WCF Lakers/Spurs

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, May 21, 2008.

1. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Well, the Spurs extended the series to 5 games. I guess that's all they had. Spurs Up 13 points after the 1st quarter. Then slowly lose.....I guess Pop had nothin. No answers for Kobe and the Gang. Better luck next time. Maybe time for Pop to retire.

2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

They were up 17 at one point. Pop just re-upped his contract, so I don't think he's going anywhere.

3. detteam

detteam All-Star

Half of Stern's plan is now in place ("...sorry Spurs fans and everyone else, it was a bad call...") and he's done a great job setting up the other half. The Pistons would have to play two consecutive A++ games to make that not happen...and with Rip a likely scratch, there ain't no way that's gonna happen.

reporter: "Congratulations David Stern! The Lakers & Celtics are reuniting in the NBA Finals! What are you going to do now?"
    Stern: "I'm going to Disneyland!...[cough-cough] and then I'm going to focus on bringing a BRAND NEW basketball to the NBA next season...it's made of something called unobtainium...it's REALLY cool and everyone is going to LOVE it!"

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The only way the Spurs win this is if they got a 30 point lead. I am not sure anyone will stop the[STRIKE] lakers[/STRIKE] Kobes this year, he /they are on a mission.

Their bench were unknowns last year, but Phil was not afraid to play them during the regular season or the PLAYOFFS...Sasha, Walton, Farmarr, and Turiaf are reliable enough in Phil's eyes to come off the bench and cause havoc with their quickness and 3 three point shooting. if only Joe and Flip had enough confidence in our guys to play them in real time situations instead of garbage time....

The Spurs were a tad to old to keep up with the Lakers and I think the Pistons and Celtics will run into the same issue. If Bowen could not stop Kobe, who in the east can??? We did it when we were young, but h is focused and Tay may be burned out or already knocked before getting that chance this year.....

5. txspursfan

txspursfan Second Round Draft Pick

Its hard when kobe takes five steps after changing pivot foots 4 times. The Spurs always get the short end of the stick from the officials when plaing the darling lakers. Detroit fans should know this... Lebron can take 30 steps and dunk and then get a whistle.