Welcome new Pistons Assistant Coach, Rasheed Wallace

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by linwood, Jul 8, 2013.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The shot was long gone before Tay closed out on Horry. You don't double-team a guy that is already covered to leave another guy wide open. There was NO reason whatsoever for Sheed to double Ginboli. That was Tay's guy. He already had him covered.

EVERY good basketball coach in the world say that Sheed screwed up.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

[​IMG]

Long gone as in about 18" of space between the release and Tay's hand.

When Ginobili catches the ball in the corner (with his back to the hoop), Tay still had a foot in the paint after getting through a pick. If he had been knocked down by the pick, would it have been proper for Sheed to help? Or stick to Horry while watching Ginobili deliver the dagger? When Sheed made the decision, he sensed that help was needed, despite instructions to stay put.

Might have been the worse play in this instance, but it wasn't dumb, it was calculated.
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  3. BillLaimbeer

You are playing hypothetical now. Tay had Ginobli covered. Sheed screwed up. End of story.
  4. BillLaimbeer

From the summer of 2011....

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That's just cold.
    linwood and BillLaimbeer like this.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Nice paraphrasing

coynejeremy, BallDon'tLie and linwood like this.
  7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I agree that sunny days appear to be on the near horizon and I think I said that a couple of times at least. But I am no band wagoner. For the most part I've lost interest in the NBA so I'm not going to start watching just because the Pistons are possibly going to get better. I first started really following the team when Dick Vitale and John Long and TerryTyler were stinking up the silver Dome and winning less than 20 games. I went to lots of games whenever I could and brought in my Maxwell House coffee cans some of those times and sat up in the sky next to the pigeons. I also bought some good seats and was only a couple of rows back sometimes. Hell, with Entertainment coupons tickets were two for $8! Easy to get those...the place was empty. So I didn't quit them because they sucked...although at the end of the magical 2004 season I did get caught up in watching them. Which lead me to the Detroit News forum and eventually my decision to abandon the News and those muppets or whatever and follow Gazoo and Dre and Motown and those guys over here and the rest is history. But the NBA players, refs, Sterns turned me away. I wont go into it because I dont feel like hearing all the downer Debbie crap. It is what it is. Im very excited for the Pistons and all of my friends here and I will follow them a
    bit more closely because they are my team (note that is the one sport I don't have another favorite in like the Eagles, Phillies, and Lightning). how can you help but do that, but I don't follow my teams only because they are good. I stand by what I said, my friend. Maybe some people are a bit touchy because the team sucked so bad for so long so if someone cracks a joke and/or points out what they believe is a valid point, they do not take it personally or to heart but maybe they get a tas sensitive or protective of the team.I can understand that. I don't know and I don't care too much but I will try to be more careful and pull out my pom poms during these hopeful/ promising times. Like I said, I'm in a different mind set than most people here so I will make an effort to be aware of that. I really didnt mean anything by it. I know it wasn't a big deal to anyone so that's that!! :)
  8. Darth Tater

Once in a while. Not too often. Less than every blue moon. But usually when I least expect it... I just LOVE Laimbeer!!! LMAO. :)
  9. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Part of the problem is that Rasheed has never formally apologized for leaving Horry open. He should have done a Tiger Woods-like apology press conference type of thing.

coynejeremy, Slippy and BallDon'tLie like this.
  10. BillLaimbeer

The one thing that people often forget is that this was Game 7. If Sheed stays on his man and the Pistons win the game, they simply go up 3-2 in the series. They are in a good position, but there is no guarantee that they win the series.
    max likes this.
  11. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Bro,
    When webz posted his thing, I was like "yeah man, come back to the Pistons!" But mostly because I miss that crazy Darth perspective. I don't follow other sports. So I rarely read the shenanigans that go on in other sub-forums. I sometimes disagree with your logic but rarely with your spirit.
  12. Darth Tater

Bill, I already said that a few posts ago. But how were you to know since you don't read my posts. Perhaps you should consider unblocking me? Although then again there is that cost-benefit analysis that must always be considered. But you can't see this so why am I wasting my time typing it?
  13. BillLaimbeer

I have a feeling someone may have mentioned this already. If so, no one probably read it...
    Darth Tater likes this.
  14. linwood

linwood All-Star

How would you simply go up 3-2 in a game 7?
    Darth Tater likes this.
  15. BillLaimbeer

Typo. I meant game 5. I thought Drath was the only person that read my posts.
    Darth Tater likes this.
  16. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

:already-posted::ner-ner:
    Darth Tater likes this.
  17. max

max All-Star

Thank you!!!

It is also my personal opinion that we may not have won game 6 if not for that game 5 debacle, it really energized the team. That thing was destined to go 7 either way.
  18. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I HATE remembering all this. Who brought it up? We finally have some good stuff going on and some exciting games to watch and we're on here talking about this?
  19. BillLaimbeer

I'm afraid it was Drath that started this reminiscing. Must have been a slow day for Eagles' news.
    Darth Tater likes this.
  20. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Those daggone Eagles fans I swear.......☺
    coynejeremy likes this.