Week 2 - Lions vs. Bears

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Zoso, Sep 15, 2005.

?

Will Detroit beat Chicago this Sunday?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Will Detroit continue their winning ways and beat Chicago at Soldier Field this Sunday?

Detroit's offense wasn't setting the world on fire vs. Green Bay, so there's definitely room for improvement there, and their defense did play surprisingly well, especially in the second half.

Chicago losing their starting QB in preseason should bode well for the home team. But, can Detroit put points on the board against a much better defensive unit then what they faced in week 1?

2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I'll be surprised if they can't beat the Bears. The Bears shouldn't be able to put up as many as the Lions. If the Lions can't beat the Bears it's going to be another one of "those" seasons. Last year, I believe Kevin Jones did well against their defense. If Harrington is allowed to throw the ball our receivers will find a way to catch it.

Detroit 21

Bears 12

:doh: Did I just predict a Lions victory...I should know better than that.

IT happened again today for the umpteenth time:

Darth wears Lions baseball cap to retail store

Young male clerk (YMC) : The Lions...You're from Michigan?
    Darth: Yeah, lived there my whole life. Just moved here.
    YMC: Too bad they stink all the time
    Darth: This year will be different I think...really, it will...I mean it
    YMC: **snickers** uh huh

:frusty:

3. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Da Bears

Go Down hard. Root them Lions on strong boys. I'll be kickin back staring at the Rockies.

4. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

da bears

if we cant knock around a rook qb and shake his confidence then we are in trouble no predictions though i hate doing that its bad voodoo

5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

D-fence

I think this game is going to be ugly. I can see this game being a TD free field goal battle.

This is the worst possible game for Hanson to go down to injury.

6. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Nah...

I expect the offense to wake up this week. We are lucky to draw Chicago in a week without our most reliable special teams player.

7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i expect the offense to pick up too. this game should tell a lot about the upcoming season. i agree with darth, it we lose it will be one of 'those' seasons

8. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I see a very low scoring game. With Hanson out, we could be in trouble. With Chicago's quarterback woes, I think our defense may even outscore our offense tomorrow. I still think Detroit will prevail. 10 points may win this game.

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Wow is this a debacle at half time or what?

Joey is getting zero protection, the D-Line is embarassing and Roy Williams is dropping balls/running bad routes.

Even Troy Aikman is sticking up for JoJo and I see the same thing. These young guys are playing like crap. And Mooch's game plan as usual is so vanila, it might as well be water because it's see through and flavourless.

This team is so far away from being good, it's not even funny. What a joke. Man, I hate the Lions.

10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Unbelievable. No way I saw this coming. I wonder what Ford thinks about that contract extension to Millen right now.

Same old Lions. :nerd:

11. roscoe36

Let's get an impromptu poll going (just post your thoughts).

Will today be a bigger blowout than the St. Louis pre-season game?

Will Mooch take any accountability for his team being unprepared, undisciplined and unable perform basic football fundamentals like blocking, tackling and catching?

12. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Geez what can I say?Like I didn't see this one coming a mile away same ol' Lions.Thier playcalling really sucks and it seems except for the touchdown play noone is on the same page defense or offense.It's not all Joey's fault but he hasn't thrown to accurately either.

I just wonder in which game this season will I start to look forward to the draft again.I love the Lions and hate to get so negative after just a bald half maybe a loss but it gets old year after year they should have come out after the GB win and lit em up.I truly believe as long as the Fords own this team it will go nowhere.They seem happy with mediocrity.

13. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

One good thing about being in Connecticut

is I don't have to watch this team self-destruct. :mad2: I hope Wojo and Sharp tie these guys new ones in Monday columns. It's laughable really. 'Course, none of it really matters. These guys have to "want" to win. The attitude has never really been there. And Mooch is overrated as a coach. Gee, ggazoo, ya think? Yep. I can see why T.O. hated him. Terrible offensive scheme.

14. roscoe36

I just found a play that will stop Chicago. I call it, "TV off". HAHAHA!

15. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

This needs to land directly on Millans shoulders... He doesn't have a clue about what a good offensive lineman is.
    There is no QB that can throw the ball with no protection... and only Barry Saunders could run with no holes.

16. roscoe36

People complain about JoJo not showing enough passion or fire. I wish he would walk over to the sideline and punch Mariucci out.

Mooch is a fraud, a salesman. He's got players but no idea how to utilize them. He's got players and his starters except for Sledge have been healthy for the whole preseason and yet they play without any execution. It's like they never practiced.

This game today is embarassing. Completely embarassing. Everyone in the organization should be embarassed.

Thank gosh next weekend is a bye. I can't handle watching another car crash this soon.

17. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

yuck..

horrendous. what a waste of a Sunday.

18. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

I think once that bad PAT happened they went into shell shock and basically curlled into a little ball inside their heads.Mooch I agree is a fraud and his D and O coordinators suck,their play calling is written out in plain vanilla form and faxed to every opponent before they play.

Let's hope the week after the bye is different.Hehehe yah whatever.How many days til season opener?Praying for Pistons to set my TV free.

19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Lions POLL> Lions will beat Bears 15 YES- 2 NO

Lasts week's victory really fooled 15 of us into thinking that the Lions would be sitting atop the division at 2-0. Didn't see today's the game, but based on the on the stats did any of the Lions show up? Defense gives up 38 points courtesy of FIVE INT's by Joey. Special teams give up a TD. Only 29 rushing yards. Not even a FG attempt the lions. The offensive line is offensive since it can't give Joey enough time to throw or push the defensive line back enough to give KJ and the backs some yards.
    Can somebody tell me what the look was on Millens face was today?:frusty:

As someone said the good thing is that they have a bye next week and the other thing is they get to stay in first place for at least one more week be it tied though with the Mighty Bears.

Mooch you make take the fall here before Millen:wave:

20. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

they panicked too early, KJ only 8 rushing attempts? when every play is a pass it's not hard to get more interceptions. at least minnesota and green bay suck too, and chicago's not going to stay as good as they were today. the division is wide open.