Who for new Center?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by DeetroitDynasty-e, Jun 5, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Late Saturday night Roscoe:

Better than Sheed? Sure he is.

:hoops:

2. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Maybe we outta take a look at Marcus Camby. A package of Nazr and FlipJr. works per the CBA. Gives Denver an experienced non-injury prone big who can run the floor. Also gives em a legit combo guard to go with AI, JR and Chucky.

We get an experienced, light-in-the-pants but effective defensive minded center with a lot of heart. Camby knows how to shut a highway down and can't be ignored on "O." Injury issues aside, he could tide us over for a couple years until Samb is half-way ready.

The hole left by FlipJr could be back-filled via the MLE, depending on Affalo's development.

3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I'd doubt Denver would want this. Also if Flip Jr. leaves that would create no holes since he really struggled the whole year.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I was being facetious Buddha. :D

5. linwood

linwood All-Star

I see the pattern that you are trying to establish, but I don't think it is valid.

You could easily say that Nazr played 0 minutes for the Pistons in 2004, and they won the title. He played 0 minutes for the Pistons in 2005, and they went to the finals.

Or you could say that Tim Duncan played 0 minutes for Miami in 2006, and they won the title.

This puts the success or failure of a team, system, and season on the shoulders of a role player. It doesn't account for other factors like a surging Suns team, injuries to other key players, etc.

I just don't think Nazr is/was the big problem. I thought he was inconsistent during his brief tenure as a starter, having poor showings, decent showings, and some very good games. I believe if you look at the way he was used in the good games... i.e. play to his strengths, he can contribute to the success of the Detroit Pistons.

6. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

When Nazr played it was like driving to the wishing well for opposing teams. Nazr was just to slow defensively to react. When you have guards two slow to slow up or stop guys driving to the basket you need a big that can quickly read a react and close down the lane. Nazr is not that guy. He is a servicable back up nothing more.

7. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

It's a game of matchups. Nazr dosen't matchup well enough against enough other 5s. Getting Haywood puts us one year closer to this position becoming an expiring contract.
    Food for thought. How good can Haywood look playing for a no D, totally perimeter oriented, shoot first Wiz team.

8. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Haywood wouldn`t look good playing for a sometime D playing, perimeter most of the time Piston team either!!!!!!!!!

Trust me.......

9. buddahfan

first sycophant now facetious.

Roscoe please stop using these words than I don't understand, its embarrassing. LOL

Thanks

10. buddahfan

I think that Nazr tries as hard as any Pistons player and is one of the easier players to coach. He gets along with his fellow teammates and says and does all the right things.

He just lacks talent in certain areas.

Believe me, I would love for him to play 25 minutes a game and ave 10 PPG and 8 RPG and only 1 or 2 fouls and play solid defense.

But last year he didn't show that he could do that.

Committing personal fouls at the rate of 7 per 40 minutes and basically hardly ever getting an assist along with less than adequate defense just doesn't cut it. Not for a backup center on a team that wants to win the ring.

If Nazr had been so capable, the Spurs would not have let him walk and go with Oberto as their backup to Duncan.

11. Mad Hatter

I see where ya going and I'm with ya homie! Haywood has all the physical tools and just might flourish in a different system. His contract is reasonable, and it seems to me that the Wiz would want a big in return.

Nazr for Haywood = upgrade. All day long.

12. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I don't think they'd want Nazr's contract. That could be the deal killer.

13. Mad Hatter

Oh really? You mean the team that traded away Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Chris Webber, and Rip Hamilton among others? The Wiz are capable of anything. Besides...Nazr's contract is only $1.5 Mill more than Haywood's. Plus Haywood and E. Thomas are reportedly at each other's throats; and one has to go. I think this would be a good deal for the Wiz.

In any event, who do you recommend?

14. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Maybe I'll head over to the Wiz website and remind them that Nazr has valuable championship expierence that money just can't buy. Better act now. :stirthepot:

15. Mad Hatter

Post a link and I'll go slummin with ya! :gun1:

16. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Hey..I'm in on that too. We could create a huge buzz abou Nazr.

17. Mad Hatter

I got back from lurking and I couldn't find what looked like a "real" forum. One site had more responses to a thread involving some player being featured in a video than they did to anything related to b-ball.

Another thread opened with some Wiz fan suggesting they trade Haywood and somebody else to Memphis for Gasol and Swift. OK, so these aint the serious fans.

Do they even HAVE a "real" board?

18. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

wizards.realgm.com

19. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Yours is one of the few cognitive perceptions about his value to the team: a true center which will not hurt you with a decent substitution pattern; a team player with a good attitude; has playoff experience and plays under control around the rim and can make others play honest with his 8-12 ft. jumper.

20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Keith Langlois' blog was a perfect answer to the Who For Center debate. With where this team is going I feel as if NazMo is just fine at center. I truely feel that if our 1,2,&3 can move their feet and stay in front of their man, then NazMo is decent. Naz gives you 8ppg & 6rpg in 20 mins of work, and for a team trying to get mins for Max and Amir NazMo is VERY IDEAL.