Western Conf. Finals Jazz vs. Spurs

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by Dlev59, May 19, 2007.

1. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

On the other hand, weren't you thinking that Sloan should take out Williams with a twenty-point lead? I was, just before he got nailed. Stupid move by Sloan, who was a headhunter as a player and should have known better.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Agree 100%. You take him out to avoid accidental injury.

That still doesn't excuse Bonner's cheap shot, which wasn't the end of the world, but part of an emerging trend for the Spurs.

I like Bad Boy basketball. When both teams are playing it, and the league is allowing it.

Anyone notice when Bowen got his 4th (?) they showed a replay of him tripping Williams, and the 3 man crew of announcers all got very quiet. Anyone who saw it, plain as day, he's trying to take his man down and not making a play on the ball.

Yeah, there's a little self interest here. If we get to play the Spurs, my team doesn't have the cool heads to play through this stuff.
  3. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Plain as day. I'm wondering if he'll get fined.
    Sloan's pick and roll offense is just as smooth as all get out when done right.
  4. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

WHY WHY WHY can't anyone seem to stop that baseline 3 from the Spurs? Is it one of those so hard to defend shots that you just give it up and try to defend other places? Is it a tactical choice for the defending team and coach? I've been watching Finley, Bowen, Horry and god knows who else (Parker?) get that shot easily forever. That baseline three (you know the one I'm talking about) always goes in and it's always an open look. Now I know it's not that those shooters are incredibly fast. It shouldn't be that easy for them to knock those down like it's Shootaround.

It was great to see the Jazz win a game in this Series. And great to see Deron leading the charge. Go Jazz!!!!

Oh I also wanted to say that Memo did great defensively and that someone had to take that job on for them to win. So I can live with that, and won't declare his career dead yet, and won't even say he choked offensively. He had a big job and he did it. We are always making the same point about Tay.

I don't know why some of us have such a hard time being gracious about ex-Pistons. My latest theory is that it is either an unconscious abandonment issue or some kind of tribal proof of allegiance. Anyway, do we really have to add Memo to the list of ex-Pistons that require being run into the ground when we aren't even playing them?
  5. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

By the way, is anybody else surprised by the absolute lack of buzz about the Williams-Bonner play?

I know we have a persecution complex, but if that happened in our series it would be headlining above the Indy 500 on sports sites nationwide.
  6. 4cwebb

4cwebb First Round Draft Pick

Re: Western Conf. Finals Jazz vs. Spurs (Game 4)

Jazz getting abused on the boards in the first half of game 4, but are somehow only down 9 to this point with 2 minutes left in the first half.

Finley with 11 in the first half.

Edit: Jazz down 8 at the end of this half, which isn't too bad, but Jarron Collins didn't really help the Jazz cause by missing 3 of 4 free throw attempts in the final three minutes of the second quarter.
  7. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Mark Jackson is an idiot. He just said he will take good offense over good defense anytime...............

He must be one of Stern`s cronies!!!!!!
  8. roscoe36

Nah. Mark always wanted to be Jordache.
  9. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Tell me the NBA is not rigged. 25 free throws for Spurs in the 4th quarter. That's more than 2 per minute. Zebras got their hands on this one alright. 2 starters for Jazz foul out, the most on Spurs team a played had was 3. Fouls are 27-17. Free throws are 41-20.
  10. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Dominant 4th quarter for the Spurs in this one, as the Jazz melt down in the final stretch. Looks like this series is going to end in 5.
  11. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I was only intermittently paying attention to the game, so I don't know how good or bad most of the calls were. But after what happened with the Suns' suspensions, and now this, explain to me again exactly why the league is rigging things for the Spurs to get to the finals?
  12. roscoe36

Gregg Popovich has photos of David Stern auditioning for Lord of The Rings.
  13. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    They were both. There were good calls, weak calls, bad calls, nothing was called against Spurs. Javie was throwing techs and people out right and left. Fisher had a tech for accidentally bumping into Manu, then he fouled him hard and got another tech for staring him down.
    I am not saying that NBA is necessarily rigged, that was just a reference to the older thread, but it didn't look right. I only watched the 4th quarter, but it looked ugly. All Duncan did was drive into someone and he was going to the free throw line every time. I don't know what Sloan said, but he got thrown out on one tech.
  14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If and when the Pistons get to the finals, Bowen will kick and Genobli will flop. That's what they do . They will be aggressive enough to get as many calls as possible. If we don't do the same, then they will beat us at the FT line in at least two games....no rigging involved they just know how to win and who ever gets there with them Pistons or Cavs have to keep up with their antics without falling apart to win.
  15. Dlev59

Like it or not NBA, this thing is over Wednesday night. Looks like the Spurs will get about 8 days rest.

The Pistons need to take care of business on Tuesday and Thursday, then they can enjoy a week off.

The Finals are scheduled to start on June 7th.
  16. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

My guess is that the Pistons match the Western Conference in games played. That means we must win game 3. Figure the Pistons to finish their series one day after the Spurs. Spurs play like an Eastern Conference team. That's why it's ok to play them in the finals. Teams like Cleveland and Chicago are a good warm up for the Spurs. Hopefully, the Pistons agree and finish off these pretenders.
  17. Dlev59

Everyone watch how the Spurs handle their business.

They are up 17..........IN THE FIRST QUARTER.......

18. LA Dre

You are right Dlev, maybe Stern shows up and gives them the Lawrence O'brien trophy tonight. Neither the Pistons or Cavs look as if they can compete with these guys. But then again it all about matchups...ask Kobe and Shaq:)
  19. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Yup. Looks like they are taking Utah to the woodshed. Funny how their stars never seem to tire of winning, even after 3 championships.
  20. LA Dre

The hunger is still there and the Spurs has the coach who feeds it. The Pistons may have lost the hunger after they won it the first time and then assumed that it was theirs to lose afterwards. Of course our coach is hungry, but he can't seem to cook the right meal for his players to get excited about.:hungry: