Washington January 26th, 7:00PM

Discussion in 'January 2007' started by roscoe36, Jan 22, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

1/26/07
    7:00 PM
    vs Washington
    NAT : ESPN
    LOC : TV20 Detroit
    RADIO : 1130 WDFN AM
  2. roscoe36

I'm happy to have tonight off, but I am really pumped about this game tomorrow.

For those who don't follow the Wizards,

• Gilbert Arenas is shooting the lights out.
    • Brendan Haywood and Etan Thomas had a fight during practice earlier in the season.
    • Antawn Jamison is overrated.
    • Caron Butler is not.
    • Arenas yells "Hibachi!!!" when he is getting hot shooting the ball. His teammates are starting to say it as well.
    • KGREG and I have a man crush on Antonio Daniels.
    • This team doesn't miss Larry Hughes or Jared Jeffries.

This is Gilbert's tattoo. You can buy it on a shirt from FreeDarko.com

[​IMG]

Wizznutz is the premiere Wizards Blog.

They have a Gar Heard Robot that needs more conversational training.

[​IMG]
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Oh man. Now you've done it. Slippy...did you see what he wrote about your boy Jamison????

Arenas is probably my favorite player in the league (probably because I love having him on my fantasy roster).

It should be a really exciting game. The Pistons better be prepared to play well.

I'll be rooting for the Pistons, of course, but I am going to jump all over Dlev if they lose. lol.
  4. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I am here in D.C. and have been following the Wizards for a while now. They are a regular season team. This year I consider them the Phoenix Suns East.

Gil Arenas shoots the lights out, however, they play absolutely NO defense. They can't even spell defense.

Thier big three usually scores 75-80% of their baskets consistently.

Haywood is playing much better this year since he got his starting role back from Etan by default, but, he is still a softie with a big butt.

Antonio Daniels and Caron Butler are my two favorites, both are unselfish players, (unlike Arenas).

Arenas is good, but if I was to shoot that many shots are night, I am pretty sure that I would be putting up those same numbers. Someone need to look at his shots per game average, it's totally off the charts.

Gilbert Arenas very seldom find the open man, his supporting cast with the exception of Caron and Jamison get their buckets cleaning up the misses.

If you live by the jump shot, you die by the jump shot.

If the Pistons shots are falling, this is a game that they should get great penetration in the paint because the Wizards play NO defense, we will win this game easily.

Hopefully, the pistons don't plan to make it a shootout, if that happens and the Wiz shots are dropping for the big three, we havent a chance in heck.
  5. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

If the Pistons can take this game handily, it will prove to me that they are indeed a step above those teams, including Orlando, who have much trouble with the 'wizzers'.

I keep thinking that the Pistons are a step above most of the east and this would show it.

I was also just thinking how lucky we are that the two best teams, far and away, it seems, are in the west. I hope that Phoenix and Dallas will have such a battle that the winner will come out battle weary, during the post season.

The east is lucky that only one team can come out of the west.
  6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hey, he's got half of the requirements to be a serious rebounder.
  7. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Ah, that explains your love for the Wiz. Now I get it!!

Well, if the Wiz win as you stated earlier, it`s just a reg season game, however, if the Pistons win, be prepared to take the heat my friend!!!!!!:argue:

The Wiz are a fun team to watch, no doubt, I have no confidence in them at all when it comes to playoff basketball. I too have followed the Wiz since I am in the area and there is nothing new under the sun year after year with this team. When there is, I`ll let you know.
  8. roscoe36

I like Arenas, and hence I find the [strike]Bullets[/strike] Wizards interesting.

He's first a great player. Second, he's got the (now) lost competitive drive. This is a guy who last season sought revenge after being left out of the All-Star game, and this season is taking out his frustrations on teams coached by Team USA World Championship coaches.

If Ron Artest is crazy/stupid/dangerous, then Arenas is crazy/fun/charming.

I understand the DC natives here don't like the Wizards, particularly given that they are Pistons fans at heart, but Gil is the kind of player we would love to have in D-Town. He's got style, personality and an attitude problem. Tell me that does not scream DEEEEEETROIT BASKETBAAAAAALL!

I hope we draw these guys in the playoffs. Should be a blast.
  9. Darth Tater

Well...uhmmmm...yeah. Exactly.:nod: What HE said!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't find the right way to say it:nerd2:, but you phrased my thoughts perfectly. :yo:
  10. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

I'd much rather have Ron-Ron on my team than Gilbert "Flip Murray with a jumpshot" Arenas.
  11. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Arenas has reached his destiny, he will be a pushover against the Pistons now. He was just named as a starter in the All Star game!!

Loser...............:stirthepot:
  12. Darth Tater

OK. That's it, Dlev.:crossed: I'm doing a poll.
  13. pistondynastyx7

pistondynastyx7 Second Round Draft Pick

I really hope we can do the same thing we did against Charlotte Give the basketball to C-Webb see if he can produce like he did. See if Sheed is still in the great form, and we will see Rip 20+ points. Basically, all we have to worry about is Arenas. They say is good, but its only because his Shooting Attempts are sky high. Expect him to shot constantly, and not pass alot. Unless he finally realize its not Arenas vs. Other team, then we should stay with the Wiz's players tight.

But, watch out for Butler, he has been cleaning up Arena's misses and turning them into 2 points, gotta watch out for him

If we can do this. Pistons=:cheers: and Wiz=:(
  14. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

Goin to the game:) :)
    Hibachi better not light us up it will be the first game I take my wife to (but if we lose I can ban her from going) so I want her to have a good time. If Sheed plays like he did against the Bobcats we should pull it out but imo it will be a high scoring game. Thats it for predictions though I dont want to jinx it.
  15. DetroitBasketball

DetroitBasketball First Round Draft Pick

I think Detroit can take this game easily and show the Wizards their right place in the Eastern Conference. Gilbert is too full of himself. Hes too arrogant. I dont want a player like that in Detroit.
  16. linwood

linwood All-Star

This should be a good game. Hopefully, Flip will put Tayshaun on Gilbert to cool him down a little bit. Everytime Tay gets a block, or causes Agent Zero to miss, he can yell "Wallside!"
  17. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Tayshaun hasn't been able to defend anyone at either guard position in three years.
  18. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

The good...Detroit will step up, because they believe this a team who is competing for the number one spot.
    the bad...Detroit may not be quick enough.
  19. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

We're going to have live game on screen to-morrow morning 08:00. Yeeeeeah. :peace:
    We have 5 to 8 live NBA regular games every week and most of them are played in west or mid-west, because we're 13 hours "earlier" than EST, like this one 8 am is far too early for people here to watch which means less money the channels will make. So every live EFC game especially Pistons' game on Sat/Sun is a gift for me.
    Go Pistons, go and get'em. :hoops:
  20. max

max All-Star

I feel a win tonight.