1. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

Away Washington Wizards - Saturday, February 28, 2015

Discussion in 'February 2015' started by roscoe36, Feb 20, 2015.

1. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

If he had stayed at UConn a little longer, he would have learned how to defend better.

BillLaimbeer likes this.
  2. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Maybe even how to block out.

roscoe36 likes this.
  4. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Doubtful. Looking over his career with Detroit, he grew and added something to his talents every year. This is contrary to this current group. SVG sees the problem and only the NBA front office does not. A shoot coaching will help, but the team will still have those mental problems.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

He looked bad early. I had to go and missed the end but I am happy he got it rolling.

We win a couple and our expectations rise. We lose a couple and now we have all sorts of problems. Truth is, we're not very good and I think we should try to savour every made shot and every win. The last few years have been brutal and I am really enjoying this season even when we lose.

del, Susie914, coynejeremy and 4 others like this.
  6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I think we played really well after a 2OT game the night before. Wizards are a good team, but I doubt they'll go deep in the playoffs. They have too many lapses.

Good of Stan to leave Widdie in there for the home stretch even though the kid looked visibly gassed.

7. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

He could have added some of these things at UConn. Great coaching staff, great facilities, good competition. I suspect there are many college programs that teach better than NBA coaching staffs. Dre was bred for the NBA in high school. The dude went to an unnecessary fifth year of high school (a very nice one, too, with great facilities) in Massachusetts to develop his game for the NBA. It's a wonder he went to college at all. I guess he wanted SOME development. The guy has had an NBA body for a while, but just because you have the body doesn't mean you know how to play the game. He could have picked up a ton of fundamentals at UConn. And it's not like this guy dominated at UConn. He scored 10 freakin' points a game and had 7 boards. Big deal.

He has tremendous upside and CAN develop into a great player. But does he want to put in the work to do it? I think the work ethic is lacking in some of these young players who have had praise heaped on them during their teen-age years.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    basketbills likes this.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We are only 2 games out of the playoffs, but as I posted on the PF Facebook page today....we would have won all three of those games if the team had played 4 quality quarters.....maybe even three good quarters may have gotten the job done.

Just think...if the Pistons had won all three games they would be holding down the 7th spot with a 26-33 record a half game ahead of the Heat. If they had won two of them, they would have been 25-34 and holding on to the 8th spot by percentage points over the Nets.

Instead they have 36 losses and are at the bottom of the totem pole of the five teams vying for the 8th spot.

Over the next two weeks, 6 of their next 7 games are on the road and six vs the western conference. I am thinking the best they will do is possibly 3-4 and even that is a stretch.

They need to win all, but but when they return home on the 17th, the schedule should must show wins over the Pelicans, Hornets, Lakers and Jazz.

Pelicans
    Rockets
    Hornets (home)
    Lakers
    Warriors
    Trailblazers
    Jazz

max and roscoe36 like this.
  9. del

del All-Star Forum Donor

Honestly, playoffs are done I think. Just not enough talent and experience on the team at the moment to play consistent basketball.