Where will Ben's 11.3 rebounds go?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by webz, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linwood

linwood All-Star

You win Jay. I concede. Ben is the paper DPOY. The Pistons won a paper NBA Championship in 2004 and a paper Eastern Conference Championship in 2005. Ben tried to kill Darko, locked Carlos Arroyo in a basement, and told Delfino if he finished a drive, he would finish him. Darko rules, Larry is incompetent, and the Great Milicic is the paper Human Victory Cigar.

:rolleyes:

Goodluck, Mo.
  2. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Hey, I knew you'd come around, eventually :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: !!!

Just kiddin' :sorry: !!!
  3. linwood

linwood All-Star

LOL! :cheers:
  4. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Motown, I truly admire your efforts to use reason with bball jay. You have shown great courage in the face of overwhelming odds. Whether you succeed or fail at this task, you are an inspiration to us all.

[​IMG]
  5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I'd like to see things from bballs point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass.

Sorry bout that... but you have to admit your mind is like a steal trap...
    always closed :help2:
  6. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Hey, we got some good times rollin' now!!

:dancingparty: :grouphug:
  7. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Thanks for the support fellas. lol.

I ain't scared of nobody. ;)

Okay, let's get the boring stuff out the way.

Ben did make some defensive plays worth of note you just choose to ignore them. There's a picture of him blocking Shaq's shot that you commented on a day ago. Remember? Anyway, Ben had a bad series. Ben sucked at the line. That didn't help, but, that is NOT the sole reason why we lost the series. In fact there are at least 10 occurences (victories) during last years playoffs where Hack a Ben didn't work. The point you haven't adressed is how the Pistons have traditionally rallied around Ben's defensive play to win critical games. Taking Ben out of the final game forced Detroit to win another way. They didn't. I still firmly believe that they gave up their best shot at competing when they took the defensive player of the year out of the game during a season ending deficit. His affect on winning games has never been from the line. Similar to a dominant shooter, you don't refuse to pass him the ball during crunch time because he is having a bad offensive series. In the same light, you don't prevent one of the greatest defensive players in NBA history from bringing you back into the game by sitting him on the bench.

Last I checked they didn't just give this award away. Nice you could admit that Ben's a nice, clean face. Conveniently, you omit this from your arguements as they pertain to his character in your other "opinions".

yada...

yada...

yada...

yada...

yada...

Yada.

So, after listening to this ridiculous babble for the past week or so I thought it would be interesting to point out some things to you:

You have admitted to being completely closeminded toward any opinion that differs from your own and have made a conscious effort to disrupt any posts that speak to the character of Ben Wallace.

So...umm...doesn't this make you no different from a guy who is completely against the zone and voices his displeasure to the group? Can you say, hypocrite?

After the Darko trade, you stopped visibly showing your support with the group as you moped about things not going your way this year in the Pistons organization.

Yeah, so you have a moment of weakness where you stop functioning as a team player, but you feel comfortable attacking Ben Wallace. Are you PF.Com's malcontent? If so, you should love Ben.

You are continuosly criticizing the double standard/double talk of the Pistons organization. Their talk about rewarding effort when they don't give the young guys a shot. Favortism toward starters.

However, you are very quick to enforce a double standard as it applies to criticizing Ben versus Darko. You weren't even able to list the cons in Darko's game when prompted. You have an obvious Darko bias and you are proud of it.

So basically Bballjay, you seem to be exactly what you are against.

You've shown disloyalty, the refusal to be openminded about another approach and a clear favortism towards players. You made up the entire "Ben gave Joe a verbal" commitment story without any sources to back up your claim. No interviews, no newspaper articles, no insider information. Absolutely noone has mentioned this as being truth, yet you continuosly trash his name. Not cool. What has Ben Wallace done to you, man??????

In closing, if you have routinely shown an inability to be objective, a reluctance to build opinions based on factual information, and a distinctive double standard as it pertains to loyalty....

....why should I take anything that you say as little more than a meaningless tyrade against a player you've villanized for ultimately not being Darko?
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

This thread has run it's course.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.