washington Wizards Dec. 17th, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'December 2008' started by Dlev59, Dec 14, 2008.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Really, MC can't be married to small ball. It must be an interim thing to kill time until he decides who he's going to disappoint with the news of their demotion.

I mean there is just no way we pull this out in the playoffs when other teams are crashing the boards and playing tight defense. We'd be 1 and done every possession. A team like Atlanta would dominate us.
  2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Or a team like Utah, glad we get to find out friday. If there is one coach who can ABSOLUTELY destroy small ball it's Jerry Sloan. Tay trying to check Memo or Boozer...uugghh
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Oh man, good point. But maybe Sloan will just out do us by going even smaller, taking Curry by surprise. There's no telling how small the lineups could be by the 4th quarter.
  4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

PG(a)-D. Williams Vs. Rodney Stuckey
    PG(b)- Ronnie Price Vs. Allen Iverson
    PG(c)- Brevin Knight Vs. Will Bynum
    SG-Ronnie Brewer Vs. Arron Afflalo
    SG-Morris Almond Vs. Alex Acker

This would look like an Intramural Rec league game.....
  5. max

max All-Star

This was the Charlotte game all over again ( in mini ) mid-way throught the 4th. Wash has cut it to 1 and almost took the lead before the Pistons stepped up on the D and inside play.

Very encouraging game overall.

Amir is still a DNP.
  6. max

max All-Star

This was the Charlotte game all over again ( in mini ) mid-way throught the 4th. Wash has cut it to 1 and almost took the lead before the Pistons stepped up on the D and inside play.

Very encouraging game overall.

Amir is still a DNP.
  7. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

i don't want to be part of this arguement, but i thought i need to say this:

The least you expect from AI that gets over 20 Million per year is that. Stuckey is in his second year in NBA. He was not a first all around pick, he was 15th pick.
  8. permaximum

permaximum Banned - Sent to NBDL

@ adonis

C'mon, pistons don't let AI to play like 20-mil-player.If MC let him play like 22 million dollar player he won't score less than 30 a night and he will have a lot of 40-50 point games.So there's the difference.
  9. yes-sir

yes-sir First Round Draft Pick

I second that. The Pistons seem to look a lot more settled with Stuckey running the point. Am i right in thinking that Stuckey has 4 straight double doubles?
  10. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

:rolleyes:
  11. yes-sir

yes-sir First Round Draft Pick

Found my answer! Thats some very nice stats. Glad to see he is hittings the jump shot with a lot more consitency.
  12. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

13. fwoompf

fwoompf First Round Draft Pick

Say what you will about the new starting lineup (I'm not really a fan. Tayshaun Prince guarding guys like Pau Gasol? Uh...okay...), but I'm really happy Stuckey is starting. The dude is a leader out there, and it was kind of great watching him in the mid fourth and realizing that there was no way he was going to let us lose this game.
  14. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

People are saying that but what about Pau guarding Tay or Bynum guarding Sheed while he is at the 3 point line. It opens up the middle.
    Problem with small ball occurs once you start to miss shots because there is no one to rebound. Aslong as you keep making them there isnt as big as a problem.
  15. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I have only one issue: soft centerless wizards beat pistons in 2nd chance points ( so stats show)....
  16. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

There was one angle they showed on the Wiz broadcast (not sure if you got to see it on yours) which made it pretty clear that he had just banged his knee straight into the defender's knee. It's one of those things that can be incredibly painful at first, but not too serious after a couple of minutes.
  17. permaximum

permaximum Banned - Sent to NBDL

BTW after watching the game again in TV i think i forgot to mention McDyess.He played great too...

Rip is the best player on the team except AI, but i'm starting to like the idea that Rip comes from the bench and mcdyess starts.
  18. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

My thoughts. Seems that at one stretch in the 2nd quarter or few minutes before AI got knee bump with Dixon, AI was basically running with the 2nd unit with the exception Tay (lineup of AI, Spellcheck, Tay, Max & Dice), the offense was smooth. Defense was smooth too. I would experiment further by putting in AJ for Tay in this line up and see how it flows. This would have given Tay some more rest and it would have been a very efficient 2nd unit. Wonder why Curry did not try this instead of another AJ-DNPCD and Tay another 40+ min game.
  19. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I shake my head and black out for about 5 minutes every time they show DET's starting front court. Any other team start a front line where all 3 guys are playing out of position?

Impressive D holding one of the leagues [STRIKE]best[/STRIKE] teams to 74 points.

The best thing about this game to me was when they had AI, TG, Sheed, Dyess and Tay out there together. Hope, hope.

I liked how they went in to Sheed a lot in the post. He didn't shoot well, but I thought he played well.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

MC must have caught Amir and Kwame messing up his desk.