WHat's Happening With WIll Blalock?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by footprints, Nov 20, 2006.

1. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Love it. LOL
  2. footprints

footprints Second Round Draft Pick

sounds all good to me, now when are we going to revamp this team and get ahead of the curve, the team we are riding now is behind it slightly. we won with this team already. when in history has a team won then fallen back and come back with the same team minus key folks and won again? this tea, needs to be broke up and sold while the return is high. i'm not saying they are done as players, but as the detroit pistons they are done, so say me and history. :pound: :stirthepot:
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think this happens all of the time. Most recently, the Spurs won in 2003, then came back and won again in 2005.
  4. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

1 example is different from all the time, though.
  5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I really don't think we'll see a break up this year. If anything, we might see a coaching change but I kind of doubt that too. I think Joe is in a tough spot. No one he can bring in will be worth what he gives away regarding immediate impact.
    I was really hoping an infusion of youth could help this team but that looks like a pipe dream. Maxiell, AJ, Delfino will be rotational outcasts while Flip M will have inconsistent minutes and perform accordingly.

IMO, what we need is more of a chemistry change than a personnel change.
  6. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Until Mr. Bigshot unexpectedly vacates the Palace nothing will happen with Mr. Blaylock. It seems we have forgotton how to grow from within.
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Bulls (and MJ) took a couple of years off between three-peats. In the 80s, the Lakers and Celtics continuously won championships, took a year or two break, and then came back to win more championships.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Watching Lindsey play every night while Will sits in street clothes is killing me. Watching the development of Rondo in Boston and Marcus Williams in NJ is killing me, especially since we could have had one of them had JOE got off his BUTT on draft night and at least tried to make sumthin happen. Will did enough good stuff in the pre-season to warrant a serious look at some floor time, sure Earl "The Squirrel" Boykins took it to him in preseason, but the Squirrel takes to everybody in the league and has been for years. Not saying Will is a beast of a PG wasting away in street clothes, but he played well enough to get a shot, unless he's just sucks in practice, I don't know what the deal is.