Welcome new Pistons Assistant Coach, Rasheed Wallace

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by linwood, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not adulating. And Horry makes that shot maybe 4 out of 10 times. And maybe Ginobli makes his shot 5 out of 10 times and it would have been a better decision to stay with his man and gamble on overtime. It didn't happen that way, though, and Sheed knew it. If he could have it over, he would do it differently. And so long as he tells that to the guys on the team, and shows them what can happen if they make that mistake, then the current team is better off for it. That's why he's coaching and not playing.
  2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    The mistakes are only magnified because of the stage. If that happens in any regular season game, it's forgotten the next morning.
    brofmfa likes this.
  3. linwood

linwood All-Star

True. If that had happened 8 minutes earlier in that exact same game, it would have been forgotten before the Sports Center wrap up.
    brofmfa likes this.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Chris Webber as the timeout manager would be great.
    Laimbrane likes this.
  5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Man that G6 win was awesome. I'll re-watch that one anytime, anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using the keyboard.
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Look, they say Sheed knows the game and I believe them. It looks like sunny days on the horizon.

But that one play was stupid. Of course it was magnified we know that. But it made it all the worse. But don't take it from me that it was a dumb play. What about an expert?

After the game Larry Brown Who we know DOES know the game Said something to the effect, And I don't remember the quote and I'm too lazy to look it up plus I don't care enough but Something like"i will take responsibility for the play. No matter how many times I tell Them what they should do If it doesn't get through to them Then it is my fault because I'm the coach"

Now first of all, Larry Brown was not taking responsibility. He was acting like he was but really he was saying he told sheed 1 million times not to do that. Ego maniac Larry Brown was acting like he was sticking up for his player but really he was saying it wasn't my damn fault. I told that idiot the right thing to do But he refused to listen. So personally, if Larry Brown and saying it was a dumb thing to do then I believe him. If somebody cares enough to look it up be my guest. But I do remember it because It was important to me at the time.

So what I am saying is that If you are not listening to Larry Brown And make a move like that at the time he made it Then it was DUMB.

I don't hate Sheed I like him. I think he is quite a character And is not intentionally hurting anybody. I love that he plays to the crowd. I love his passion for the game Even though it gets him and his team in trouble sometimes. But sometimes it gets them fired up. He's a clown And had incredible talent.

If the people who know the game are saying that he knows the game Then I believe that he knows the game. And that may have been an isolated incident when the whole world happened to be watching And he left his man wide open and it killed the team. And without knowing the X's and O's I personally believe that leaving That particular player wide open at that particular time When you knew he was going to try a three and was known For shooting clutch threes To be very stupid. I think it was all the more stupid because He knew what could happen. His coach, and we are talking LARRY BROWN For heavens sake Went as far as saying he triied making it very clear in the huddle That sheed should be doing something else. So I believe That the play was dumb if for no other reason then he blew off Larry Brown.

And I was not trying to bring peoples enthusiasm down about Wallace being with the team. Apparently the post was yet one more failed attempt at humor. :)
  7. Darth Tater

Slippy, I originally had I had somethIng in my initial post where I was saying something I THOUGHT would be funny slamming you, Linwood, Laimbeer, and Jammer but ended up taking it out because it didnt quite fit right where I had it and I was too lazy to fix it up.

BUT there will be many other opportunities to trash your good name my old dear friend. Keep it up...
    Slippy and linwood like this.
  8. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Rasheeds post game on both ends of the floor is worth him being on the staff. I was skeptical of Mo Cheeks but having Sheed on the staff makes it interesting. Frank looked like an x/o guy but there were too many little individual things that didn't get done. it never seemed like the guys ever hrnessed their talent. so much of a successful play is the little things: sealing out your man, changing speeds, cutting with the right angle, etc. Thats why Frank relied heavily on Singler; he would do those thing that made Frank's principles work. this team, right now, needs to be taught those things.
    Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  9. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I might add that if it was Bruce Bowen or Devin Brown instead of Big Shot Bob Horry, that play wouldn't have received as much scrutiny as it has.
    mikhail1973 likes this.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Tay closed pretty fast on Horry and did a good job contesting him.

I think Ginobili would have had just as open a look out of the corner if Sheed didn't help.
  11. Darth Tater

Probably not, since they likely would have missed it, lol.

Anyhow, maybe the Spurs would have come back to win game 6, instead of the Pistons winning it, and then won game 7 like they did to take the championship, anyhow.

But you know, the Pistons ahould have won game 7 too. If I recall, they had a size able lead, and had Duncan snakebit. Then I remember Billups throwing some ill advised cocky loooong pass and the Spurs got the ball, and I think it was Duncan that scored, but it went downhill after that. And I remember cursing Billups and knowing in my gut that things were going to change. Anyhow, they had their chances. Bad end to a good series. ...and here they are today. I like Cheeks as a person, and I think the outlook is promising, but I do wish they would have rolled the dice with Bill Laimbeer. But it is what it is, seems like their roster has improved drastically with Josh Smith (please don't be like Nnamdi Asomougha and the Eagles) so we will see.

But without an Isiah directing traffic it seems to me no matter who the coaches are, they will have a challenge before them. I really do hope they prosper, but I won't lose any sleep over it like most of the rest of you diehards. I will instead stay awake nights stressing over my Philadelphia Eagles. To each his own.
  12. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Just be like me, stress over Philly and Detroit both.....
  13. kpaav

kpaav Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I think the help on Ginoboli was justified. I watched the play 1000 times. If Sheed doesn't help Ginobili is wide open and had been torching the Pistons all series. It was a PERFECT pass to Horry. Ginobili deserves as much credit as Sheed deserves discredit.
  14. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Darth mate, I know you haven't watched much Pistons basketball since the glory years, but dredging up these memories is painful man! I think now would be a good time to get back on board if you have the time to fit basketball into your schedule. A lot here believe we're on the upswing and exciting times are coming. Drummond alone is a reason to check out a game. And we're accumulating guys who play Pistons basketball.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I don't think Laimbeer should have phantom fouled Kareem. Dumb play.
    mikhail1973 and BallDon'tLie like this.
  16. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

That is why he can't coach us.... just plain stupid on his part.
    mikhail1973 likes this.
  17. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That was not a slight mistake. That was a HUGE mistake. They were in NO-THREES defense and he left his man wide open for a three.
    Darth Tater likes this.
  18. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

19. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree. I had to "correct" his post, though. :6shoot:
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

In an attempt to keep another guy from shooting an open 3.

Also, Prince almost closed on Horry in time. At the point of release, Tay's hand was within 6" of the ball.

Would you really qualify this as "wide open"? It was almost a foul.

[​IMG]
    brofmfa likes this.