1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

vs Washington Wizards Sunday December 6 6:00 pm

Discussion in 'December 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

If he had made his free throws, I would have mentioned him as being slightly positive. His defense is often non-existent, since he so many times fails to catch up to plays.

I still would much rather see Wilcox get those minutes.

2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

And they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Just in case you missed it, for the first time in recorded history at the Palace, Flip actually substituted in the first quarter. And not only once, but four times. Only Haywood played the entire quarter.

If he had learned how to do that while coaching here there might be another banner hanging in the rafters and we would still be making fun of his ties.

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Go watch Kwame at the start of the 4th quarter. He was doing everything right on both sides of the floor for a nice long stretch.

4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Thank you TaShawn, and we all know that Lee watches every game at least 3 times... in slow motion....... Kwame was impressive last night, the only thing he did wrong was BRICK the living daylights out of 2 free throws, man those FT's were "felonious"

5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

just got through watching game. ......Did anyone hear what EliZaret said towards the end of the NBA TV feed of the game?

It seems he had an open mike and was talking about an event he attended. As his mike cut back in from commercial, he uttered:

"My wife was with me...UNFORTunately..."

I was like "what//// whatdidhesay?"

I played it back 5 times.

Dont surprised if next time we see Eli on TV, he will have been TigerWood-ed!:pound:

6. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

HQ you think you could piece together an audio clip of that? I'd love to hear...Poor ELI.

7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I think it will forever live in NBA TV land.....and I have no computer skills WHATSOEVER! LOL ...I'm a child of the 60's, sorry.....Maybe I can relive it for yall on the next podcast.

8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That was awesome. He must have his casual conversations into the mic.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

There was a game earlier this year where Blaha's mic was hot when they didn't mean for it to be. He said something about one of the cheerleaders, but I couldn't make out exactly what it was. I forgot to mention it. It was something like "... and that one, she looks like troub... "

Anybody else remember hearing that?

Good thing women can't read our thoughts. I know they have a pretty good idea, but the actual transcripts would be pretty embarrassing.

10. Ernie the Slow Adult

You sure that wasn't last year against the Bulls when one of the cheerleaders was in the SI swimsuit edition?

11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I only watch games twice these days. Kwame does have some good stretches here and there. Reminds me a lot of Flip Murray, who could look great for a whole game even sometimes, but then revert to a scatter brain. Kwame tends to follow a good stretch by a bad one soon after where his mind seems to go awol. And even during his good stretches, you will see things like rebounds come right to him, and then right off his hands, or well thrown passes going thru his hands, or bricking both free throws badly. Matter of fact, lately his free throws are almost certain to miss - and this is during a home stretch where he has every other day off where he could be practicing free throws. In a word, his game is frustrating to watch. Promise one minute, reversion the next. From what I have seen from Wilcox, in contrast, is pretty consistent play. Not great, but consistent - and with a very good ability to post up and score the bucket.

12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

If Wilcox had Kwame's motor, he would be starting. Wilcox and CV are two guys who don't start full tilt boogie. They are both better off the bench.

Lee is right. One moment, Kwame has you smiling. The next, crying because he dropped a pass, or blew free throws.

13. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

That's an overreaction if I ever saw one. Sure that one was bad, but even the greatest point guards miss some open people. And its funny how no one ever talks about the open guys a guy hit if the guy misses the shot.

In general, Stuckey has done a better job of finding the open people lately. But it's not even him that I'm concerned with... as a team we are moving much better, cutting harder, setting better screens and hitting the open guy.

22 assists... 11 turnovers

Thats what I like to see.

14. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

What are you talking about?!?! Stuckey committed the single worst offense in organized basketball history! There is no going back from here. He has now actually been kicked out of the league, and will be playing tight end for the Lions.

15. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

The Lions.... wow your giving out penalties that might break all sort of peace treaties.....

16. Ernie the Slow Adult

I think you could say this about any of these big centers that people seem to want. It is the nature of their beast and successful teams figure out how to maximize their contributions.

17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't think you can. Kwame is not a very good center.

18. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

but for the price were paying.... what could we get? he's a very servicable backup center.

19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Oh relax. I think, that you think, that I don't like Rodney Stuckey, but I do, I really do. The fact is there are certain plays that are EASY for PG's to make, they are obvious, they come 2nd nature, they come off instinct, they're instincts that Rodney doesn't have. Now I'm not saying get rid of Stuckey, I'm saying GET HIM OFF THE POINT! He looks so much more relaxed, comfortable, efficient, and effective when he can play his NATURAL position as a 2-Guard. The numbers are not lying, he's playing better ball as a 2-Guard, without the pressure and responsibility of having to run the offense.

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Rodney Stuckey of the Detroit Pistons, NBA player stats

This would be the answer that we are looking for if their data were correct. But since they show him playing the PG position 4% of the time, it is obvious that they aren't classifying his position correctly. Too bad, because it would be interesting to see the breakouts.