locstah

I woulda said Flip but that's a given.

:gun1: The Pistons as we know them.

RIP may REALLY mean rest in peace.
  4. Tha Locstah

I'm all for that.

New strating 5 for 2009

PG Blaha
    SG Joe D
    SF Agguire
    PF Mahorn
    C Dancin' Bruce
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

ROTFLMAO
  6. Tha Locstah

Does anyone know if Dancin' Bruce still works at The Palace?
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Our starters are to slow, we need energy guys to start
    get rid of
    Sheed
    Dice
    Theo
    Arvis
    fabio
    Flip

and start these energy guys
    Max
    Amir
    Stuckey
    Alf
    Mason

and Hunter as the player coach!!
  8. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I put the whole blame on Matt Dobek.

Fire Matt Dobek!
  9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Flip. Beyond that i don't know.
  10. max

max All-Star

Yep, you all were right. We can't win with him.
  11. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

As much as it pains me to say, I think Sheed needs to go and either Tay needs to come off the bench or go as well.

The most important thing we need is a coach with guts. Someone that isn't afraid to stand up to these oversized egos. Someone that knows how to coach DURING a game, make in-game adjustments, play to our strengths and the other team's weaknesses, call timeouts to stop runs and create runs of our own and someone who knows when to play the starters and when to sit them based on the flow - and results - of the game, not the feelings of the players.
  12. tads

tads First Round Draft Pick

It just makes sense to trade rasheed, his contract runs out at the end of the year and then he's going to want "ben wallace" money. If not now, at least before the off season.

Whoever is on the floor in october needs to be coached by someone who has balls. That is the biggest problem, Flip couldn't motivate a pack of twizzlers to be tasty and delicious, and he acts like our defense is an afterthought, when it was the pride of our championship team.

We had better not desperately claw at one more run, like the suns, and wind up with a geriatric center on the bench with all their large contracts and still not be able to get to the title. We need to focus on developing the youth we have and finding the players to complement them instead of looking for ways to patch up our aging starters.
  13. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I say trade Sheed. He's become way too inconsistent and his expiring contract could attract interest. I would move Dyess back to the bench, as he seems more comfortable coming off there. J-Max has done leaps and bounds better starting, but I'm just not sure he's starting material in the NBA. Also, the search for the real backup SF continues. Tay needs to have his minutes cut down in the playoffs. He's quite often guarding the other team's best scorer. And even if he's not a shutdown defender, he spends too much energy and plays too many minutes for that. Give Afflalo more time and Amir needs to be in the rotation.
  14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Trading Sheed will kill our defense. I'm talking if you think it's bad now, you will cry.

He's a great influence on the young bigs, far too talented to give away, and will benefit greatly playing next to Max/Amir.

I just don't see how you trade him. Get a strong coach that can keep guys in check.

When Dice is not hitting his jumpshots, he's of no use, and even that doesn't help us much b/c he's not drawing fouls.

In this game, i really think Sheed was screwed by the inability to show emotion. In the series as a whole, he did underperform at times, but i'm not going to blame him for Perkins for the most part since (most if not all) of the blame rests on the perimeter players.

Our defense was getting broken down at will, and when Sheed wasn't trying to cover for that, he was trying to cover for Dice. There's a reason we look so much better with Sheed/Max.

When the Celtics decided to guard Dice, he was easily taken out of the series.
  15. NTC

NTC First Round Draft Pick

I agree. Love Sheed, love his intensity, but as you mentioned, far too inconsitant, and his mouth gets him into too much trouble. He needs to let his game do the talking, not the other way around.
  16. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

What good is defense when you can't finish it off with a defensive rebound? For every great defensive play Sheed makes he lets at least 1 loose ball go to the opponent. Our Center can't average 6 rebounds per game, especially when there is only 1 decent rebounder in the entire starting unit.

A coach that emphasizes defense - rebounding (with a system built for it), and plays some of our best defensive players (AA, Amir) will more than make up for Sheed's inconsistent defensive presence.
  17. Tha Locstah

My opinion on Sheed and what he brings to the table..........4 points.
  18. jslove1408

jslove1408 Second Round Draft Pick

I think we start maxi just as a place to start. Then we put our 4 draft picks to use in some type of trade deal as well as make a big move with our salary cap. Another solution would be to get j. oneal. I think he would mesh great with our detroit basketball.
  19. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Sheed is what he is, and that makes the Pistons what they are: Inconsistent. You look at all the games where he went off and we look unbeatable. Then check out all the games we lost, BALL DON'T LIE.
  20. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I agree with your post. But sheed is hampered by these stupid technical foul rules.. why should anyone potentially miss a playoff game because they received 8 technicals. it is a stupid rules that wore down sheed and the pistons two years in a row. the media focuses on it; the national media had a field day with it; players are asked questions about it constantly; sheed's technical foul problems hav e worn down him and the team; sheed was clearly out of the game at the start; no emotion; basketball is an emotional game. sheed is not a center. he needs a ben wallace type of player to play next to him..if sheed stays, he should come off the bench, joe needs to find a scoring power forward, sheed should be the sixth man.