what will flip murray bring to the table

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by doublead, Sep 18, 2006.

1. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

the same Flip Murray we laffed off the court last year after begging Cavs to put him in the game..that Flip Murray?

2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

If he can just do that effectively and consistently it will be a huge plus!

Because nobody else does it. Are you listening BBBillups??

3. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

I was disappointed to hear Flip recently say ``we've still got the best starting 5 in the NBA.'' We really do need to get away from that sorta thinking.

I agree that if one of Delfino, Max and Flip step up and become a major contributor it's going to make a major difference. If 2 step up and Flip's fired, I'll start to get fairly excited.

4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

If 2 step up, it kinda means that flip is giving them room and they are making the most of it. I'll stick with FlipS...I didn't just say that, did I?

If its last season all over again at least, I can catch some NOK games and play fantasy basketball while checking Will and Amir in the NBDL.

5. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

If 2 step up, and one would have to be Max b/c drawing fouls on forwards is very beneficial, we become a contender. Maybe it's just my fantasy, but I can't imagine Joe trusting Flip with another contending squad. Either Flip warms the seat while Joe rebuilds, or the team's ready sooner than expected and Joe does something to get a real coach in.

6. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

There is certainly that potential and we are not talking about rookie hopeful wishing. Delfino is so close and you are right...it is all about confidence. This will be his last shot and I hope he comes through.

7. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Detroit turning double flips

"On every team I've ever gone out for, I've wanted to be the point guard," he told the Philadelphia Daily News in 2002. "But usually, the coach sees how I can score and moves me to the wing. Point guard is really my natural position."