West Playoffs

Discussion in '2009 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 18, 2009.

1. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

Well I'm done with the NBA for this season should the Magics make it to the Finals. I would watch Lakers vs Magics just to see Dwight Howard take down Kobe. I hate Kobe so much now that he has eliminated Denver.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The series was over as soon as the Lakers stole game one on their court. Phil is now 43-0 or something like that when his teams win game 1.

Although Kobe was the series MVP, we have to give the x-factor to Trevor Ariza, who basically stole games 1 & 3 with his key steals. He got them off to a good start today and was basically everywhere all series long when Kobe wasn't shooting his team ahead.

To bad Ariza's high school team mate Amir Johnson, doesn't have the same court saavy as him........Ariza is a free agent, but the Lakers will re sign him.

3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I wonder if Chauncey thinks the Nugs are the better team? Another title he he lost and no one won.........good year though for them.

Nice win for the Lakers as they become the early favorites for the title.

When will the Finals start, July 4th?

4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Quit hating, I bet Amir has already gotten up 2 or 3 shots this off-season and the summer hasn't even started!

5. detteam

detteam All-Star

He'd have more but he already has 3 fouls and is sitting on the bench.

6. LA Dre

He probably fouled out of tonights game just watching it at his crib..bumping into one his boys everytime Ariza did something....:)

7. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

Who cares? The refs are going to decide who will win anyway so why bother watching.

8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Yup, once he gets a few more shots up one might go in.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Ariza's 3-point shooting frequency is really strange.

He attempted 43 3's in his first 4 seasons combined in the NBA.

He attempted 191 3's this season.

And he only shoots them at .319, so it is strange that he just started taking them all this year.

10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Maybe he worked out with Sheed last summer? He shot well this series. His 3 ball was considered a major weakness heading into this round.

11. LA Dre

He has been working with Laker assistant and three-time three point champion Craig Hodges this season. Hodges indicated on a radio this afternoon that Sasha's shot has been off because he is rushing his shot. With both Sasha and Farmar spending more time on the bench because of inconsistency, Ariza is the Lakers designated three ball shooter this season.

12. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

I know where you are coming from. It's not hate and it can be easily matched as counterpoint in being a homer. Or being none existence with your snow-blinding witticism.

With respect to the original emphasis. There is a huge difference in talent (Ariza/Amur) and perhaps more in how an organization sees itself and how it can develop it's talent for growth, nurture, stabilization and adaptable means.

Fordism (standardization as a continuance of power accumulation) is from the past that measures cloning by marginal and associational talent that has remnants as if development is not influence by outside factors. It is the big and lonely track. There is no ruby-on-rails here.

Think large engines of locomotive old iron that does not comprehend the physics of magnetism.

Yet, all things have their placements. I would not like the magnet traveling 300 mph stopping every 15 miles for local pickups. This should not put old iron out of business...but it could. And who would be the less? Might you be one of them?

It starts in knowing your geography.

In A Study in Scarlet (1887), Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, speaking through Dr. Watson, list Sherlock Holmes' accomplishments and his limitations. In the list we read:
    "Knowledge of Geology--Practical, but limited. Tells at a glance different soils from each other. After walks has shown me splashes upon his trousers, and told me by their color and consistence in what part of London he had received them. "

The Practical Geologist, Dougal Dixon (et.al.)...ISBN: 0671746979.

13. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Nuggets maxed out. When they lost game 3 it was over. Nene is not much really. Martin has never been more than average. And Billips just doesn't have it-not at the level of a ship. People got on Joe for the trade but the Pistons would not have gone far with Billips.

The Lakers looked very good but some of that was a mirage as Denver melted. If they play Orlando, Howard will neutralize their bigs.

14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

You know there's another few things Ariza on Amir; consistent PT, not getting pulled if he makes a mistake, the coaching staff sticking w/ him through awful offensive performances and defensive mistakes; oh and did i mention playing time ?

Trevor Ariza here would be AA in terms of the way he would be developed at best.

He's going to have to play an integral role in whoever they play in the next round.

15. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

Agreed. Chauncey has now failed to advance in four consecutive conference finals. When he is on his game, he can really be the difference for his team in a playoff game. But his play in this series has been uneven from game to game, and if he was having a bad game, he just did not seem able to turn it around during that game. It seems that much of the difference in play from game to game is in his decision-making, rather than his execution.

16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Kobe out worked CB.
    I blame it on Karl, for lack of preparation.