vs Washington Wizards Friday March 12 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'March 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons vs Washington Wizards

Friday March 12

8:00 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 97.1 The Ticket
  2. roscoe36

3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

As much as I would like us to win this game, this will be a head to head matchup of teams battling for bottom tier positioning, so I won't be mad at the outcome win or lose....:ban:
  5. roscoe36

Dre, you will be the last person to ever get banned here. I have a better chance of being banned than you do. :)
  6. roscoe36

Full credit to Wizznutzz, which now seems to be defunct. I grabbed the pics from their lookalikes gallery.
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Normally I would be predicting a strong performance from CG here given his success against the Wiz this year, but it is not like him to have 2 life like performances back to back.
  8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

And the games dwindle down to a precious few...
  9. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

And our playoffs become...The NBA Draft..
  10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

This will be the middle game of a back to back to back set for the Wizzards.

I can't imagine the excuses that would be flying for a certain long tenured rookie if he had to play that type of schedule.
  11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Yeah, and 5 games in 6 nights. I wonder when was the last time a team was scheduled for 3 nights straight. I certainly don't remember this happening in the last 8 years anyway.
  12. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wow. I have never heard of 3 straight.
  13. LA Dre

Yeah I remember back in 99 during the strike shortened season the late great Chick Hearn indicated that due to the strike, there will be some teams forced to play three back to back to back games, but other than that it was in the NBA bylaws not have a team play three straight games in three nights in the regular or post season.

But this is different, as it is because a postponement of game that they missed vs Orlando when they were snowed in at DC back in February and could not get to Disney world. So the make up game is tomorrow, which means the Magic should have an easy cake walk with the possibly wearily Wizards play in Orlando tomorrow.
  14. roscoe36

15. roscoe36

Chucky is dressed, I like our chances!
  16. Brap

Brap Starter

Bynum putting on a huge show tonight. I'm going to try to forget that we're playing against pylons out there. Still, pretty damned impressive.

I sure would have loved to see what this team could have done if the 4 guards had stayed healthy. We've not even come close to seeing that dynamic very much this year -- like, maybe 1 time?
  17. LA Dre

Tonights highlights

Will Bynun delivers 20 assists...although Dajuan Summers tried his best to stop him from getting the the final one....and Summers was the only Piston who was a negative.

Kwame gets an early shower (2 techs) after playing to many minutes in his opinion...5:30

Charlie V hits only one bucket the whole night...a three pointer with about 4 mins left in the game

Three Piston players score 18 pts a piece JJ, Tay and Rip.....and Gordon comes up one pt short with 17.

Rip missed all 6 of his three point attempts but still shoots 50% from the floor

Max gets a double-double

We hear from JJ's mother in the stands

Piston Captain Chucky Atkins does not play:)

Wizards show Pistons how to tank and we blow an opportunity slink further in the standings

Flip twitched

Erin Nicole tries every job at the palace

Mateen Cleaves delivers halftime in studio comments

Potential Piston hopeful "Evan Turner beats Michigan highlight" is shown at least three times during the game....CWebb in the house and tells how devastating the loss was.

NCAA bound Oakland University gets nice seats to see how the [strike]pros [/strike]semi-pros do it.

Chat was great!!!
  18. roscoe36

Nice game from Will. He can see the court.

Great defensive and offensive games from Max and JJ too.

Wish we had lost though. I'd rather draft high than have the moral victory of beating the Wiz.
  19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Good game. Well coached. Good game plan. Good leadership from Bynum, who delivered 20 assists while only taking four shots himself.

Rip did take a lot of jump shots, but that was ok as the rest of the team pretty much stayed with an inside game. And you take the 6 misses away for Rip from the 3 line and we really destroy Washington.

Got to give props to Kuester for two things. One, despite his complete and total disgust with the very idea of letting a rookie play, he was forced into playing JJ all season. Forced or not, he did play the guy, so you got to give him some credit at least. JJ keeps crashing the boards well, always hustles, shows a lot of talent for scoring around the basket, and even has his outside shot going these last 20 games or so. He did a fine job defending the post tonight too.

And 2nd, Jason Maxiell. First coach we had in all Jason's years here to play him correctly. Consistently. Plenty of shots. Jason just gets better the more he plays. Now, I don't know how much longer JMAX can hold up to these starters minutes he is getting of late, but he should be good for a little while at least until Ben Wallace gets back. But no way I would go to starting Ben Wallace for the remainder of the season. What future is there in that? You like Ben Wallace as a starter - I would love to see Ben Wallace stick around as our super sub for the next 8 years.

Summers got a little GT action. However, don't let those 2 missed shots fool you. The guy has barely played this season. Kind of hard to have any rhythm out there under those circumstances. JJ is doing well for getting the time. Daye is looking pretty good too of late - better and better as he plays more. Don't be surprised, as good as Daye and Jerebko are, that Summers does not turn out to be even better.

Speaking of Daye, man when this guy guards an opposing guard, he has that guy smothered with all that length. Knocked down a three tonight too. We did very well with him in the game. Attribute that to Chucky not playing. Thanks Q for that.

Kwame did play, and really, I do not like picking on the guy - but offensive plays to him can very well be called turn overs as he is aggressively fouled and can't make free throws. And letting rebounds slip thru his hands, just bad. I still do like to see him get just a little bit of time out there to stay involved though. Just remember, Kwame ain't really open unless the other team simply can't get to him before Kwame scores the ball.

CV did not do any scoring of note. About the most important thing to us fans tonight was that he gave Bynum one more assist late on the shot he did make. But, check this out, CV did ok for us as a backup center tonight. That is important too.

I liked Gordon's game. He will shoot that outside shot, but he always checks out the path to the basket enough during a game. And he played perfectly well as the backup point tonight. Again, of value for sure.

Tay, a good balance of outside and inside scoring. We fans got again well treated to seeing Tay and Day out there at the same time. Gordon and Daye in the backcourt. I believe JJ and CV were in up front with Tay at the time. A fine backup unit.

Yeah, yeah, its just Washington, and they traded away some key players, not to mention a star of theirs is suspended. But they still have an NBA team, with some very capable players. Look, Boston just barely escaped with a 3 point victory last week from them. It was still a good performance tonight by our Pistons.

Yes, we played just a bit of small ball tonight. Small ball is a gimmick, only to used just a little bit. And I think we kept it to around 5 minutes total - at the end of the 2nd quarter. Good place to hide it I guess. Again, just keep it down to a minimum.

Congrats to Bynum again. 20 assists has not been done in the last 2 decades and a half around these parts. That is indeed something special.
  20. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

The Wiz are barely in the NBA so I can't get hyped up on Bynum.

I also wish we could lose and I wish we could play JJ less now so as not to win so many games. His impact is already amazing and he should get a lot better.