vs Utah Jazz Saturday February 26 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'February 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

no it was not, he battled with tweaked ankles, and needed time to get in full form and in good rythm. first weeks after getting clearance by Kander, remeber, he was so bad that people, including you, KGREG and others, called him a bust and cursed "this stupid Q" because of Bynum got minutes.
  2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Huh? What? How did I get dragged into this? (Now I know how Austin Daye must feel about Black Friday) ...... lol ...... But seriously let me say this: Bynum is an EXPLOSIVE player with elite speed and quickness, but when he's not healthy (ankle, hamstring etc) he's awful because his game is 100% reliant on his ability to explode and blow by people. Earlier this season his hammy was tweaked and it was rendering him incapable of doing the things he does to help this team. Right now going forward (and by going forward I mean for the remainder of THIS season) I hope we keep this 3 guard rotation of Bynum, Stuckey and Gordon. I hope Tay stays on the bench and I could take or leave McGrady.
  3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

What a win! It was impressive that the Pistons could keep their focus while the out for blood Palace crowd clapped their thunder sticks.

Did it seem like they tried to not show Kuester for most of the game?

I'd like to see Summers play just because he can shoot off the dribble a little bit. They don't have anyone else aside from Gordon and Bynum who does that.

The Pistons have always played better when their roster is reasonably short of players and after those games people always come in here and say something like, 'This is who we should have been playing all along!'. I think you could make this claim with just about any group of players they have.

Daye looks like he is the valedictorian of the Charlie Villaneuava school of defense.

In any event it looks like we have different sets of rules for different players and that is always a good thing. Where is my rally monkey?
  4. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Impressive win. This team wants and needs to run, since this can modify some other glaring weaknesses.

As I watch the game, my eye kept going back to Kirilenko...again and again. This guy is quick, exceptional mobility and always moving. Did I mentioned he is tough, tough, tough. Take a look at his stats for this game. He 30 years old, and a unrestricted free agent. Always looking for a pattern that would most complement Monroe. Just saying.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Jerebko has a lot of the same qualities.

I'm glad that Kirelenko didn't keep going at that 1st quarter pace and dunk on us 20 times last night.
  6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We still have some professionals on this team. Daye is a good one and he should be here when we finally turn this thing around.
  7. pistons_team of SFs

pistons_team of SFs Banned - Sent to NBDL

the pistons still suck .....
  8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

How long have you been a Piston fan?