washington Wizards Dec. 17th, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'December 2008' started by Dlev59, Dec 14, 2008.

1. permaximum

permaximum Banned - Sent to NBDL

I'm telling the truth.I can upload the game tomorrow and we will see who tells the truth.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You owe Dre an apology.

3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Small ball did not work too well. Minus for the game against perhaps the worst team in the league. Fortunately, Curry played the 2nd and 4th quarters (and the last two minutes of the 1st quarter) using a normal rotation. I believe we were minus 4 using small ball, plus 20 using a regular, NBA type, rotation. What a contrast.

Jason Maxiell, although of course this is no real competition for him, shined greatly in the game, just being too strong, too quick, for the Washington bigs. He basically pushed them around at will.

Stuckey was brilliant, his 2nd double double recently. This was about 18 points, 11 assists. He'd get inside, draw defenders, and make a nice pass for an assist. Not just passing to an open shooter, but creating shots. And when he was not passing the ball, he was driving in and scoring or just knocking down a jumper. They left him open for a three again, and Stuckey buried it again. That is getting to be way passed the fluke point. Stuckey can shoot the 3, with confidence, if you leave him unguarded. And shorter in? He can hit those off the dribble.

AI was, well, AI. Yes, he looked for an assist now and then, but mostly, he was just burning their defense with his speed. The game often looked liked his personal layup drill. And he was canning outside shots too.

I see some are complaining about Sheed's play. Well, Amir is not starting along side him, so Sheed had to hustle down the court on transition D. Very wearing on him. Something it does us no good to make him do.

We ended the game with Rip on the bench. Mind you, Rip was connecting on his shots, but AI and Stuckey were routinely getting the ball right to the rack. Good choice to leave AI and Stuckey in. Who knows just good it is to take an inside shot like that? Raise your hands. Yes, if we miss, we got rebounders at the basket. If they manage to get the rebound, they are taking the ball from under their basket. Your guards penetrating is a beautiful thing indeed.

Maxiell was doing great, he really should have been let to finish the game. But hey, compared to small ball, I'll take old man Sheed and old man Dyess in a heartbeat. They are slow, but tough interior defenders.

Shortly halfway thru the 1st quarter, Jamison jammed his thumb, and that effected his game quite a bit. Still, again, we could not play better than Washington, even with one of their best scorers playing with an injury. Not with small ball.

Afflalo did not play a whole lot. More in the first half though vs. the 2nd. Good D, made a shot.

Dyess did little besides playing some tough D. No Bynum. No Amir. No Kwame. No Herrmann. AI played way too much.

By far our worst stretch was with Dyess in the game instead of Sheed, with us still playing small ball, late in the 3rd quarter. That was indeed quite ugly.

Our rotation: AI, Stuckey, Rip, Tay, Afflalo, Sheed, Dyess, JMAX. An 8 man rotation. With AI playing way, way, too much.

A simple solution. Bring AI out of the game just a bit sooner, bring Amir in as the first sub, giving us a unit of:

Stuckey, Rip, Tay, Amir, and Sheed, for the last five minutes of the 1st and 3rd quarters. This would get AI's minutes down to 38, let Amir play 10 minutes. And we would be using a solid 9 man rotation. So hey, as much as I hate small ball, this rotation does not need that much fixing. Just play Amir, and play AI less. And small ball no more than 14 minutes per game, tops.

4. permaximum

I don't apology for telling the truth.If someone has to apology he is LA Dre...

I don't want to make this thread out of it's direction.

Great win for Pistons.The Answer and Stuck played well.Great offensive harmony in the 4th...Lookin' to Utah game.

@Lee

I agree with u completely except one.AI played normal Tay played a little bit more than it should be.Playing 45 mins for tay a little bit more but that's OK.For AI playing 42 mins is normal even a little bit less.

5. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Well whatever the case may be you shouldnt disrespect people on the fourm by callling them liars. I guarantee you wouldn't like it if I commented on on things you allegedly have done. Get my point.

6. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Stuck has 3 double doubles in 4 games as a starter. The other game he had 21pts, 8 assists. Very impressive.

Overall since he became starter: 15.5ppg (62.1% FG, 66.6% 3FG), 10 assists.

7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Tay's not AI. He gets tired, and then becomes sucky. Every year we go through this w/ no back-up SF or an SF the coaches like enough to play.

AI is like a freak of nature. He's the exception not the rule.

8. permaximum

@explosivity
    I'm open to all comments.You can call me a liar if you have proof.Since joining this forum all my messages refer to statistical facts or game bands.Statistics can't be subjective unlike persons.

When AI plays exactly like stuckey played tonight ( 6/12 fg 17 points 12 asists vs Indiana) you call him OK but when Stuckey plays like that you call him MVP.So i want you to ask question?Who's objective here.Me? - Just a blind AI fan to you - Or you?

@lpgrl26

You can be right i think.You've watched him so much more than me so I should watch Tay until the playoffs to make a comment about this topic.But i think it this way for now..

9. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Dude I cant even understand what you are saying especially the last part. Rephrase and then I'll respond, lmao.

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Just let it go XP. Please.

11. permaximum

I thought i put blank line after answering you explosivity.

Also in that paragraph the word "You" was plural especially targeting Latinoking90 not you.In that paragraph i tried to explain AI also had statisctically same game vs Indiana stuckey had tonight.Now some people say Stuckey had a MVP performance game but the same people called Iverson OK vs Indiana.In this way i'm asking you (those people) the question?Who's objective?

12. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I think the Stuckey praise is more about the stretch of games he has put together lately moreso than just this 1 individual performance.

13. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Well, AI was brought here to cast his starpower, it should help to go through Cleveland and Boston, at least so Dumars planned.

14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Nice practice.

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Before I get carried away complimenting our players for a beautiful 4th quarter showing, I have to preface it by saying that the Wiz looked horrendous. Very selfish bball from them with 13 assists and a ton of ballhog moves. Their center led the team in assists with 4. The fadeaway hook shot somebody forced was the coup de grace.

Even though we were playing a weak opponent, it was great to see our guards shred them up in the 4th. What a sequence there with AI and Stuck driving at will and making smart passes when there was resistance. Very fun to watch because we finally got on a roll in the 4th quarter instead of crumbled. Also, the fastbreak pass by AI in the first half was money.

And a very nice game by Dyess. Almost a double double in less than 30 minutes. Tack on 3 blocked shots, and you have a textbook game from the underrated big man.

I gotta say that I like our finishing lineup a lot more than the starting lineup. I really think Rip is going to have to be the 6th man. He doesn't necessarily deserve it, but I can't see AI playing less than 38 per night.

Playing bad teams is such a mood enhancer!

16. copper

copper Bench Warmer

We give up size defensively( not that Rips a great defender) but AI can get his own shot anytime and can also dish it out. As much as I think it would drive Rip outta town? He would make the Starting unit steady with inserting a big( Amir, Kwame) and then we get Rip, AA, Dyess, Max, etc off the bench. He would still get his 30 + mins a game cause then we could use him to prevent Tay from constantly hovering around the 40+ mark.

17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

permax, you are takings to literally here. I saw the whole game with the exception of switching off for a couple of minutes to watch the Celtics/Hawks and Clippers/Bulls.

I watched it here in living color on my HDTV and not only did I see AI go right through or around the defense at least 3 times for a mini finger roll or floating layup, Greg Kelser even commented on it during the game in his color commentary.

It was just an afterthought dude to say he was open more than usual and I was just quoting something that the announcers were referring to that I also noticed during the game..

Sure he was double teamed a few times, but in this game more so than others, he was able to get to the hoop a couple of times with ease and show why he is a crowd favorite & future HOF'er and that is no lie.....Now the game will be replayed tonight on Foxsports Detroit at midnite my time, but I probably won't go back to watch it verify my point...as I am done with this segment and ready to move on friend. In this forum we just let everyone speak their minds on behalf of the Pistons whether it is negative or positive as long as it is not about each other.:grouphug::ranger:

18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

The coolest thing about tonight was when the Wiz got to within 1, watching Rodney Stuckey. Much like his predecessor he doesn't shy away from the moment. It was really fun to see us get Pts in the paint down the stretch with the Kid running the show, I really think the Matrix is slowing down for him now, he no longer has to dodge bullets........

RED FLAG: Rasheed Wallace. Had a typical LAZY-SOB game. It is impossible for me to describe how much Dyess was missed. Sheed is not focused enough, mature enough, or professional enough to anchor that front line by himself, SHEED more than anybody missed Antonio McDyess. Dyess brings sorely missed maturity and professionalism that was obviously and completely gone in his absence.

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Really glad AI didn't tear a ligament on that one play. The way he grabbed his knee and the way that there didn't look like contact on the replay made it seem like it was an internal pop or something.

Pretty interesting how they played the clip of him talking with the ref about it. "Take a look at the replay at halftime. You may be right, but take a look at it, he stuck his out into me." Pretty respectful way to disagree with a ref. Sheed can take notes.

That's a good way to put it. He's getting more poise... except for the first play of the game when he scooby-doo'ed. He was out of control earlier in the season and he went on tilt a few times out of frustration. Now, he's not driving into brick walls and making more subtle passes.

Need him to play like this against a real defense to verify.

20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I like the fact you are emphasizing just how bad Washington is. That much more ammo against small ball, which could not compete with the Washington team. Small ball was minus 4 in this game.