Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by BillLaimbeer, Jan 16, 2012.
Who do you think (not who you want) will be headed to the Super Bowl this year?
I think San Fran and New England. I don't see the Ravens being able to put up enough points and I don't see the Giants being able to put up enough points on San Fran's defense or stop their running game.
The NFL really is unpredictable. Maybe the Lions are closer than we thought now that we see the Saints and the Packers going out just like that. The big offenses that were thought to trump defense just flamed out.
Important questions must be answered.........
What is Brady's QB rating against the Ravens recently.........
How has Flacco historically fared against the New England Defense..........
Is Eli Manning better than Matt Stafford........
Has he proven himself yet......
Can the 49ers succeed against a rejuvenated Giants Defense...........
Will Alex Smith play like he did against the Saints........
Is Jim Harbaugh a good coach...........or a one year wonder...........
Does the Giants' resurgence remind anybody of the Piston's on/off switch....
Why are the 49ers, a 13-3 home team........only a 2-one half point favorite..........over a 9-7 team..............
Does Nemo's signature fortell the future.........like it did the past weekend........
Picks say Giants VS Patriots so far.........only a small sampling in........
Right now, 7 of 9 picked Patriots and 5 of 9 picked 49ers.
Which means the Lions really need to emphasize defense if they hope go beyond the first or even the second round the next two seasons. The running game was an issue, but the defense which got them through a few games and helped with a few wins, is a definite priority in the upgrade department.
Patriots at 88%........Giants at 56%
I'm guessing New York and New England. But I'd rather see Baltimore and San Francisco, I guess. It doesn't matter. I'm just jealous.
I''m probably missing on both teams. The NFL is crazy.
I think both the Lions and the Eagles would beat either San Francisco or New York, but it is what it is.
The Eagles took 2nd place as did the Lions. Therefore, the two teams will play against each other next year when the NFC North plays one opponent from the NFC East. This one will be in Philadelphia, so don't get your hopes up to eat Eagle on Thanksgiving day.
Picks are now 86% Patriots and 52% San Francisco............
Is this because you want to see the Harbaugh brothers play each other in the big game?
It's gonna be hard for me to pick this one.........just not sure.
Also............Why NY and NE ?????? They're actually good choices, but you're the only one going that way.
Gmen are now 11-7 they could go 13-7.
I despise them for losing to Seahawks at home this year. Do they seem to be "playing the right way"?
Overtime for that one, anyone ?
Because I think they are the best choices. Didn't we agree to go with our own choices this week?
I don't like New England and New York. I don't care about the Harbaughs either way.
I've also picked NE and NY. I like both teams this weekend. I read a stat though that concerns me.
The most yards per game average that a Super Bowl winner has given up during the season has been roughly 360 yards. Both NE and the Giants have surrendered more than that. Actually........so did the Lions and Packers......and they've been knocked out already.
The picks also go against my Defense wins playoffs mentality. Heck, I picked those 4 teams cause I thought they were gonna win.........before the group finally switched over.
Also....we're the only two from the group that has chosen them as a pair.
I'm basing my opinions on the difference between the Starters.........at QB. Brady and Eli are MUCH better than Smith and Flacco. They're champions already and should prove why this weekend. Anyways.......I'm 6 of 8 these playoffs, including my risky pick of the Lions.
I assume the group will make their own choices. Seems to be the safe alternative. I fully expect the other group to pick like our projected picks in the survey here. That has been their behavior so far. That will pit their brain power against ours.........plus, we now have a 5 win lead..........
49ers vs Ravens, anything could happened. Since Eagles arn't there,I'll pull for Ray Rice and Dixon.
1. @ Rascoe. I accidentally quoted two posts in one of my posts, yesterday. I've never been able to figure out how to do that before. So, I sat there trying to remember how I did it and apparently I did. Easy stuff due to the changes in the forum. Thanks for making posting life easier for us Dummies.
2. What are the odds that somebody from Detroit Board cares enough to read our posts in the football related threads on this forum?
3. What are the odds that you ran over there revealing our strategies for them to beat us. Jealousy and envy are terrible things.
4. @ Bromfa. Yep. The Eagles still are shaking their heads in disbelief and self disgust over what transpired this season. A couple of proper adjustments in the coaching staff and next year is very different for them. The playoffs have been very difficult to watch for Eagles fans and Eagles brass alike.
5. @ nemo. If our lead is five games then our Magic Number is 20, if all 24 remaining guesses are used by each team, right? That Ravens game is their Giants game. It could all flip flop after that. If all 8 of us choose New England and all 8 of them pick the Ravens, and the Ravens win, then based on that alone they would erase our 5 game lead and take a 3 game lead. But if a couple of us pick the Ravens and the Patriots win, then we would fail to pick up a couple of precious games and possibly a chance to clinch the title this weekend. That lead would then be increased or decreased based on the following Giants/49ers game.
Bottom line, if both teams pick the Patriots, then it comes down to the Super Bowl, but we will, in all probability, maintain the lead going into the game, which is a HUGE advantage. If they pick the Ravens and the Ravens win, then the pressure is on us to pick the upset in the Super Bowl. If the Patriots win and they pick the Ravens, it is game over. The Super Bowl won't matter as far as the Picks Game is concerned, and we win the title for the 2nd consecutive year and 3rd title in 4 years.
So Darth........Give me step-by-step instructions on how to do that, cause i also don't know how?
LOL. I wondered how to do that, too....
I'd love to learn this too.
So easy. Just hit the 'reply' button on whatever posts you want to quote.
E.G. i could hit the reply button on mowgli's post then scroll and hit 'reply' on Lame's post and both would be quoted in my single post.
Separate names with a comma.