Who do you hate (or "strongly dislike" if you're not a hater)?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BallDon'tLie, Oct 14, 2009.

1. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

In the interest of keeping the forum positive, Please use this thread as a dumping ground to weigh-in on which players, teams, officials, coaches, GMs, etc. you harbor an extreme dislike toward.

Note: This is NOT a thread to discuss your feelings about other posters, mods or the guy that runs this place.

Since it's in the "NBA Stuff" section, let's keep it about hoops and not food or Brady Bunch episodes. If possible, please include any reasoning that you might be able to provide to support your opinion. (...For instance; Roscoe's dislike for LeBron James that he mentioned in another thread inspired me to start this one.)

Have fun hatin'! :stirthepot:
    basketbills likes this.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

LOL

I try not to use the word hate unless I really mean it.

Like I hate violence. Or war. I hate evil.

I dislike David Stern, Kendrick Perkins and Hubie Brown.

I dislike Doug Collins, most referees (I actually like Violet Palmer) and halftime gimmicks.

I dislike the double standard for superstars, the way the CBA punishes rookies to reward washed up vets, and All Star weekend.

I dislike the Cleveland Cavaliers. I dislike the Indiana Pacers.

I dislike Bryant "Big Country" Reeves.

I dislike new balls, hard rims, and tear away pants.

I dislike groupies, drugs and tell all books.

I dislike coaches who coach not to lose, instead of coaching to win.

That is all I can think of right now.
  3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I thought you said you hate evil. :pound::pound::pound:
  4. BallDon'tLie

I can't figure out why this is so funny to me.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It looks like Roscoe has been waiting for this thread to appear. Nice work, BDL.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I hate phantom calls more than anything else in the bball universe.

My hatred of referees is directly related to that.

My dislike of Stern stems from rules that make phantom fouls more likely to happen.

I also find free throws pretty boring.

Also wish that each team only could use 1 timeout in the last minute of a game so that the players would have to make decisions for themselves.

I'm on board with just about everything else. I don't feel any particular hatred for any players, even if they are rivals of the Pistons.
  7. BallDon'tLie

I feel you on the word "hate" Roscoe. That's a 'bad word' in my house and my 8 year-old knows not say that word. I'd rather have her cuss like a sailor than say the 'H-word'.

Much like Sheed, I strongly dislike them "NBA Darlings". With the exception of a few (Magic back in the day, Tim Duncan, a few others), I can't stand the whole NBA superstar treatment. LeBron, Wade, Shaq, Jordan, ...the list goes on and on.

Specific players that I don't care for (off the top of my head):
    Carmelo Anthony
    T-Mac
    K-Mart
    Shaq O'Neil
    Kobe (although, he's starting to grow on me)
    Wade
    LeBron James
    Iverson
    Gilbert Arenas
    Joakim Noah
    Paul Pierce
    TurkeyGlue
    Vince Carter
    Zach Randolph
    ...ughhh, I could go on and on.

I don't like refs that get in the way of a good game.

I don't like coaches that try to be the center of attention.

I don't like Pat Riley.

I don't like ball-hogs or volume shooters.

I don't like paying 20+ bucks to park at a game!
  8. BallDon'tLie

...:gun1:Stephon Marbury.
  9. raxrets

raxrets Starter

my personal "ha...um...dislike" list

1. Rabid judgements - doomsday predictions after one or two bad games.
    2. Fan myths related to drafting, coaching, developing, trading - honestly, this line deserves its of list, IMO
    3. Pet players - for fans are their far more important overall team or game. I'll tell you a secret: I was glad when AI adorers were gone from here .
    4. Grass is greener on the other side of the fence mentality ( why oh why we have Stuckey instead of Sessions, for instance)
    5. Pinckertons and Sherlocks are searching hidden messages or veiled statements from various quotes, statements, usually from official releases.
    6. fans dedicated in arenas more to eating and drinking beverages ( and complaining later why toilet queues are too long) than following the game.
    Now, not fan related but more overall stuff:

1. Sell teams via superstar overhype.
    2. Tattos and other gangsta or wannabe tuffies stuff.
    3. In official statements stars are family guys and examples of caring community, but in real life...cough, cough.
    4. shoes, shoes, more shoes.Teenager, without this "Lebron shoe"you're nothing . "Talk shoe" excluded, of course
    5. Stupid American commercials: big, big cars and big big macs.
    6. Political correctness.
    7. Why America lives in wrong timeline? Very personal question:)
  10. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

• I don't like all the so-called fans making juvenile irrelevant comments on Internet articles. Comments like "Y'all suck. Lakers CHAMS forever. Go Kobe, LOL" on a game recap between Golden State and Charlotte.
    • I can't stand Gilbert Arenas' blog posts.
    • I can't stand Stephen A. Smith.
    • Most players I don't have issues with, but I can't stand Stephon Marbury.
    • I dislike incompetent owners and GMs that doom franchises.
    • I HATE the fact that Sonics moved the year after I moved to Seattle. :gun1:Clay Bennett!
    • The whole All-Star weekend gives me nausea.
    • All-Star balloting sucks.
    • It drives me crazy when players refer to themselves in the third person during interviews.
    • I dislike touch-foul rules and biased officiating.
    • The whole dance bracket thing that NBA does is stupid.
    • I dislike how high the prices are at the NBA store.
  11. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Not so fast. Not so fast. I will ALWAYS be here and I will ALWAYS be an "AI adorer" as you put it. I will watch every single Pistons game in chat this year like I did the last several years. I will also watch every single Allen Iverson game on League Pass until the day he retires from whatever team he is on. Just letting you know there raxrets, not so fast on the "no more AI fans on Pistons.com" thing. I happen to be glad Allen Iverson is no longer a Piston because I don't have to listen to everyone escapegoat him constantly...why it's a breath of fresh air to log on now.:)
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

So, you hated the AI bashing.
  13. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Oh yeah. I was busy responding specifically to raxrets post but yes to the point of what I hated: I hate all player bashing.

I hated the AI bashing. I hated the Ben Wallace bashing. Also the Darko bashing. I actually hate all Piston player bashing. I find it extremely unharmonious for the forum. And I always feel that the need to do it says more about the author than the player being bashed. In general, I really think the bashing has to do with the need to release animosity and trying to do it in a sideways indirect way by acting like it has to do with a particular player. Most of that bashing has always ended up with 2-4 posters going at it with each other for pages of posting and no new revelatory info or opinions about the actual player even being expressed. This is why I don't like bashing. To me, it's simply a way to act out in public.
  14. max

max All-Star

My biggest beef is how there is always that lingering suspicion of corruption in the NBA and the fact that it does seem to bother Stern at all. One would think that he would be out there launching massive media campaigns aimed at improving the leagues image. The lack of said efforts raises suspicion even more.

- Refs . I am glad they are locked out and hope they never come back. I would rather have less experienced refs making honest mistakes than all the beefs, grudges, and the immaturity level of the old ones.

- I hate that most pre-season games are not on tv anymore.

- I strongly disagree with how they keep tweaking the rules of the game every year. Leads to a lack of integrity.
  15. raxrets

raxrets Starter

I know my strategy for fantasy bball: draft AI and trade him to you for...everything.

I'm feeling like a druglord making big bucks at the price of desperate junkies....

16. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Oh dear. :crying:This makes me very sad.

:focus: Random things I hate: I hate that LeBron stole Kevin Garnett's talcum powder handclap at the scorer's table. The year the Piston's won the championship KG was in all the highlight films doing that.

And yeah, I can't stand LeBron. I would never ever ever draft LeBron on a fantasy team because I would have to commit hari kari out of a crisis of conscience and nausea immediately after. I really can't stand him. Global icon indeed.

And he is SOOOOOOO NOT HOT. He looks and acts like a 30 year old adolescent boy. At the BET awards he was in the front row singing all of Lil Wayne's clean version lyrics with him. Pathetic.

So that's enough hatin' on him. I'm really warming up to this topic.:)
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

:rofl: :pound:
  18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I hate that you all already took all the things that we all love to hate...:yellowprison:
  19. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I hate floppers like Sideshow Bob.

That ridiculous family picture thing the Cavs do.

Guys that stand up in front of you at the Palace when you are trying to see William Hung sing at halftime and then when you ask them to sit down they Just give you a dirty look and then when you tap on their shoulder they tell you you better not touch them again or it will be a big mistake.

I hate those Thunder Stix.

Guys that sit in the same row as you and drink a bunch of 8 dollar beers and have to keep getting up and going to the bathroom.

I hate when you get out of the Palace and you forget where you parked.

I hate that Rodney White never got a fair chance in the NBA.

I hate that we won't be able to use the phrase "Coach Tablecloth" in the forum anymore even though I'm glad he's gone.
  20. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

I hate that NBA players wear a new pair of shoes every day. Elitist #$@%&...

I hate any player who has natural ability, but is just happy to collect his paycheck.

I do hate Kobe Bryant and his smugness...

I hate playing shorts that are Looooong....Bring back the old look.

I hate any 7 footer who won't play in the paint.