What happened to Darko?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Nov 11, 2005.

?

What is more important?

Poll closed Nov 18, 2005.
  1. Player development deep into the bench

14.7%
  2. Getting the starters comfortable with the new offense

29.4%
  3. Who cares, just win baby.

55.9%
  1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

nope. no compromises. Compromises make forums boring. :fencing:

2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

LOL.

And the same arguments stated over and over again are... Interesting? :faint:

3. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Sure, I'll compromise

I will compromise in the number of minutes he gets and whether it is enough to get him ready for the playoffs.

There is no room for compromise in whether or not he gets PT; just in the amount. I am sure it will be too little for some and too much for others, but he has to get what he can EARN.

And it is for the good of the team. Flip came right out and said it right in front of God and all of us, "Ben was very tired in the Portland game. We have to get him some rest". I don't think there was any compromise in that statement from the Flipper.

I will admit that maybe I got into this argument too soon. It is a fact that Dyce needs to get into the system first and then Darko. But just don't take too long, Dyce :eyebrows: .

On a little side note, I surely do love these little guys. Almost makes it worth posting just to see how they help make the points :D

4. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

darko's preseason performance should have earned him some minutes. if not that then mcdyess lack of performance should have earned darko some minutes.

ben wallace isn't an all around player either. doesn't mean he shouldn't be on the floor. it's a team game. rip is a turnover machine.

darko is shooting 50 percent and 100 percent from the line. i would say that's consistent. so i would say more to this date he hasn't even had the oppurtunity to be a consistent all around player. his rebound totals would be higher if he was on the court. his turns would also probably go down as he developed chemistry with other players on the court. he does need to work on his rebounding but that's more of an committment thing.

i think darko will be an impact player in this years playoffs. we will just have to see. i don't see why you dont' think darko will handle pressure.

i am totally right. no middle ground.

5. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Bench play ~ Basketbills

Bench play ~ No matter what side of the fence people stand on, the simple fact of the matter is, if we don't develop our bench by playing Darko, Arroyo, Delfino, etc. during the regular season, especially the first half of the year, then our season will end the same way it did last year.

In ultimate failure.

We have got to develop our bench. If we don't, we really don't stand any chance of winning the championship. Especially against a deep team like San Antonio, whose starters, I'm sure, will be getting plenty of rest throughout the year. The last thing we need, is to run our starters into the ground during the season, like we did last year.

And even though we have Dale Davis waiting in the wings to be called upon if needed, we have still got to get Darko on the floor to see exactly what we have in him (although, IMO, he's already answered that question in the preseason. Yeah, yeah, I know, preseason schme-season, all the same he looked damned impressive) and whether or not we should cut bait and trade him, or if he's worth re-signing, when that time comes.

Whichever way you look at it, this simple fact is we've got to get the kid on the floor, one way or another, to find out. No ifs ands or buts about it.

Basketbills ~
    I don't view last season as being a "great" one, at all, especially for a championship contending team like this one. I would call it what it was. A failed season. Nothing more-nothing less.

And I'd be willing to bet that each and every piston would agree with that viewpoint as well. At least they should, if they have their priorities in order.

From the day training camp starts, anything short of winning the Larry O'Brien trophy is considered a failed season. Period. That's simply the truth.

There's no consolation trophy for second place. As a matter of fact, if you ask any player, especially one on a contender, what the goal for the season is, each person to-a-man will answer, obtaining the championship.

Every year, in every sport, there is only one successful team, the rest are nothing more than losers who didn't get the job done.

6. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

uh not my favorite player in any way and I am not hung up on the kid. I want to see the kid play because if he does not that means joe messed up big get it. We would have wasted part of the future a #2 pick does not even happen for the clippers every year let alone a playoff contender.

and as far as us not winning last year thank larry for giving a title to his best friend and best man at his wedding.

7. Darth Tater

I'm missing something here. :confused:

It sounds like everyone is saying the same thing... "Give Darko playing time based on what he has earned for the good of the team in order to avoid getting an exhausted bunch of starters and losing the finals like we did last year ".

So that seems VERY reasonable. You guys who say you won't compromise...seems like you already have...or is that what you said in the first place? :confused: What am I missing here? That synopsis seems like it should meet everyones "expectations".

Really, I've lost track of what you are debating. :laugh: What is it precisely that you guys disagree on?

8. Darth Tater

Sorry Abe, but you are nuts if you are insinuating he threw it intentionally. Lost because of poor coaching is certainly arguable. Lost because of his lying ways and wandering heart...maybe. Lost because he wanted to give it to his buddy...insanity!!!!

9. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Mercury

I am willing to admit that I was wrong. I used to think that the bballjay, 16 mile and Lazy club had some common sense, now I realize that I was mistaken.

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I would also like to admit that I was wrong. I picked the Lions to go 10-6.

11. Darth Tater

LOL :laugh:

12. Darth Tater

Me too. :redface:

13. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

If we're doing a confessional, I'd like to admit that I once thought the Piston's Teal uniforms were cool. :doh:

please forgive me

14. Darth Tater

Lmaooooo

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Alright there brotha... Maybe Ben and Sheed should take a back seat to the Darko HOF'er then.... man he must be gooood!...
    Guys it's time for ol' Merc to visit the eye doc.... Must be missin' all this gre8 play lately... coulda swore that Mo Evans out jumped him for an equal rebound the other day (rubs eyes)....

Let's hope the kid improves his instincts (nose for the ball)... I think some are overestimating his physical skills (quickness.. jumping etc)... when he starts leaping over people and getting to the ball first is the day that we'll all have confidence in him.

BBalljay predicts Darko will be an impact player in this years playoffs... sounds good... this year it's put up or shut up time.... since in your words... "i am totally right. no middle ground"... it's never too early to start working on the excuses.

16. Wingspan

Wingspan Second Round Draft Pick

I went through most of my life not knowing that Columbus's flat vs. round battle was a myth.

17. lazyberbs

Wingspan

Wow, you have uncovered one of the millions of things I did not know. That was some surprise because I would swear that we learned that the flat earth thing was one of the things that got old Cris his boats. He was supposed to find a shorter way to the western hemisphere so that they could trade faster. I would guess that was even before the days of the SSTs.

I was just using that as an attempt to be funny, but I am glad you put that item in. I will copy it out and read it. By skimming over it, I have already seen some pretty interesting thoughts in it.

Just goes to show us; we can learn something on the PistonsForum, if we pay attention :jaw:

18. lazyberbs

BBills

Hang in there, big guy. You will find out that you were not mistaken after all :fencing: !!!

(Man, I have been wanting to use those little guys for a while, now.)

19. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

We need darko to get some burn for his shot blocking ability. We are really hurting in that area thus far. Like 18th in League if I am correct.

20. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

this is what happens when you learn history from saturday morning cartoons. :doh:

so who thinks DMC will get meaningful minutes on tuesday?