Home Washington Wizards Monday, December 30, 2013

Discussion in 'December 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Cheeks is on a 50 game (albeit 49exactly) window for me. If he doesnt go at least 25-25 with this team playing in the sorry eastern conference....then what good is he.
    Also, smith and Monroe will never work out.
    Trade jennings before end of season.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Teams with a plan don't take the best available. They take the best fit.
  3. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Good analysis.

I do feel that not enough help is coming from the bench to help this group of players score. I also get the impression that the Pistons don't run plays in the 4th quarter. These players can score some--certainly more than 4 points in almost 7 minutes.
  4. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Their is no culprit and why take this approach? You have 15 personalities out there and then you add coaches, media, etc. You have two raised hands (Jennings and Smith) and I have some questions about these two. Don't think the ending fourth has not been influenced by the other 3 quarters.

Cheeks has a long history and he is a player's coach. Climbing a mountain of insecurity toward respectability will draw heavily on the latter. Three-quarters before obtaining the top of the mountain, means greater concentration and more discipline. Most of the time, the end result is stability from the learning process and the particular organization has grown with the climb. Pop, Jackson, Rivers, and the rest all have had dirty fingernails. Cheeks knows this too. He can play the hood game-talk, but he said a great deal when he left his highest domain seat and park himself next to some perplexed ladies.

Nice summation. Drummond is young, athletic and does not know consistency of motivation and situational learning. Monroe is what you get: a solid 15/10 guy that rides comfort no matter what the game situation. Also, I suspect he would rather move on. Smith is the best talent on the club, but his IQ can not comprehend situational aspects dealing with body placement, defensive floor aspects, game flow and he has no one to bounce off of. Lots of money being spent on him, so that many may feel comfortable that his shortening road is merely being, historically consistent. JD should have known this and he probably does. But he saw the yellow-brick road and even with muddy boots, was willing to prove that it never changes colors. And someone always picks up the left-over dirt.
    roscoe36 and KGREG like this.
  5. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Every time when they collapsed in Q4, they seemed like not having enough energy for 48 minutes.