Which Young Guard?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, May 5, 2006.

?

Which young Guard would you pick?

1. Michael Redd

27.8%
  2. Gilbert Arenas

5.6%
  3. Dwayne Wade

61.1%
  4. Other

5.6%
  1. max

max All-Star

I would pick Redd. After watching that playoff series Redd seems to fill in wherever his team needs him scoring, rebounding, passing, good D. Wheras Areanas and Wade are mainly scorers.

2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

More of an avoidance of evil kind of thing since I can't stand the other two.

Redd.

3. linwood

linwood All-Star

Micheal Redd is unstoppable. He is also durable, and level headed. :nod:

4. justise32

justise32 First Round Draft Pick

As much as a dislike DWade, I would choose him as the best young guard. All three guards listed are great scorers. However, DWade is ranked 5th in the league in scoring; 6th in the league in steals (2 per game); and 11th in the league in Assist(6 per game); plus, he averages 7 rebounds and 1 block per game. Michael Redd is ranked 9th in the league in scoring; only averages 4 rebounds per game; 3 assist per game; and 1 steal. Redd isn't in the top 20 ranking of anything, but scoring and Free-throws. Looking at the stats, DWade is the a true versatile guard.
    But, if your judging by image/personality/professionalism/etc.. then Redd would be the top young guard. DWade and Areanas just appear to be to full of themselves. But then again, I don't really know them.

5. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Gotta go with Wade. Redd played great against us, but how much further below .500 would the Bucks have been without him? Not much. Wade carried the Heat on his back for much of the season, and he just seems like a winner.

I wouldn't argue against anyone who thinks the other guys might enjoy longer, healthier careers due to Wade's high-impact style. On the other hand, we're still waiting for that to catch up with Iverson.

6. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Wade has a limited NBA shelf life so I voted against him. Based on ability alone I'd pick Wade though. Redd and Arenas are incredible players but I'd give the very slight edge to Redd.

7. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Say what? I'd think the Bucks might have lost maybe 15 more games without Redd. I'd put them right there with the rest of the cellar dwellers. Wade had Shaq and Walker and Payton - all right, maybe they all didn't add much, but he did have Shaq.

8. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Just checking this thread to see if anyone picks Arenas. I will put them on permanent ignore for being the most ignorant basketball fan ever.

Can I do that??:ohwell:

Just kidding, I would go with Wade though. He seems to be the better defensive player of the three.

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I thought about this one all day.

I put Redd and Arenas on Miami. Redd would excel. Arenas? Not so much. He's like a superpowered Damon Jones between the ears.

Then I put Wade and Arenas on Milwaukee. Wade would be very solid, they would be a + .500 team. Arenas? Melt down with impressive #s. he simply cannot guard 2s in this league.

Lastly, I put Wade and Redd on Washington. Not too much gained or lost with either.

Offense

Arenas A-
    Redd A+
    Wade A+

Defense

Arenas C-
    Redd B+
    Wade C+

Intangibles

Arenas B-
    Redd C+
    Wade A

I'll go with Wade. By a nose over Redd. Although Redd would be SICK on Miami with Shaq and JWill.

10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I went with Wade simply because he helps make the team better... much better passer than the others.
    However Bills makes an excellent point... D.W. will be battling injuries every year... eventually his joints won't respond (non weed comment).

There's something that scares me about Arenas... I don't want to face a player that has no concience... the guy is too loose to care about pressure... he's a cold blooded gunner that could break some hearts.