What Will The Pistons Record Be This Year

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Prophecy Revealed, Sep 7, 2006.

1. pimpmasterodman

pimpmasterodman Second Round Draft Pick

larry brown bought out his contract
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Everyone knows that the Pistons fired Larry Brown. It's common knowledge.

(7/21/05) The team didn't want the Hall of Fame coach back and had offered a payoff, Brown's agent, Joe Glass, said on Tuesday.

"I take umbrage with the Pistons, or sources, saying it's a buyout," Glass was quoted by the AP as saying before the announcement. "A buyout encompasses a mutual agreement, and that'snot what is happening. Larry Brown is saying, 'I want to coach thePistons,' and they want to pay him off for whatever reason."
  3. pass99

pass99 Team Captain Forum Donor

As stated before: No worse than a 55 season with the first two months at 12-4 and 10-4. Those months will tell me many things.
  4. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

55 wins and I hope we save our energy for the playoffs. Home court advantage and the energy it took to get there was not worth it. We should play the bench more. Especially Delfino and Johnson and Murray.
  5. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

I'd say 52-54 wins.As mentioned before if Flip won't put the bench in maybe a slight injury would help.I would rather have this happen during the regular season than have 2 starters on broken wheels in the playoffs.
  6. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

re post #12, agreed with the notion that it would be nice to have large chunks of time to develop the bench, and to prevent the team from peaking too early, which is a threat. Our guys could possibly again come out determined to prove themselves, do so in the first half of the season, cruise after the all-star break and lose their focus.

There's no HCA BS now, hopefully, so that could be a difference. But, on a regular basis, I agree with the LB idea of using the first bit of the season to see what you've got on the notion that sacraficing a few wins will pay off later.
  7. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i say we win 60+ games again this year. we lost lots of games last year because of boredom. i thing is for sure about flip he wins lots of regular season games and i don't see this year being any different. ben wallace isn't a major loss in my book. delfino is ready to step in and joe has put his seal of approval on it so it's going to happen. flip will make a serious effort to get the bench involved and this will result in more wins instead of more losses for us. mcdyess and fino are going to have monster years.
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Between 52-58 wins. I say 56 wins. This team still has a great chance to win a championship.
  9. congoman

congoman First Round Draft Pick

Unfortunately, I feel we will have closer to a .500 season. Even though I think the loss of Ben will help the attitude of the Pistons, we are now without a good rebounder. That will cause large problems. The main problem will be the fact that Cleveland and Miami showed the rest of the league how to beat the Pistons... clog up the lane and let them try to beat you from outside. We can do that only about half the time.

I think Joe could have re-signed Ben if he wanted to. He let him go and will let this season go as well as the youngsters get burn and he can get a better cap situation next year.

Get ready for a bumpy ride.:bump:
  10. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I will say the Pistons will get between 48 and 52 wins. That should be good enough for a 2nd or 3rd seed in the EC. I honestly think the Pistons offense may avg. 5- 6 points more per. It`s the defense that will be shaky, without Ben covering for everyones` arse.

Speaking of Ben, I can`t wait to see how Skiles handles Ben`s desire to get touches in his offense. We all know that Walace is terrible in close games with the ball in his hands. Will Ben still demand his touches then, as he did in Detroit? Will Heinrich and Gordon still be able to get open, will Deng, and Nocioni be able to do what they do against 5 players, as Ben`s man guards everyone except Ben??

Cleveland is the team that troubles me, not because of their talent, but because of the NBA`s determination to see Lebron win a championship. at all costs. If the Cav`s go on a roll and stay injury free, just a gut feeling........look out.

At the end of the day, I see Detroit making it to perhaps the ECF. Has Flip learned anything? Did the players regain that chip on their shoulders and desire to win again? Only the season will bring the answers. Or should I say the Playoffs will bring the answers, as long as Flip coaches the regualr season has little meaning.
  11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

If a couple people on the bench step up this team will be championship contenders still. If no new players step up than things will get ugly, but I see more players stepping up this year. I will be very surprised if no one does.
  12. pimpmasterodman

pimpmasterodman Second Round Draft Pick

no larry been doing then same thing with every team hes been on he stays 2-6 year. Then makes the team good then %%%%s them over.Gose to another team and take money from them. Hes been kown to do this a lot. The olny team he really stayed with was phily that was olny 6 year HE USED US TO GET A CHAMIPIONSHIP. NO COACH STAY WITH A TEAM FOR 1 YEAR WIN A CHAMIPIONSHIP SECOND YEAR THEY MAKE IT TO THE FIANLS AND THEN HE %%%%S US OVER. HE MAY BE A HALL OF FAMER BE HE USED EVERY TEAM HES BEEN ON.:gun1: :rapture:LARRY BROWN
  13. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer