1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

WDFN 1130AM Antonio McDyess Interview Nov 7 2006

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Nov 7, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

see the attached MP3 file (Windows/Mac) [strike]or OGG fle (Linux)[/strike].
    [strike]
    I know the files are not attached. technical problems...[/strike]

Uploaded!

Dice is hard to understand, his southern accent and low talking makes for tricky listening.

Attached Files:

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

doko ni?

SPARE me the gritty details!

3. roscoe36

Bump for uploaded.

4. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

The audio is really really bad. Had to bust out the headphones for this one. It sounds like Dyess is talking over a tin can phone during a jailhouse riot. Or is that Sheed I hear in the background?

Anyway, here's a summary of what I could catch...

about the new tech policies, if you get emotional you're gonna get t'd up

Sheed's "and-1" tech was hard to believe

the refs are telling us no hand signals, gestures, you can't do nothing without getting t'd up

you can't show any kind of emotion if you do something good or bad, or make any kind of face it's like the rule has just taken over the game

players around the league all agree that the tech rules and the new ball are difficult to get used to

I don't look at it as an anti-Piston or anti-Sheed rule, maybe it started out that way, but now everyone around the league is getting hit with it

basketball is an emotional game, and you can't take the emotion out of it by putting in new rules

just four games in, there's a lot of complaining about the rule, and I'm pretty sure the complaining is going to get worse

the first game (Bucks) was a disappointment, we had a six-day layoff (after the end of the preseason) and were still trying to get used to each other, overall I think we're going to be ok this year once get to know each other

there's no question teams are playing us differently without Ben--all they're doing is driving the ball into the paint, because they feel there's no one back there that can protect the basket like Ben, and Ben was the key to our defense, and now it's like we got to find our identity, we could play off of him and he just made everyone that was around him better defensively

to find a new identity, we've got to dig down and help each other

a four-on-four scrimmage is going on in the background, and we got a couple of coaches playing--not the old guys, just the young coaches

[is that Rasheed screaming in the background or Lindsey Hunter?] both

we don't say to much to Sheed about the techs, we know the kind of person he is--he's gonna do what he's gonna do--he has calmed down, he's not doing anything on the court and they're just t'ing him up because he's Rasheed--it got him fired up, and he can just take over games when he's like that

the team was discussing the idea that referees that don't like certain guys can now t them up for any little thing they're doing to punish them

I bulked up over the summer to get a little stronger and be able to take more banging to help make up for the loss of Ben

we still believe that we can win a title this year

with Ben gone, the vocal leaders are Chauncey, Tay, Rip--Ben didn't really say anything on or off the court anyway--Ben only led by the way he played, and by being on a mission, but as a vocal leader, Chauncey always played that role

5. roscoe36

Thank you lurker!

6. roscoe36

All that work for 5 listens? Sheesh!

7. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Interesting. Thanks for the recap. (Though if anyone should be able to understand Southern accents...)

I thought Dice looked a little bigger this year. That says a lot about a player that he would look at what his team needs and make a serious effort over the summer to do what he could to fill the Ben gap. And he is letting his hair grow out as well. Fear the fro.

Also interesting that he mentions the new ball. I've been looking for player comments about it now that the season is going and there isn't much. A change like this could certainly impact some players more than others just because of their style of play. May take a couple more games for Dice to get used to the new ball and his new arms and regain his shooting form.

8. linwood

linwood All-Star

I'm going to listen to it... I just haven't had a chance yet. Maybe I will Download it to my iPod.

9. roscoe36

:nerd2: :nerd2: :nerd2: :MusicBigGrin: :nerd2: :nerd2: :nerd2:

10. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

roscoe...its tough to sell when you say its barely understandable. I'll take the lurker-cap.
    I have a crummy laptop speaker and 4 server fans ruining my hearing every day.

11. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

There is a lot of background noise, but I didn't have any problems understanding Dice.

It's too bad the local writers don't write more about what happens after practice, etc. It would be fun to hear about the post practice pickup games against the coaches, etc.

12. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah, that was my exact feeling as well. Next time, write something like "Dice speaking loud and clear about a number of taboo subjects" and I'll listen for sure!
    :fish2:

Its all about the marketing baby!