What is Tayshaun's going rate?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Zoso, Sep 7, 2005.

?

Is Tayshaun Prince worthy of a 5 year $45-50 million dollar contract?

1. Yes

52 vote(s)
    70.3%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    16.2%
  3. Not sure

10 vote(s)
    13.5%
  1. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Prince video

There's a "Prince-Hittin' it deep!" video, Motown
  2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Thanks Zoso!

Thanks! Micro beat you to the punch, but I appreciate the help nonetheless.

Tay was off the chain that game wasn't he? Geesh!!!!!
  3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Thats amazing. I think he shouldn't only do that facing hook of his he's got a shot so he should use it to stretch out the opponents defense. That would be a real helper. Great vide Zoso.
  4. max

max All-Star

COllege

Almost every senior who makes the 1st round was the 1st offensive option at his college.
  5. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

MotownPride

No doubt! Saying he was in the zone would be putting it lightly. That last three ball was way out there. Talk about range! :)
  6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I just looked at some blogs on detnews some guy finally found out about Chauncey's interview on AM 1270.
  7. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

Did anyone

Did anyone ever get the FULL AUDIO of Billups interview (the Darko one)? I only caught excerpts in print and never got to hear the entire interview UNCUT.

Is it out there anywhere?
  8. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Looks like this will be the last year the core is going to be together. Tay may play harder this year to get his worth up.
  9. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

This year the structure of the lux tax is significantly different.... last year going over the tax could cost at least 17 mil due to lost proceeds from the "tax fund"... this year each team can share from the fund regardless of how much they go over....
    Mr. D is more likely to accept a higher pay scale... which is great news for Ben & Tayshaun.
    A couple years ago we went over the lux tax by less than 1 mil.... it was a huge hit for Mr. D when the BRI was less than antincipated... Signing a player like Darvin Ham cost the Pistons 10X his salary.

Go ahead and show Tay the money... the extra playoff $'s will pay for his salary.
  10. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

if Tayshaun wants to go for the big money, he can do it- being the third- highest paid Piston has to be enough, he hasn't proved that he sould receive a higher contract than Rip or Sheed.
    I'm sure Joe D. would find a solution if Tayshaun speculates on the big cash. This team doesn't consist of a payroll but of players who want to know it.
  11. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Hope he stays, but

From the very beginning, I was happy that the Pistons did not draft Carmello because I did not think he would ever be as good as Taysh, as a complete player.

Taysh has disappointed me at times as he does not show the activity and passion that Ben does, and that Sheed can.

But his lack of consistency keeps him from being a very top tier player, so he should not be of the opinion that he should be the top paid player at the 3. I understand that he would like to make as much as his friends and classmates and all that, but I hope he would rather have some more rings. I have never quite understood the team concept when it comes to a 'team' player holding out for higher money when he is taking it away from his teammates and denying them of his best work while he is waiting to be paid more. And they still support him as a team player.

People say he has to look out for the stability of his family and all that. I must say that the comfort and stability of his family depends upon making $70 or 80million rather than "settling" for $50million, he has a pretty extravagant life style.

Taysh, sign for a reasonable amount and leave a little to keep the team together to win some more 'ships.
  12. himat

himat Bench Warmer

A lot of players on this team give up a lot to make this team wi. Lindsey Hunter said he was willing to give up some of his salary when we were trying to sign Sheed to a deal. This team is like family, man.
  13. max

max All-Star

Agents

Its mainly sports agents influencing their players. Tays agent looked around and drudged up contracts like Larry Hueghes. The highest contracts being paid out and said Tay is also worth that.

You just can't keep a decent team together if you always have to chase the highest contracts given out at the time your player is due to be re-signed.
  14. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

As much as these agents get for the other players some of whom don't deserve it is ridiculous.But the owners open up their pocket books so who is at fault?

Tay I believe is better than some of those contracts I've seen the other players get.He as well as the Joe are at the mercy of the market and what other owners decide to pay not as good of talent.I really think he is a vital part of this team I hope Joe and Tay/agent can find a happy middle ground.
  15. max

max All-Star

re

Yes but sometimes they don't and there is always a team out there desperate enough to overpay a guy.

So if Tay is not exteneded then we do risk a Joe Johnson situation next summer.

To update this thread apparently 45-50 is what the Pistons offered and Tay's agent thinks he should be getting more like 60 mil over 5 years because thats what someone got in Tays skill area.

I would say just let the deadline pass and see what happends next summer. If we lose Tay then things will carry on but we will be dead ducks as Billups/Ben and others re-sign when Tay the 3rd option on offense if given the teams 1st max contract.
  16. max

max All-Star

17. MotownPride

18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

The numbers
    5 year deal starting at $7mill yields a $42 mill deal.

5 year starting at $7.5 mill yields 45 mill, add another year and Tay gets $56.25 million. That sounds pretty fair to me. I think Tay should be making just a little less than RIP.
  19. MotownPride

now if only you could convince Tay and his agent...then we could all be a happy family. :)
  20. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I didn't think this sort of thing would be an issue with Prince. Then again, he did hold some sort of grudge against teams that "undervalued" him and passed him up in the draft (thanking them for passing him up when the Pistons won their championship).
    Maybe he feels it is happening again (being undervalued). It also may be that Prince has a greedy agent filling his head with nonsense. The agents get about 3-4 percent. Anyhow, I'd be sorry to see him go, but I think he is asking for too much.