Washington January 26th, 7:00PM

Discussion in 'January 2007' started by roscoe36, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Me too.

By at least 15 points...........:hoops:
  2. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

This is hilarious.
  3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I was reading that a day or two ago. The whole thread is hilarious esp, the whole thing about Jamison and his D, and the 4 on 5 stuff
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Forget D let's put up 110 points.
  6. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

FIRE THE TWITCHY DOLPHIN PETITION

We the undersigned hereby do.......aw hell.....FIRE HIS ASS!

The Low
  7. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

Another very winnable game that was lost and I'm not sure why. I guess it baffles me that the Pistons down by 2 with 15 seconds to go have Sheed jack up a 3. Why not try something a little closer and hope to go to the foul line? Flip's substitution patterns also irritate me no end. He stays with his starters way too long and putting in Maxiell for 3 minutes in this game just won't get it done. Tayshaun plays more minutes than he should but on the other hand Agent 0 didn't beat us tonight but Jamison did. Was that a career night for Jamison?
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ok first thing to say is good 4th qtr, but we screwed up the 3rd qtr., which cost us the game.. :mad:

A good come back to take the lead, but a touch foul by Sheed in the end, a bad set up play for Sheed to take a 3 when they weree only down by one and then a botched play in the last 5 seconds by Tay ends the Pistons streak at 3. Missing 7 ft's doesn't help either.

You can't play passive for a quarter and expect to win a game vs one of your chief competitors.. Give the wiz some respect and play them tougher at their crib....I bet they look at Jamison a little closer in the next game...35Pts :doh:
  9. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Now I have to deal with this Wiz @#$@%.

Ok, Ill be there next Tuesday and the results better be different.

Damn, these losses at home don`t sit well with me, and to the Wiz.....who play terrible on the road, go figure.

It will be very difficult to beat this team in DC, so another loss wouldn`t surprise me.
  10. dozero

dozero First Round Draft Pick

I don't understand....

okay. the opposing team is up by one and you have 10 seconds to score. do you:

a. let the clock run out
    b. run plays for two points in the paint
    c. go for the foul and try to win at the free throw line
    d. shoot a three

are you telling me that's the best play as a coach he could think of? wow. i'm done! i can't take this team seriously until after the trade deadline. somebody stick a fork in me.

please trade Sheed. give me any PF that plays in the post/paint and has no range (so we can erase those type of plays from the play book).
  11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

lmao@ the petition.

Washington is no joke. Teams taking them as a joke are going to pay.

Sheed taking the last shot??? I can't recall him hitting too many buzzer beaters.
  12. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Same old, same old. Haven't we seen this game before?

We can't win consistently when we give up more than 90 points in the regular season. Maybe the coach will get it. We do not have a western style offense to be able to win games consistently at 100 points.

We have to play defense to win. We go into a drought and the other team keeps scoring. Then, we are behind and we have to make a major effort to catch up and hope to get lucky.

We do not control the games with our offense like the Suns.

Way too many open looks in crunch time by the opposition. This is not Piston winning basketball.

Agree, the last second three was not the way to go. Let's get back to the Webber play book.
  13. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I won't give you any crap. I'm not happy about this either and it's only one regular season game.

But this is not a good sign. :(
  14. max

max All-Star

Re: I don't understand....

Agreed, its going on ever since we got him. Sometimes he makes them and sometimes he doesn't.
  15. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Leaders

Rebounds
    C. Billups 9

Assists
    R. Wallace 5

Steals
    A. McDyess 2

anything wrong with this graphic? lol

Awesome 4th Quarter though, this team still has heart, though apparently not the athletic ability.
  16. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

The one who set up this shoot must be a ****, nevertheles they executed the plan well, the rock just didn't drop.
  17. max

max All-Star

I agree. Sometimes have that one quarter when the team gets away from the game plan. For about 6 mins of the 3rd No sharing, no effort on the glass - one and done for the Pistons where Wash was getting all kinds of 2nd chances.

Continuation? I did not see a whole lot of difference between Arena's 2 continuation calls in the 4th and Rip's 2 which Rip did not get. Thats a possible 12 point swing.

Give Wash some credit. They hit the big shots and Coran Butler was 4-4 from the line in crunch time.

Note - Pistons out-boarded the Wiz 47-36. Rebounding was a concern here after the 3 wins. Kind of a hollow stat now but worth noting.
  18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Don't feel like writing much. Bit under the weather, and man I am depressed from watching a loss. Well, its not the loss, its that 3 Sheed took with us down only 2 points. That is truly depressing.

I'll start writing and see what I can remember as I go.

Tay stayed aggressive much of the game, doing quite a bit of damage around the basket. I remember seeing a lot of hooks from him tonight, more often than not they went in.

Rip hit some shots early, including a couple of 3's. Seems he disappeared somewhat after that.

Webber was a huge factor in our scoring early, either from his own scoring, his passes, or just promptly passing out of a double team, lettint the team swing it to the open man. He started the scoring with a jumper, and thendrove baseline to put us up 4-0.

The one gripe I got is Flip went down to an 8 man rotation in the first half, when it seemed like the perfect night for 10 to counter all of Washington's energy, specifically on the inside game. Maxiell did get some burn in the 2nd half, which got us back into the game at that point by the way, but man, we could have used both JMAX and Dale Davis in large amounts both halves.

Delfino helped hold Butler to near zero points. Thats good defense considering Butler is a 20 point scorer. Delfino also hit a few shots. Complaint though, Flip Saunders used him way too little as a point guard, and Hunter way too much as one. In this game, Hunter was no match at all for Arenas, and he did nothing to get plays going on the offensive end. Not a good fit for this game.

I do like Dyess, but hey, Flip is way too easily seduced by a few made jumpers. Dyess hitting jumpers does not add to our post game. Playing Dale Davis, a guy who can bull his way around down inside, and JMAX is the way to go. Keep all three of these guys in the rotation, but no way try to overuse Dyess.

Billups did no scoring hardly until the 4th, when he lit it up with some 3's and free throws. Seems both him and Rip missed too many at the line tonight though. That hurt us.

Yes, Washington hit some shots down the stretch. But why was the game so close? Chris Webber is a starter, but no, he is not a 36 minute per game player. Remember the knee surgery Mr. Saunders? Back off on his minutes. Gee, how many times do you have to be reminded by Joe Dumars out back of the wood shed to develop the bench. Overplaying starters does not help that.

Ok, out of energy. Hate the loss. Love the Pistons. GO PISTONS!!!!!
  19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I don't see how this is on Sheed if the coach called that stupid play.
  20. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I was like to look for my remote control to flip my tv when he hoisted the 3 at wide open. Could be the worst plan with the best execution recently.