1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Away Washington Wizards Monday March 26 2012

Discussion in 'March 2012' started by roscoe36, Mar 24, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Mar 26, 2012.
  1. Detroit

50.0%
  2. Washington

50.0%
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

7:00 PM EST

TV: FS Detroit Plus / NBA league Pass
    Radio: 97.1 The Ticket

2. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

The Wiz that I enjoyed had Michael Jackson.......

The Wiz that I tolerate has some guy named Nene........

Wiz by 1..........

3. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

We need to lose this game.. let's play Charlie Garbage 30 minutes

4. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Im going to call Washo's on this one. The acquisition of Nene makes this a nice net positive for the Wiz.

By less than 8, under 195. Ill chuck a few dollars on it =)

5. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I am going to this game....My boss is taking me, VIP tickets, I'm excited, I will proudly represent the Detroit Pistons, he's a Wizard fan tho....

BillLaimbeer and roscoe36 like this.
  6. Nemo

Where's he taking you to dinner before the game?
    That may be the better part of the evening, considering the matchup.

7. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

With the VIP tickets, you get food included, and parking...and good seats....
    Tickets are not that expensive either but you know its the Wizards so.....(I'm not saying anthing bad about my team)

8. Nemo

Enjoy.........

9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Definition of tanking: Playing Ben Wallace during crunch time. They don't guard him on offense. He can't make a free throw. Unless you are going to use timeouts to sub offense-for-defense, you can't have him in there....unless you are tanking....

Clutch shot at the end for Super Collider. With Rip gone, he is developing into our go-to guy.

10. The Panda

Thank god i put money on the under, rather than the loss.

11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Finally the Pistons win one where they took the last shot...and it dropped in......a crunch time big shot by Stuckey in a game that both teams struggled to put the ball in the hoop.

It appeared that Taynking was in affect for both teams as Coach Larry swapped out Moose and Max during crunch time and left Big Ben in there to close out the game. Ben obliged the coaches' taynking objective by missing three FT's in the last 90 seconds but a big a big three by Stuckey, a tip in by Moose and then the Stuckey jumper with .2 seconds left won it for Pistons, who didn't taynk as bad as the Wizards who have lost several games in the 4th qtr:bs:

Welcome back Stuckey, goodbye Mr Gordon...

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  12. The Panda

As my mate put it:

The Pistons lay the smackdown on Washington today. Shooting a lights out 37%FG and a lava hot 23% from beyond the arc, their passing definately added to this edge, with the team dishing out a mind altering 12 dimes in the 48 minutes played. Austin Daye gets player of the game with 2 rebounds and a personal foul in just 6 minutes. He also managed to get off 4 beautiful shots with a 100% brick rate. Back to you Cam.

13. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Good win by the team in a game where they shot 37% from the field. Super Collider (not so much at the end though) really came through for them.

Rodney was huge at the end of the game as he got into his groove, and he of course hit the game winner. He didn't start off well by any means, at one point committing 3 offensive fouls in succession. I was honestly concerned that he seemed to be forcing it a bit in the first half (thus the offensive fouls), probably with the knowledge that his team absolutely needed him to score, but he did much better when he calmed down in the second half and got his jumpers to fall. His FG% isn't the best (9 for 20), but the team's outside of Greg and JJ who each only took 4 and 5 shots was way worse. And he came through when it counted. Good second half for him.

Greg had a quiet night, struggling with turnovers (he had 5) and fouls (also 5), but he finished the game with a modest double double (10/10), and his last two points came off a huge tip in of Tay's missed shot at the end which set the stage for Rodney's game winning shot. Not a bad day at the office considering that, but his defense does need work.

Brandon played pretty well, bouncing back from his 2 assist, 6 turnover game against NY with a 7 assist, 1 turnover game tonight (as a team, they only had 12 assists, 18 TOs). He also had 6 boards and 3 steals. His FG% is as about as bad as it gets, he was 3 for 13 - but he played solid defense on Wall at the end especially, staying with him and forcing him baseline to make that shot attempt as difficult as possible and made him miss. His highlight (which made the game's highlight reel) was a hustle play - he flew out of bounds trying to get a loose ball and got drenched. But the bigger play came after, his third steal of the night which got them an extra possession.

Tay was ok. He was the only guy who could put any points on the board for a while there, and finished with 18 points. He also made that nice pass that led to Rodney's 3 that put them up 2.

Max was a non-factor and played only 17 minutes.

JJ was very good, he played with a lot of energy and was a big part of the comeback effort just playing like that. He also tipped in Brandon's missed shot that tied the game iirc. He finished with 9 points and 12 boards in just under 31 minutes.

BG only played 6 minutes, and presumably will be out when we play Cleveland as he has a sore groin (seriously what's with all the groin pulls this year? Off the top of my head, Rose, Rip, Chauncey, Rodney, Melo, and now BG - crazy).

Bynum - He can score, but often to the detriment of the team. He also committed all of his turnovers forcing his way inside among the trees even when his teammates were back with him. He's like a far less effective Stuckey circa 2010. Sure, he'll make nice plays here and there, but I never feel like he's a net positive. I also don't get why he "played point" when either Rodney or Brandon were on the floor with him either; he seems to have pretty bad floor awareness. He also committed fouls after each of his 3 turnovers.

Austin played for the third straight time, and was 0 for 3 in just 5 minutes. 100% brick rate. He did grab a rebound at one point, but was a non-factor the rest of the time. Not enough PT to do much, though.

Big Ben was ok. That rebound off Wall's missed layup attempt was huge (though he inadvertently elbowed Jonas right in the face on that play; JJ's fan girls' collective hearts must have stopped), and he thankfully was able to make 1 of the 2 fts after.

Good game. Frustrating at times, but they just never went away; they just kept coming back at the Wiz the whole game and finally got over the hump in crunch time. Nice to snap that ugly five game losing streak too.

basketbills, The Panda and roscoe36 like this.
  14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

15. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

:winner first h4h:

16. The Panda

Whoever wrote that boxscore is a dick.

17. Nemo

18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

19. max

max All-Star

Now that was a fun game in the end. I will have to change my opinion of Stuckey if he keeps this up. Maybe he just needed a good coach.

20. Nemo

Zero assists, but a nice shot at the end...........