What Happened To Sheed?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Nov 1, 2006.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Was Sheed playing sick or injured tonight?

Otherwise, I sense he might be reverting to his old ways, i.e. before he became a Piston. My sense of it is that with Big Ben now on Comcast in the Windy City that Flipper has taken more control of the team. In fact Dumars has even said this.

My sense also is that Sheed doesn't connect with Flipper. With Big Ben here I believe that Big Ben could get through to Sheed to keep his head in the games. Now that Big Ben is gone the question is which Sheed are we going to see this year?

Hopefully tonight is not a reflection of what we can expect from Sheed for the remaining 80 games of this regular season.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'll say it again, Sheed is in BIG trouble with the new tech rule. There is absolutely no way that he can supress his natural emotions. He will quit the NBA before he walks away from an official who made a bad call.

3. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I sure hope he can suppress his emotions when Fatima makes a bad call.

4. max

max All-Star

He will have to either roll with the new rule or be rolled.

5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

It's not Sheed's emotions, or attitude. Dude is really cool, he just talks TOOOOOOO MUCH. He does not have the ability to SHUT-UP, if he were a second grader they'd basically give him one of those pills to make him behave, riddlin or sumthin'.

6. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Rolling with the new rule will probably get us rolled anyway...

7. max

max All-Star

After the 1st game he should know that they are serious about this.

I don't believe this rule is going to last. Players need the ability to discuss a call and there is way too much interperation going on by the refs on what is acceptable or not. Its going to get to the point where a player cannot even talk to the refs and thats not going to stand.

This and that dork new ball may even be the beginning of the end for Stern but until that Sheed is going to have to keep quite. Very quite. I know he wants to have a good season so he will adjust.

8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Um um um um um :confused:

9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Yeah I'm happy it happened now. More time for him to adjust. Sheed is not going to his "old ways" He found a place here, and he's not going to let us down this easily. The refs will slow down. Whenever a rule is made as a parent, or a teacher, or any person they'll be overdoing the rule first but they'll slow down eventually. Sheed is going to do good Friday. Book it. I think Sheed will do his best to stop, hopefully it's enough.

10. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Wonder how many ejections would Sheed get from all these technicals for the season?:doh:

How many ejections would lead to 1 game suspension?

11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

1. Sheed is out of shape
    2. Getting thrown out of a game is cowardly. It takes a man to shut up even when you know the call is wrong. It's called discipline.

Sheed needs to get himself into shape, shut his mouth, and start playing with a force down in the blocks. The Pistons need him.

12. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

this tech thing is BS if you ask me. its not just sheed thats in trouble. any player showing any kind of emotion is in trouble.

we've seen from the pre-season that guys are getting tossed for nothing, and its carrying over into the season.

is this sterns big idea? dooes he think fans will still tune in if their favourite players only play half the game because they were ejecting for flaying their arms in frustration?

i think this could be the making of a good stat sprocket. lets see how many techs and ejections there are after week 1.

13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's okay to show emotion. It's not okay to show up the refs. I think it is a good rule.

14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I've lost a lot of respect for Sheed. What he said to the ref as he was leaving was totally unacceptable (picked up on TV).

It wasn't showing up, it was disrespectful and degrading.

If he thinks this is showmanship, no one will buy tickets to watch that show.

15. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

yeah i didn't see the game, and it sounds like this sheed thing could be a seperate issue, but i mean does anyone consider mike bibby to be a disrespectful player? he got tossed.
    kirk hinrich? he got a tech. even guys who don't normally get them or considered whingers, complainers, ref intimidators are getting them.

i tell you one thing, its gonna make this sleeper league VERY interesting...

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It sounded like Sheed was saying something to the ref before he got kicked out like "Ronnie Nunn said you have to call that, Ronnie Nunn said you have to call that, etc." It's almost like he was trying to get kicked out.

Even Wade got a tech on opening night.

I agree with the principal of what they are trying to do... but they really can't T someone up for a natural reaction. The arguing I am OK with.

17. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i was at the game...on the jumbotron sheed told the ref 'you owe me' twice and then he got tossed. i thought it was pretty weak. the new rule should apply to coaches too...stotts looked worse than scott skiles out there, and both of his assistant coaches were standing the entire game.

18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I read your post with LFishbourne;s voice and its hilarious!

19. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I completely agree.

I was going to post the exact same thing.

Diddo

20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am not sure if the first one was a qualified tech or not. I think he was just reacting to the foul with a rebel yell :yell: and you should be allowed to do that as long as you dont curse, throw the ball or direct your anger directly at the ref. :swear2:

On the second one he just couldn't keep his mouth shut.:tape:

Basically Sheed tested the new system, the refs answered and hopefully he learned his lesson.

For the game his highlight stat line was his 2 blocks. 0-3 shooting, 0 points and 3 boards. :crossed: :frusty: