Who Murdered Roscoe36?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Slippy, Aug 18, 2006.

?

Who should be hung for the murder of Roscoe36

Poll closed Aug 20, 2006.
  1. Darth Tater

22.2%
  2. Jammertime

11.1%
  3. The Low

11.1%
  4. Motown Pride

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. auroraKMW

22.2%
  6. Warthog

11.1%
  7. professor

22.2%
  8. linwood

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. TheeTFD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. dlev

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

The Forum must act swiftly to deal with the murderer responsible for Roscoe36's demise. Decide who the group will hang. Hanging will be executed Saturday night/ Sunday Morning
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Alright. I know I'm gonna get blamed for this, because I get blamed for everything, but I didn't do it.

(1) I planned to knock off Linwood first.:laugh:

(2) I wouldn't kill roscoe yet because he is sending me a tee shirt in the mail and I'd keep him alive until I get it.:nod::D

But I've already got a gut on the murderer. The murderer is bright. They know roscoe knows the forum and posters like the back of his hand. He would have pointed the finger quickly and solved the crime. The perfect person to murder quickly was roscoe. Was it perhaps somebody who was jealous and wants to take over the forum? ***gazes suspiciously at The Low***:spy:

Oh yeah, :rip: roscoe.

I didn't see any posts within 24 hours with his name in it. Did anyone see any?

Slippy, I told ya I wasn't getting killed first!!!! :P
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

29 views and no poll votes cast. Maybe it was a suicide? :ohwell:
  4. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Are you kidding me??? Do you have any idea what that guy has to do to keep this place running efficiently....I wouldn't wish that one someone I didn't like....let alone Mr. 36 who I love like a bro.

You know, it IS possible seeing how much you like to stand on top of buildings with tequila and pistols screaming at the planet.

Besides, the dead shouldn't be talking...I'm scared.:scared:
  5. Darth Tater

I'm waiting to see if anyone has seen something I didn't.

Right now I suspect The Low. I think Slippy wanted a staff member as the first killer so things don't get messed up in the first game. I think you would be too obvious as a killer, but Low killed you because he didn't want to take out a regular member first. Plus he figured you would nail him.

But I don't want to waste my vote and hang an innocent if more info points the blame elsewhere and Low is indeed innocent.

I don't think non-participants votes count. Maybe the viewers aren't in the game?

I'd like to hang Linwood just on principal, but I don't think he did it. It's hard to say. You were a likely victim. Everyone knows you and would feel comfortable taking you out, lol.

Don't worry Roscoe. I'll avenge your death IF I don't get hanged first! Whats it like in the after life? Do you have 24 hour Pistons games with VJ hitting unbelievable last second game winners?

Or did you go to the "other place" where Lee357 is doing the color commentary on the games and Darko and Rodney White are starters??? :eek:
  6. linwood

linwood All-Star

I'm trying very hard to figure this thing out. I can't vote on the jury yet, beacuse I am still reading the rules on this one.

Is there a coroner? Can I get an approximate time of death? Was the crime scene contaminated with milk, butter, salt, and or chives?

I agree that the murderer did a very nice job in taking old number 36 our first. I believe he would have solved the case in minutes. So... we have a very observant killer on our hands. Maybe someone with hundreds of EYES :doh: (that was such a bad potato joke. I'm truly ashamed of myself)
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I know nasing, NASING!
  8. linwood

linwood All-Star

Maybe it was Jammer. I mean... he WAS in Canada when the murder happened! Coincidence?
  9. Darth Tater

Methinks thou doth protest too much!

Hey! Did you just vote to hang me because you know I'm hot on the trail of the real killer? Turns eye of suspicion toward TFD.

Did you do this to Roscoe last night?????
    :brick:
  10. Darth Tater

Jammer has been awfully quiet today.
  11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I think ole Rosc would be easy to please.:)
  12. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

Probably most of the viewers, like me, are just now figuring out what the "Murder....com" thread was all about. I didn't look at that thread until I started trying to figure out what this poll was all about. Maybe if Slippys thread was called "Who wants to play a Murder Mystery game" you would have gotten more participants.
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

KP, you should play next time. We'll run it again once we get the bugs out. Everyone is welcome...
  14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Come'mom Slipage, everyone knows Tate, takes your lunch money on a regular basis here. What better way is there to get even then/than? by having everyone vote to have him hung? I'm down. Next up D59.
  15. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Negatory, my dear Watson. :nono: I did not see any posts with roscoe's name 24 hours previous to the post (Thursday, 8/17 11:48 pm) from Slippy announcing the untimely demise of Roscoe36.

:spy: The timeline is the crux of the case. I don't see anywhere in the rules in the thread Murder@PF.com where the murderer needs to have posted the hidden taunting boastful message, with name of victim and basketball keyword less than 24 hours previous to the announcement of said murder.

The incriminating post is probably farther back than that, due to Slippy seemingly having somewhat of a "soft on murderers" policy making more red tape for our lynch mob of detectives.

Thursday, 8/17 early am. This is all we know. How long did Roscoe36 lie dead next to the new server? Not to be indelicate, but how long did he suffer before he left us for the afterlife? Unfortunately we do not have a CSI team in place yet. I think we need to consider our time of murder, death and daring post by the murderer as 12-48 hours previous to early am Thurs, 8/17. :frusty:

A moment for eulogy, please::pray: Roscoe36 died as he lived, devotedly working on his tribute for his oft declared love, the Detroit Pistons. His legacy, PistonsForum.com, will live on, though perhaps may not thrive, without him.:mad: May we all be so fortunate in our moment of death as to be indulging in our passion (?!:confused: get your minds out of the gutter, it's a eulogy for crying out loud!) Too bad he was gruesomely felled by a supposed forum friend who probably had a secret agenda all along. :suspiciou :tsk:

Is there a reward, Slippy? :fingerscr Will I get police protection if I find the murderer before this becomes a serial murderer case? What if this fiend already suspects I know, and makes me his next victim? :fear: Is there a witness protection program here at PF.com in place yet?

P.S. Roscoe, if you can hear me in Pistons heaven, where Pistons, past and present, are always playing "no free chili" Bad Boys basketball and legions of angels are chanting DEETROIT BAAASKETBAAALL, I just want to tell you that the Bill Laimbeer video changed my life and kept me a Pistons Fan in the darkest of offseasons.:hail:
  16. Darth Tater

Funny post Aurora. :laugh:

But now I suspect you because you are "justifying"/explaining away why the murderer (Murderess?) didn't use Roscoes name the other day. However, I do see a post where YOU used his name on the 15th.

Hmmmm...the plot thickens.

I better figure it out quick. I'll be hung Saturday if TFD has his way!

Lemme see if I can find some incriminating evidence on TFD. I would enjoy watching his limp form swing from a tree limb in the wind. :laugh: :thumb:
  17. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Professor Plum in the Library with a Candlestick!

Whoops..wrong game. :eyebrows:
  18. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I got it...I got it...

Darth Tater is Kaiser Soze!!

Whoops...this isn't the movie trivia thread! :eyebrows:
  19. Darth Tater

OK, we need to come up with something here, otherwise an innocent legume is going to get sliced based on one vote. I know we are all mourning the loss of Roscoe but the trail is getting cold. Justice must be done!

What are you guys thinking? Who dunnit?

I was thinking Low or Aurora. Maybe Jammer?

We haven't heard from the Prof, warthog, or Dlev yet.
  20. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

My guess is...somepeople are keeping pretty quiet. I think they are worried they won't be able to comment without giving themselves up....

I gotta check some more posts before I vote.

oh, and I love how I'm getting heat for this....always blame the Black guy... :rolleyes: